Tyrone 2013 and beyond!

Started by Boghopper, July 27, 2012, 01:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boghopper

Without doubt Kerry will be AI contenders this year and no one will fancy meeting them from here on. Albeit Tyrone were unable to start SON, SC, RON, KC, JMcM, RMcN against Kerry ruthlessly exposed the inadequacies in the Tyrone team and their tactics. The short kickout strategy is not working Dublin and Kerry have both exposed this system by filtering bodies back turning over possession and kicking early ball into space to dangerous forwards Brogan, Cooper and Connolly who thrived on a)The early ball and b) the huge space and duly punished Tyrone by racking up scores. Tyrone need to change their strategy somewhat by getting their kickouts futher out the field like Cluxton can deliver and improve on winning break ball they were abysmal against Kerry who totally dominated this sector. Our Forward line is malfunctioning too Mark Donnelly is not a CHF we have not replaced BMG whose vision and compusure created plenty of scores in the past. We also don't have scoring inside forwards. I believe that MH is the man to take Tyrone forward although it could take a couple of years I know they upped the ante in terms of fitness training this year and they will have do this next year also. I would suggest maybe a shake up, of the backroom team to freshen things up new ideas would be good rather than nodding heads. Their are likely to be retirements also and maybe there are players from the club scene should be looked at such as Connor McAliskey, Michael O'Neill, Colm Doris, Peter McGahan, Niall Sludden, Kevin Mossey, Shane Mulgrew, Gavin Teague, Cathal O'Neill, Niall Gavin, Liam Gervin, Finbar McQuaid, Sean Warnock, Tomas Canavan to name a few and see if they  a) Have ability to play for the County and b) Have the commitment. With the greatest respect to Ronan McNamee some of the lads named are better than him imo. In 2013 I wouldn't expect much hopefully survive in Div 1 and a reasonable championship showing. Another thing that needs addressed is the poor preformances of our u21s we can't translate All Ireland Minor glory to U21 level for some reason which is probably a reason why we are where we are at senior also.

nrico2006

The one noticeable difference in the Dublin game last year and Kerry game this year was the space afforded to the oppositions forwards as the ball was pumped in low and quick frequently.  Tyrone run in lines and by the time they get to the opositions half back line there is no space for Tyrone's forwards.  It really isn't a difficult game, Kerry's or Dublins defences are no better than outs however they made our defence look weak and their forwards look great as they simply gave them the ball that would allow them to flourish.  Maybe Mickey Harte needs to watch the first goal film to see the clip where Svens cousin had to demonstrate that a ball will always reach its destination quicker than it would be if dribbled by a player.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boghopper

To be fair Mickey has a lot on his plate I don't envy what the Harte family have had to endure good knows they've more important things on their minds than football, but your right the no matter how good a defence is they are always going to be on the back foot with the current tactics. The best defence in the country would struggle to deal with a frequent supply of good early ball against the likes of Cooper, Brogan and Connolly. Thats why I make the suggestion about freshening  up the back room team. Mickey has masterminded some great victories for Tyrone in the past and I'm sure he is the man to continue managing us and mould a new team I don't see anyone better than him within the county.

Orchardman

For a change there was a small bit of sense written when i seen the gaelic life yesterday. It was about ronan o'neill and how it was a farce that he has been constantly mentioned all year as one of the big 3 players missing from tyrone- with kyle and sean.

O'neill has played 30 mins of league football, and no championship football. He will no doubt be a top player of he's as good as everyone says he is, but it was a bit lame talking of him as if tyrone were missing something he had been doing for them for years.

Since around 2008 til now i always would have felt an underdog going in against tyrone, but from next year I would be more confident of our 2009 minors adding more to senior success than any recent tyrone players. I think your young players showed up real poor in the championship. I hope both teams get back to the top as it's the great rivalary i want to see. Bit i was thinking the other day that in 2003 tyrone won the all ireland with a team made up mostly of 22-23 year old lads. They didn't seem like kids but tyrone's 2008 batch are all 22-23 next summer and it yet it will be talked about having a young team and building for the future. It's a young man's game these days, and armagh need to wise up and start delivering as well as our much feted 2004 under 21 are kicking the arse of 30 now.