Started by eriugaMS, July 14, 2012, 10:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eriugaMS

Armagh lose to Tyrone   --- fair enough

But asides

Galway beat Roscommon by something like 14 pts

Armagh play Roscommon and lose

Antrim play Galway and win

Armagh county board thank POR for services to football in our county (is this a JOKE)

FFS is there any pride in the jersey.. The whole picture is a scandal.

Seriously disheartened tonight after seeing what Antrim can do to a team that knocked out our conquerers so easily

Where did it all go wrong George?

eriugaMS

0h and Leitrim beat a team that it took us a replay and extra time to beat last year.

Paddy, thanks indeed for your services to Armagh football.

Syferus

Can we have a Roscommon-Armagh best-of-seven challenge series to fill in the rest of the summer? You lads are 'the mad craic'.

under the bar

It's not all doom and gloom.. your hurling team's on the way up....

DuffleKing

When did Armagh draw with Tyrone?

under the bar

QuoteWhen did Armagh draw with Tyrone?

2005?

Onion Bag

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 14, 2012, 11:17:15 PM
When did Armagh draw with Tyrone?

Was wondering that myself!
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Captain Obvious

Armagh 2012? the only way is up from here.

Syferus

I have an inkling ye'll go undefeated the rest of the year.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: under the bar on July 14, 2012, 10:20:14 PM

Not true according to some.

The thread starter's point taken and is correct. Today's results merely confirm what we really all knew - Roscommon are a very limited outfit and our capitulation against them was our most shameful result for a generation.

We can probably discuss the issues on the "new manager" thread but the positive to take is that we are in a similar position to Donegal in July 2010. I disagree with your scathing comments regarding the county board thanking Paddy O'Rourke. I was as ardent a critic as there was of the Burren man but while he should never have appointed, nor allowed to serve for 3 years, his efforts were fullsome and honest and I think its reasonable to express gratitude for them.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Sportacus

Never seen as many armagh jerseys not being worn round the place. The noughties bandwagon has 4 flat tyres.

yellowcard

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 14, 2012, 11:34:45 PM
Quote from: under the bar on July 14, 2012, 10:20:14 PM

Not true according to some.

The thread starter's point taken and is correct. Today's results merely confirm what we really all knew - Roscommon are a very limited outfit and our capitulation against them was our most shameful result for a generation.

We can probably discuss the issues on the "new manager" thread but the positive to take is that we are in a similar position to Donegal in July 2010. I disagree with your scathing comments regarding the county board thanking Paddy O'Rourke. I was as ardent a critic as there was of the Burren man but while he should never have appointed, nor allowed to serve for 3 years, his efforts were fullsome and honest and I think its reasonable to express gratitude for them.

My efforts would have been 'honest and fullsome' but there is no way i would be capable of doing the job. I think history will judge POR's reign poorly. Some of our c'ship displays in the last 3 years were akin to those of the bad old days. Specifically hammerings by Monaghan in 2009 and Derry last year, struggling past Wicklow in a replay and tamely exiting to Roscommon this year.

He has inadvertently helped the next manager though by lowering expectations so much that a couple of wins in next years c'ship will be deemed to be progress.

Jonah

Can this not go in the Armagh thread on the local board?
Fecking Nordie shite taking up all the pages on the board.

Syferus

Quote from: Jonah on July 14, 2012, 11:59:26 PM
Can this not go in the Armagh thread on the local board?
Fecking Nordie shite taking up all the pages on the board.

Those Nordies, always marching into places they shouldn't.  :-X

Jonah

Here you go, now you can all whine and winge away and no one else has to read the shite ye spout.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=21907.0