Hoganstand.com

Started by onefaircounty, July 11, 2012, 08:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onefaircounty

Can someone please explain this for me?

Do they have agreements with newspapers or the GAA, or do they just take stories from papers an put them up? Surely the latter wouldn't be allowed by papers, so I was wondering what the benefit is to them (the papers)?

Cosmo Kramer

As far as I know they just copy the stories, change them slightly (i.e. not word for word) and then put them up. Have seen a few journos moaning on twitter about having their stuff taken and used. Nothing that can be done about it it seems.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

PAULD123

I can do better than that. last year I made a pre-match analysis of Down vs Cork on HoganStand. Darragh O'Se copied my entire post and put it in the Irish Examiner as his own column, with no reference to source at all. I was flattered but a bit insulted too. Nice to have your thoughts high enough regarded to be placed in the national press but I was a bit put put to have them stolen and passed off as someone else's own work.

southdown

We should start all sorts of rumours on here about injuries etc (completely made up!) and see what journos use them in the media, only to look very fololish!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on July 11, 2012, 09:05:18 AM
As far as I know they just copy the stories, change them slightly (i.e. not word for word) and then put them up. Have seen a few journos moaning on twitter about having their stuff taken and used. Nothing that can be done about it it seems.

That seems to be the case alright.
Some of the national papers have complained about thejournal.ie.
They have complained that the journal just lifts its articles from their websites and publish them as is.
They don't have any reporters of their own.
There were threats to bring it to court and to seek an injunction barring them from doing this in future but nothing has come of it.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ONeill

Strong rumours that Plunkett Donaghy has been seen running up and down Benburb Road at 6am every morning this week. Talk of a starting slot v Roscommon.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

Quote from: PAULD123 on July 11, 2012, 09:53:01 AM
I can do better than that. last year I made a pre-match analysis of Down vs Cork on HoganStand. Darragh O'Se copied my entire post and put it in the Irish Examiner as his own column, with no reference to source at all. I was flattered but a bit insulted too. Nice to have your thoughts high enough regarded to be placed in the national press but I was a bit put put to have them stolen and passed off as someone else's own work.

That would have been Darragh's ghost writer, though.  If he's watching - hello, horse. Geraghty starts against Dublin. (You didn't hear it here, OK?)

southdown

James Mc Cartan acting as player/manager for Ulster Final.  One of the lads on the panel told me last night after training.  He is being used as an extra man accross the full back line.

grounded

Shock u turn by Paddy O rourke who has just been re-appointed as Armagh Manager.

eddie d

brendan rodgers has given Andy Carroll permission to talk to kildare over a proposed transfer

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: eddie d on July 11, 2012, 04:12:55 PM
brendan rodgers has given Andy Carroll permission to talk to kildare over a proposed transfer

In part-exchange for Dale Hynan
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

mayo.mick

Ciaran Mc Donald was back training with the mayo team at the weekend.
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

mylestheslasher

Cavan have used the powers of the occult to raise John Joe O Reilly from the dead for Sundays game against Kildare, he will be the only player on the pitch with an All Ireland medal.

Bernard Morris has also been drafted into the panel to "take care" of Seanie Johnston.

Hardy

Seanie Johnston spotted in <insert village or suggestion of your choice>, carrying <insert item>, asking directions to <insert place>.

My entry:
The horrors
Semi-automatic hurley
Mylestheslasher's house

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: ONeill on July 11, 2012, 10:39:13 AM
Strong rumours that Plunkett Donaghy has been seen running up and down Benburb Road at 6am every morning this week. Talk of a starting slot v Roscommon.

he managed to make it past pb's??
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye