Albanian Support for GAA Game

Started by In the Onion Bag, July 19, 2012, 11:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the Onion Bag

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=173772
Picked this up fromthe other board.
Good to see the game's popularlty spreading to suprising countries that probably have few if any Irish residents.

armaghniac

The poor divils will probably get a brick through their window.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Lecale2

Their support is very welcome but they still have a lot to learn about attending GAA matches. The organiser told them they couldn't drink or smoke on the bus. They asked him "Which weapons should we bring?"

thejuice

That's great. Nice to see how inclusive our games are to our new arrivals, compared say, to some other cultural celebrations that were recently going on.

Meath county board need to send some tickets over to Rio de Janeiro. Get some of those Brazilian ladies over to Navan to warm those winter nights during the league.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

johnneycool

Quote from: Lecale2 on July 19, 2012, 01:40:59 PM
Their support is very welcome but they still have a lot to learn about attending GAA matches. The organiser told them they couldn't drink or smoke on the bus. They asked him "Which weapons should we bring?"

A thermos flask and sandwiches wrapped in tinfoil are the only weapons they'll need.

Aristo 60

I knew there was a fair few non locals standing about me on hill 16 in '91 but I just thought they were from Bangor or Kircubbin or somewhere. Didn't think for a minute they were Albanians.