conor mortimer

Started by NaomhBridAbĂș, July 11, 2012, 07:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Horan doesn't want him. That much seems clear.

He's playing for Parnells.

Would that preclude a move to St. Kevin's in Kildare ?.

St. Kevin's fortunes are looking up.

Jinxy

Has the whole world gone mad?
Or is it just Mayo?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

TyrionLannister

Quote from: maigheo on July 13, 2012, 12:07:00 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on July 13, 2012, 10:50:02 AM
he must feel very strongly for the Family to come out with a statement like that .
Mayo football was obviously a huge part of his life and its hit him very hard being squeezed out of for what look like reasons other than his own ability . IE different style of play, Horan looking for bulkier players etc
i don't think there is a conspiracy but i think dropping  ronaldson is a huge Mistake as well. it means we have dropped our 2 most skillful players . does not bode well for attractive football.
Maybe a recall for Ronaldson would help lift suspicion
jeez rosnarun could you give it a rest.Are you a spokesman for the Mortimer family?Conor Mort left the panel of his own free will and to say the dropping of Ronaldson is a huge mistake is total rubbish.A managers job is to manage and a players job is to play-end of story

Not only do you know nothing about county football Ros, you know nothing about club football either.

The statement about Shrue players... what a joke.
Shrule are at the bottom of their champiohsnip table beaten by Garymore a weakened Knockmore side.

Horan brought back Geraghty last year, and if he proved anything it was that he is not good enough any more.
Conroy never had it and Senior inter county level.
Ronaldson is simply too small. He is barely a 2 inches over 5ft.
Horan coaxed back Trevor and he had one of his best ever seasons.

The statement is pathetic  really, and highly, highly embarrassing.

Sam2011

Rosnarun, are you actually serious, bringing Ronaldson back just so it looks as if Horan doesn't have a disliking towards Shrule.
Now how exactly would this benefit: 1)The team, 2)Ronaldson? Horan would only be proving the Mortimer family wrong when he doesn't need to because we all know that Shrule are not the team they once were. Also whats the point of bringing a lad into the squad if all hes going to do is make Horan's image look a bit better and not play football?

Conor tweeted this earlier today
''Mayo football is bigger than any player always has and always will be so can people just concentrate on getting behind the team for the game on Sunday .I have even as a player always been a huge supporter and will be again this weekend . #mayogaa ''

Load of crap if you ask me.

Mac2

Petulant effort by the Mort, reminds me of Adrian Sweeney I think it was refusing to get on the bus for Donegal cos he wasn't in the first fifteen, fair play to McGuiness he put an end to all that nonsense. When all this dies down he's going to regret it, chances are if things weren't going well on Sunday he'd be thrown in, Horan like any other manager would soon forget any personal differences if the game was going away from him. It wasn't like he was dropped off the panel and it's 20 man game now, he'd have gotten his chance.

western exile

Quote from: Sam2011 on July 13, 2012, 12:59:39 PM

Conor tweeted this earlier today
''Mayo football is bigger than any player always has and always will be so can people just concentrate on getting behind the team for the game on Sunday .I have even as a player always been a huge supporter and will be again this weekend . #mayogaa ''

It is possible that he actually believes this.  And he is just stupid in his actions and the timing of them. 

TyrionLannister

Quote from: Mac2 on July 13, 2012, 01:42:20 PM
Petulant effort by the Mort, reminds me of Adrian Sweeney I think it was refusing to get on the bus for Donegal cos he wasn't in the first fifteen, fair play to McGuiness he put an end to all that nonsense. When all this dies down he's going to regret it, chances are if things weren't going well on Sunday he'd be thrown in, Horan like any other manager would soon forget any personal differences if the game was going away from him. It wasn't like he was dropped off the panel and it's 20 man game now, he'd have gotten his chance.

I dont buy into this personal differences craic, it sounds like Mort just wanted to be mollycoddled.

