Cill Dara v Luimneach

Started by Donnellys Hollow, July 16, 2012, 08:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Portlaoise it is. It's plain daft that these health and safety rules only apply to the championship and you could fit three times the limited capacity for an O'Byrne Cup or league game. I can't recall many problems at the Antrim match two years ago or the Donegal match in 2001 when the ground was packed.

It's disappointing from a spectator's point of view but the Kildare players will probably welcome it. The tight pitch in Conleth's can sometimes work against us. Portlaoise very much a happy hunting ground in recent years.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: The Burner on July 16, 2012, 05:50:41 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 16, 2012, 04:18:25 PM
Quote from: The Burner on July 16, 2012, 03:49:58 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 16, 2012, 03:12:02 PM
Quote from: The Burner on July 16, 2012, 02:27:47 PM
The pundits and experts will write us off again, Honestly the sheer ignorance the so called "experts" shown towards Limerick and Munster football in general is a disgrace. Dublin aside Limerick are as good as anything in Leinster over the last few years. Full strength Id fancy us to take Kildare/Cavan but missing 4  possibly 5 starters its going to be difficult to get the better of Kildare/Cavan. John Galvin is a massive loss. Hopefully a strong referee this time unlike the last time where Andrew Mcloughlin fouled and dragged Ian Ryan all day and somehow managed to stay on the pitch. a strong home support and a greater depth to their squad will see Kildare/Cavan through though.

Change the tune one year on and your still playing it.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=19876.msg994265#msg994265

Perhaps its the media who need to change their tune. Whatever the result next week Ill walk away with my head held high about the way we conducted ourselves during this championship. Something I can safely say you cant.

Ah yes Limerick GAA, that great bastiton of GAA values as Justin McCarthy would testify.

I tell you what, you worry about Limerick GAA matters and we'll worry about Kildare.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the Justin McCarthy saga I followed that team the same way i follow any Limerick team. Im looking forward to the game. I like to make myself heard because Limerick Football fans are generally out numbered. The footballers are a credit to the county. In terms of playing numbers and popularity Gaelic football is probably 4th in Limerick so too compete the way they do is a credit to them. Kildare are a laughing stock, the Club championship is being treated with utter contempt and the Seanie Johnston saga speaks for itself.

So you admit that there was wrongs in the way Justin McCarthy was treated, glad you cleared that up so maybe you should put your energies towards supporting the imperfect Limerick and not the immature jibes at the imperfect Kildare.

#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 16, 2012, 06:45:14 PM
Portlaoise it is. It's plain daft that these health and safety rules only apply to the championship and you could fit three times the limited capacity for an O'Byrne Cup or league game. I can't recall many problems at the Antrim match two years ago or the Donegal match in 2001 when the ground was packed.

It's disappointing from a spectator's point of view but the Kildare players will probably welcome it. The tight pitch in Conleth's can sometimes work against us. Portlaoise very much a happy hunting ground in recent years.

I know DH but Newbridge is shithole (even though it's out shithole) and our debt must also be considered, there was 16K at the Biffo game and almost 15k at the Cavan game so we should probably expect a similar attendance especially with the game not on the box.  Newbridge wouldn't be able to cater for that and they can't afford to lose out on the additional revenue.

We're a very good record there with championship wins over Offaly  x 2, Wicklow and Laois in our last four visits.
#newbridgeornowhere

DuffleKing

Home teams don't get the revenue. It all goes to croke park

Dinny Breen

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 16, 2012, 07:05:25 PM

Home teams don't get the revenue. It all goes to croke park

Yea but we're in debt to CP, so they would have insisted, pays the tune, call the piper et al
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

It's a pity for the town of Newbridge itself and you'd have to wonder whether there'll be any championship matches held there again. I can't see them being able to do anything with Conleth's for the foreseeable future. It probably isn't be possible to do much of an upgrade of the old ground anyway given the space constraints.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 16, 2012, 06:58:41 PM
We're a very good record there with championship wins over Offaly  x 2, Wicklow and Laois in our last four visits.

I can't recall a championship defeat there. We beat Offaly there this year, Wicklow and Laois last year, Offaly and Wicklow in 2009, and I think our last championship match there before that was the Leinster semi final against Offaly in 1993 which was probably the best Kildare performance during Micko's first stint in charge.

