Kerry v Tyrone

Started by Ball Hopper, July 16, 2012, 08:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: rrhf on July 17, 2012, 11:44:41 PM
if we take kerry it will be a last 20 minute win, and to do with fitness and pace that we can bring on.

Fitness and pace ? I heard you were going to park the bus in front of the goal but decided to use Mugsy instead.

It'll be hot so watch out for pies being thrown along with the water bottles  ;D

rrhf

Whishtup

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 18, 2012, 07:07:35 AM
Quote from: rrhf on July 17, 2012, 11:44:41 PM
if we take kerry it will be a last 20 minute win, and to do with fitness and pace that we can bring on.

Fitness and pace ? I heard you were going to park the bus in front of the goal but decided to use Mugsy instead.

It'll be hot so watch out for pies being thrown along with the water bottles  ;D

I'd say ye got some thrill looking for that photo.

blewuporstuffed

right, accomodation booked, gonna m,ake a weekend of it.really looking forward to this game now. great buzz about it already.

i think there could be a surprise or two in the tyrone team. not sure what, but i think theye may be a few changes from the alst day out.
i think gormley will mark gooch & clarke on donaghy
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Fuzzman

TV3 is only available on the sky Ireland subscription so not on the one up North
Its on the new Saorview if you can get that but don't think that's turned on yet for up North

I checked the TV3 website and looks like it will be on live on their 3 player so that could be an option for ye lads who can't get it on TV. Presume TV3.ie isn't blocked in the North is it?

Championship Live: Kerry v Tyrone (Saturday 4.30 pm on TV3 & 3Player)
Join Matt Cooper and guests Peter Canavan and Darragh Ó Sé for exclusive live coverage of the eagerly anticipated Round 3 Football Qualifier as Kerry face Tyrone in Killarney.

Fuzzman

From what I've been told from my club Stevie had a calf strain but don't think its too serious so I'll say he'll play some part on Saturday. On the radio last Sat they said he was getting loads of instructions from Mickey and looked like he was about to be introduced but then we got the goal and he must have been allowed to rest.

It's certainly nice to have a few decent forwards with pace and craft to come on like McCurry and Snout.

I thought for once I'd try to see things from the dark side so a good place to start was to look at Kerry's matches last year.
When you look at the huge scores they put up last year you can't help but be impressed.
Even against a very mean well organised Dublin in the final they scored 1.11 & should have won as they took their foot of the gas in the last 10 mins.

2011 Munster Championship
Kerry   2-16 - 0-11   Tipperary
Kerry   1-26 - 3-9    Limerick
Kerry   1-15 - 1-12   Cork

1/4 Final
Kerry   1-20 - 0-10   Limerick

Semi Final
Mayo   1-11 - 1-20   Kerry

Final
Kerry   1-11 - 1-12   Dublin

This year
Tipperary      0-10 Kerry  0-16
Cork             0-17 Kerry  0-12
Westmeath  1-12 Kerry 2-10

From last year who has retired for them?
Looks to me like they're still putting up big scores but also conceding quite a few.
Are they likely to play a spare man in defence or not?

If I was a Kerry man (and I'm definitely NOT) I would be thinking
We've got Gooch, Star, Galvin, Darren & Declan O'Sullivan. Possibly 5 of the best forwards in the country. How many of them are past players of the year?
The Gooch and Star have to finally come good v ye durty norn brits if ye leave their eyes alone.
Sheahan is playing well now at MF and will punish any of yer durty nordie tactics from within 50 yards.

We still have Marco & Tommo Sé playing well and Pierce Brosnan is back to his best scoring for fun from deep
                                         ::) ::)

Remember now folks I'm wearing these

On a packed Fitzgerald stadium on a bright sunny Sat evening in July the red handbags army will be sent up the road packing with a lesson on how to play football the correct and pure way, which they abandoned back in 2003 to some form of bastardised Armagh style of rugby league.
Ciarrai by 7 points with Tyrone having 3 men CORRECTLY sent off. One of them being this wee Canadian import.

Ignore this link, especially the 1st paragraph
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/kerrys-chance-to-bury-demons-1478302.html

Will it be the Nolan show you'll be calling on Monday morning and NOT Joe Duffy?

optimus cheese

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 18, 2012, 10:00:02 AM
TV3 is only available on the sky Ireland subscription so not on the one up North
Its on the new Saorview if you can get that but don't think that's turned on yet for up North

I checked the TV3 website and looks like it will be on live on their 3 player so that could be an option for ye lads who can't get it on TV. Presume TV3.ie isn't blocked in the North is it?

Championship Live: Kerry v Tyrone (Saturday 4.30 pm on TV3 & 3Player)
Join Matt Cooper and guests Peter Canavan and Darragh Ó Sé for exclusive live coverage of the eagerly anticipated Round 3 Football Qualifier as Kerry face Tyrone in Killarney.

Haven't checked this year in fairness but last year was blocked out. Used to have an RTE aerial that picked up TV3 but was away and some eejit unplugged it, no idea how to get it back on so have been forced to go to the pub for TV3 games

sizzler

I can get TV3 on digital TV? Its a perfect picture.

Fuzzman

If its blocked you could always use an Irish proxy server
Have a read at this
http://www.munsterfans.com/threads/28819-RTE-TG4-TV3-streams-using-a-proxy-server

Where are you based Sizzler? Is that on the UK freeview or on Irish Saorview?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: sizzler on July 18, 2012, 10:36:59 AM
I can get TV3 on digital TV? Its a perfect picture.
yeah so can i .on uk freeview, but have a freeview HD tv so it picks up the rte freeview stations also
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

sizzler

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 18, 2012, 10:55:41 AM
If its blocked you could always use an Irish proxy server
Have a read at this
http://www.munsterfans.com/threads/28819-RTE-TG4-TV3-streams-using-a-proxy-server

Where are you based Sizzler? Is that on the UK freeview or on Irish Saorview?

East Tyrone  ;)

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

EC Unique

omagh_gael

A really good read, very interesting to hear about our tactical breakdown from someone who has faced it on the big occasions. Makes it all the more interesting to see what Mickey comes up with on Saturday. Would love to be a fly on the wall at training this week!