So, Horan didnt ring him when he was out for a year with his knee - so what?
He had just taken the job and had bigger fish to fry than worry about players that wouldn't even be involved last year.
He had a look at Mort when he was good and ready and brought him in.

Also Mort would have definitely have started the next game if he showed constancy of current form but he wasnt happy with that and instead of being patient he chose to be self centred.

sheamy

'I just told my parents and sisters about the abuse I get on twitter and they will be releasing a statement on the matter today at 2pm' Colm Parkinson

;D ;D

Bingo

Quote from: sheamy on July 13, 2012, 02:39:42 PM
'I just told my parents and sisters about the abuse I get on twitter and they will be releasing a statement on the matter today at 2pm' Colm Parkinson

;D ;D

Parkinson having a right go at him over this statement from the family. Seems to be some "issue" between them. Diva's of the GAA world at war.

TyrionLannister

Quote from: Bingo on July 13, 2012, 03:20:48 PM
Quote from: sheamy on July 13, 2012, 02:39:42 PM

;D ;D

Parkinson having a right go at him over this statement from the family. Seems to be some "issue" between them. Diva's of the GAA world at war.

He also said he is blocked by the Mort on twitter. Must be some history there.

Lar Naparka

If any of you out there has a video of the recent league final, would you  please send a copy of it to the Mortimer family ASAP?
A look at it and especially at Conoreen's display might make them think carefully before they issue any more press statements.
Long before the end of that game, Cork had taken control and their defenders had the Mayo forwards well and truly shackled. Mortimer, our longest-serving player, a former All-Star and with the experience of playing in two AIs behind him was as clueless as any of the others. 
He managed a consolation point from a free coming up to the end and that was that.
Before that he had a string of attempts to score points from play of the headless chicken variety. Sure, he was trying hard all through and hustled and harried like never before but it was obvious from early on that he would pose no danger to the Cork defence; to himself maybe or to any of his colleagues that he banged into as he ran around the place but no Cork defender was going to feel threatened by him.
After one particularly abject attempt to stab over a point, I found myself thinking that if I were his father,  he'd get my size 12 up the arse as soon as I got my hands on him.
To be fair, he was no worse than most of the other Mayo forwards on view that day but he was definitely no better than any of the other contenders for a CF position.
I think James H has a good idea by now of his first choice for every position, bar nos. 13 and 15.
There's no obvious front runner here; it's  a case of much of a muchness as you look through the list.
But all others have time on their side whereas Conoreen needed to be picked on current form if he got a starting place. Right now, he had no more to offer than Varley, Freeman, Doherty et al and no prospect of better things to come.
Maybe a fresh look at the league final would bring this point home to his family.
The great danger is that the present squabble will play into the hands of the magpies who are cocky enough as it is.
It will be some parting shot from the little hoor if he manages to gift our title to that shower! ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Crete Boom

Quote from: Hardy on July 12, 2012, 10:45:39 AM
I'm no fan of the wee lad, but I think there's a lot of OTT stuff here. We keep telling each other it's an amateur game, nobody is forced to participate, etc. That being the case, the lad doesn't owe anything to anybody and is perfectly entitled to decide he's not going to commit his time if he's not getting the enjoyment (which is what it's all about, right?) in return.

Wild and whirling words about throwing the toys out of the pram, singing from the "roughtops" (sic), etc. are unwarranted. As far as I know, he's said nothing at all to the press. He's just told the manager he's not available any more. His business; nobody else's.

[Edit] I see there are suggestions he informed the press of his intentions in advance. Be that as it may, the substantive point stands.

We'll that's it . The Meath that Mayo people loved and hated at the same time is well and truly dead. R.I.P. to our last link to the Neanderthals and proof of Darwin's evolution theory. This is the true price of the Celtic tiger and all those Dubs moving out to Ashbourne and Navan etc....... :'(

Hardy

Crete Boom

Quote from: Hardy on July 13, 2012, 03:59:59 PM
Read on.

I did but the retraction still doesn't mask the obivious terminal symptoms first spotted by Proferssor McHugh on league Sunday a while back