I think Limerick's win over Wexford last year was also in Portlaoise so there certainly won't be any excuses over the venue.

The Burner

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 16, 2012, 06:49:37 PM
Quote from: The Burner on July 16, 2012, 05:50:41 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 16, 2012, 04:18:25 PM
Quote from: The Burner on July 16, 2012, 03:49:58 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 16, 2012, 03:12:02 PM
Quote from: The Burner on July 16, 2012, 02:27:47 PM
The pundits and experts will write us off again, Honestly the sheer ignorance the so called "experts" shown towards Limerick and Munster football in general is a disgrace. Dublin aside Limerick are as good as anything in Leinster over the last few years. Full strength Id fancy us to take Kildare/Cavan but missing 4  possibly 5 starters its going to be difficult to get the better of Kildare/Cavan. John Galvin is a massive loss. Hopefully a strong referee this time unlike the last time where Andrew Mcloughlin fouled and dragged Ian Ryan all day and somehow managed to stay on the pitch. a strong home support and a greater depth to their squad will see Kildare/Cavan through though.

Change the tune one year on and your still playing it.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=19876.msg994265#msg994265

Perhaps its the media who need to change their tune. Whatever the result next week Ill walk away with my head held high about the way we conducted ourselves during this championship. Something I can safely say you cant.

Ah yes Limerick GAA, that great bastiton of GAA values as Justin McCarthy would testify.

I tell you what, you worry about Limerick GAA matters and we'll worry about Kildare.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the Justin McCarthy saga I followed that team the same way i follow any Limerick team. Im looking forward to the game. I like to make myself heard because Limerick Football fans are generally out numbered. The footballers are a credit to the county. In terms of playing numbers and popularity Gaelic football is probably 4th in Limerick so too compete the way they do is a credit to them. Kildare are a laughing stock, the Club championship is being treated with utter contempt and the Seanie Johnston saga speaks for itself.

So you admit that there was wrongs in the way Justin McCarthy was treated, glad you cleared that up so maybe you should put your energies towards supporting the imperfect Limerick and not the immature jibes at the imperfect Kildare.

Not necessarily with the way Justin was treated, but there were wrongs on both sides. I fail to see where the rights are in this whole Johnston sceanario. Ive had my fun anyway. I threw out the bait and you bit it!

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 16, 2012, 08:18:11 PM

I can't recall a championship defeat there. We beat Offaly there this year, Wicklow and Laois last year, Offaly and Wicklow in 2009, and I think our last championship match there before that was the Leinster semi final against Offaly in 1993 which was probably the best Kildare performance during Micko's first stint in charge.

I think Limerick's win over Wexford last year was also in Portlaoise so there certainly won't be any excuses over the venue.

The Roscommon defeat there in 2003 is the only one I can recall in recent years. Great game.

Bord na Mona man

Could Kildare not hold this game in either Punchestown or the Curragh racecourses and keep home advantage?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on July 17, 2012, 11:31:58 AM

The Roscommon defeat there in 2003 is the only one I can recall in recent years. Great game.

Must have wiped that one from my memory! So much for undefeated in O'Moore Park.

We'll count that one as a draw so before extra time!

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on July 17, 2012, 11:42:23 AM
Could Kildare not hold this game in either Punchestown or the Curragh racecourses and keep home advantage?

There's racing on at the Curragh on Saturday so we'd have to have a double header.

mup

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on July 17, 2012, 11:31:58 AM

Frankie 'F%*%ing' Dolan.  :P

Dinny Breen

Another one of our epic games that we lost...

Barry Cassidy is to ref this, what's he like, should I be familiar with him?
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Didn't Lacey balloon a ball into the terrace in injury time that day when we were a point ahead. Reminded me of Davy Dalton doing the exact same thing into the Hogan Stand after Christy saved a Giles penalty in 1997 and Rainbow free outside him.

cill_dara

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 17, 2012, 04:31:02 PM
Didn't Lacey balloon a ball into the terrace in injury time that day when we were a point ahead. Reminded me of Davy Dalton doing the exact same thing into the Hogan Stand after Christy saved a Giles penalty in 1997 and Rainbow free outside him.

He went for a point and it dropped short and Roscommon attacked from there and equalised, if he kicked it dead we had it! Those are the breaks! It was a cracking game all the same.