All Ireland Minor Football Championship 2012

Started by Rossfan, July 19, 2012, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Unreal win for Mayo well done to them. Connacht underage football continues to impress.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

moysider

Quote from: maigheo on August 04, 2012, 04:09:46 PM
Tipp 1.08 Mayo 0.17  1min to go   unbelievable performance from Mayo

Unbelievable is right ;D ;D ;D

Good job I didn t say what I really thought ;D

From the Bunker

Quote from: moysider on August 04, 2012, 04:22:48 PM
Quote from: maigheo on August 04, 2012, 04:09:46 PM
Tipp 1.08 Mayo 0.17  1min to go   unbelievable performance from Mayo

Unbelievable is right ;D ;D ;D

Good job I didn t say what I really thought ;D

Not as bad as we thought, Well done to the minors!

Rossfan

That result will throw the cat among the pigeons alright.
Mind you if ye had been able to shoot straight in the Connacht Final we might not be enjoying our double under age success.
Anyway let's hope we do the business tomorrow .
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

maigheo

just wondering what will the match ups for the all ireland semifinals be should kerry prevail tomorrow.Excellent win for Mayo today and good luck to the Rossies tomorrow.

Cosmo Kramer

I guess we become the Munster champions now for the purposes of the semi-final pairings, which would put us against the winners of Tyrone v Meath. As we lost the Connacht Final we're probably looking at the minors playing their semi on the day of the semi-final that the seniors aren't playing in unfortunately.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

nephinman

Hope Ross do the business tomorrow. 2 Connaught teams in the minor semi's would not be a bad return. 8)

ross4life

Quote from: maigheo on August 04, 2012, 11:26:43 PM
just wondering what will the match ups for the all ireland semifinals be should kerry prevail tomorrow.Excellent win for Mayo today and good luck to the Rossies tomorrow.

Minor semi finals were set with the senior ones, Connacht v Leinster,Munster v Ulster so Mayo will have too pay double the price.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

maigheo

ros 0.03 kerry 0.03 .17 min gone. Ros dominant and have missed a peno and a few other goal chances

Onlooker

The marvellous adventure that was the Tipperary Minor Footballers came to an end in Croke Park yesterday.  In the last 2 years Tipperary enjoyed an unbelievable run by winning an All Ireland title and 2 back to back Munster titles.  These young lads won 9 Championship matches in a row, beating Kerry 3 times and Cork twice.  Never has one of the 4 weaker Munster counties have had anything like that success over the big 2.  They also gave us Tipp followers that never to be forgotten All Ireland Final win over Dublin last September.  In each of the 3 wins over Kerry, Tipp were behind at half time (by 10 points, 2 points and 5 points).  They were also 5 points behind Dublin in the All Ireland Final.  Yesterday, Mayo led by 9 points to 1 after 20 minutes.  At half time the lead was down to 4 points - 10 points to 1-3.  The stage appeared to be set for another trade mark second half comeback.  Alas, it was not to be.  Yesterday was Mayo's day and the nearest Tipp got to them was 3 points (0-13 to 1-7).  In the last 10 minutes Mayo pulled away for a well deserved win.  Mayo were excellent and no one will issue a word of criticism to any Tipp player.  What they achieved was exceptional.  They looked flat yesterday and indeed not many teams have won 9 Championship matches in a row.  Tipp were 2/7 favourites yesterday, but I for one, expected a very close game that I thought Tipp would win.    Maybe Tipp people were distracted by thoughts of a semi final with Tyrone or an All Ireland repeat with Dublin or even playing Kerry for the 3rd time in the Championship, but take nothing from Mayo.  We were told that none of their forwards had scored from play in the Connacht final.  Yesterday the scored 10 points in the first half without shooting a single wide.  Best of luck to them as they have to be serious All Ireland contenders, but they have 2 big hurdles in front of them.  I will watch with interest. :( :(

ross4life

Kerry goal with the final kick of the half gives them 3pt lead, we are kicking it away penalty missed two other goal chances and double the amount of wides
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

maigheo

good post Onlooker and I suspect Tipp may have been somewhat complacent as they hammered Mayo in a challenge earlier in the year.Still a great run by Tipp and I hope a lot of those footballers graduate to the senior team and are able to challenge Cork and Kerry in the years to come

maigheo

Chimley

Quote from: maigheo on August 05, 2012, 12:47:10 PM
good post Onlooker and I suspect Tipp may have been somewhat complacent as they hammered Mayo in a challenge earlier in the year.Still a great run by Tipp and I hope a lot of those footballers graduate to the senior team and are able to challenge Cork and Kerry in the years to come

If that was the case, it was very poor preparation so I am not sure they would have been caught out so badly. Mayo don't do very poor minor teams (although plenty were writing this crop off). We have been in two finals and a semi in the past 4 years so we have the pedigree at this level.

maigheo