GAA Gold

Started by Whishtup, July 25, 2012, 08:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

some tough tackles there, the 80`s when men were men!! not a wonder the old timers cringe about players today, when a stiff breeze would blow then over!!

theticklemister

Connor scored the first 1-3 in that game for Offaly his second one with the outside of the boot was a beaut.

theticklemister

Start of the second-half , Mick O'Heir

'And there is the ball.......................at the feet of the referee'

Mick O'Heir

'Well Matt Connor has scored 300 and, sorry 3-17 in this campaign and now this is his 300, sorry again, third score of the game.............. He scores that many times you swear he has scored 300'. Pure class

Wildweasel74

no such thing as zone fouling either to pin teams in

boojangles

Standard of catching top class. Standard of kicking pure shite. The amount of times so called legends gave the ball away was shocking. Drop kicks seemed to be very prevalent too. Funny old game back then! :D

Mid Down Gael

Matt Connor was an unbelievable player. One of the greats. His scores in that game where sublime.

5 Sams

Lowry nearly maimed Seanie Walsh...did he even get a yella??
The Aristocrat Years

theticklemister

No yellas in them days................. but I dont think he even got a talking too!!!!

Fair challenge in them days, it was a pure 50/50

5 Sams

Quote from: theticklemister on August 02, 2012, 05:44:50 PM
No yellas in them days................. but I dont think he even got a talking too!!!!

Bollix...Walsh had the ball in his hands.
The Aristocrat Years

theticklemister

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 02, 2012, 07:39:29 PM

I was being sarcastic me oul mucker.............. He was have been lifted by the cops for that challenge now!!

5 Sams

Quote from: theticklemister on August 02, 2012, 07:54:23 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on August 02, 2012, 07:39:29 PM

I was being sarcastic me oul mucker.............. He was have been lifted by the cops for that challenge now!!

BrĂ³n orm ;) It was a Francie tackle.

(Puts helmet on and retreats into the depths of South Down before BC 1 and his mates attack :))
The Aristocrat Years

thewobbler

Just watching that Kerry Dublin game tonight, and one thing is clear: Kerry didn't have to beat a lot to win an AI those days. Dublin were shocking, almost to a man.

Spillane was about 10 years ahead of the rest in how he played football.

Rossfan

That '84 game must have been the worst All Ireland Final of the last 50 years
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

5 Sams

Best part of was Mick Holden telling Barney Rock to get up of his hole and stop playacting!!
The Aristocrat Years

thewobbler

Agreed 5 Sams.

Rock ran away wearing that 'please stop picking on me' face, as seen over the years on so many fellas getting chewed out by the club psycho.