Munster Football Final

Started by emmetryan, July 06, 2012, 07:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emmetryan

I know most folk aren't talking about it but for those that are I've put together a tactics piece http://action81.com/blog/?p=5947
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Blowitupref

I don't think I've seen odds like this for provincial final before. Cork 1/100 Clare 22/1, €35 for stand tickets on Sunday most Clare fans will probably go to the hurling game on Saturday instead.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

orangeman

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 06, 2012, 08:04:53 PM
I don't think I've seen odds like this for provincial final before. Cork 1/100 Clare 22/1, €35 for stand tickets on Sunday most Clare fans will probably go to the hurling game on Saturday instead.

The odds are almost unbelievable.

The €35 is madness.

Hats off to Ulster Council who have reduced ticket prices to Ulster final.

Tickets from €15 to €27 for the best seat.

Rossfan

Quote from: orangeman on July 06, 2012, 08:52:56 PM

The €35 is madness.

Absolutely bonkers .
Will they get 5,000 at this ?
It's considered  a foregone conclusion , Cork fans don't travel very far very often unless they play Kerry, Clare football has a small base , both Counties have hurling games on the Saturday so that means no soft support for the football, Not a lot of neutral interest in Limerick City and then
effin €35 !!!
THe quicker they abolish Provincial eejits Councils the better !!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

emmetryan

Didn't know the Ulster final was that cheap, fair play to them.
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on July 06, 2012, 11:13:30 PM

The €35 is madness.

Absolutely bonkers .
It's considered  a foregone conclusion , Cork fans don't travel very far very often unless they play Kerry, Clare football has a small base , both Counties have hurling games on the Saturday so that means no soft support for the football, Not a lot of neutral interest in Limerick City and then
effin €35 !!!
Are the tickets for the Connacht final going to cost €30 or €35? I've heard both prices being mentioned.
Jaysus, it'll cost a packet for anyone going along with couple of kids in tow or the missus or mistress either. I can't see a full house in either Munster or Connacht at the going prices.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

€25 for terrace and sideline seating and €30 for reserved stand seating for Connacht, hardly exoperant money for two provincial finals. €35 crosses  the threshold, though, especially in a province so perennially uncompetitive and under-supported.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 07, 2012, 05:38:32 PM

The €35 is madness.

Absolutely bonkers .
effin €35 !!!
Are the tickets for the Connacht final going to cost €30 or €35? I've heard both prices being mentioned.
Jaysus, it'll cost a packet for anyone going along with couple of kids in tow or the missus or mistress either. I can't see a full house in either Munster or Connacht at the going prices.

GAA have the qualifier prices about right why over price provincial finals? between fuel,food,tickets prices no chance will the Munster or Connacht finals be full houses. Maybe the GAA want more TV viewers.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 07, 2012, 06:03:09 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 07, 2012, 05:38:32 PM

The €35 is madness.

Absolutely bonkers .
effin €35 !!!

GAA have the qualifier prices about right why over price provincial finals? between fuel,food,tickets prices no chance will the Munster or Connacht finals be full houses. Maybe the GAA want more TV viewers.

The Connacht finals will be near enough full capacity; stand tickets are already becoming a bit of a rarity around here.

Blowitupref

HT Cork 3-7 Clare 0-7 small crowd for provincial final i guess expected with those ticket prices.

Rossfan

And the anticipated outcome . Only thing to be decided - will it be a hammering or a massacre.?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ardchieftain

Clare going man to man is madness, especially with someone like Kerrigan against you. If ever an extra man back was called for this game was it. Clare giving it their all but those goals are killing them, even though the 3rd goal was  a square ball.

Cork are some team all the same, they'll be hard  to stop this year.

Captain Obvious

From the Bunker

Quote from: ardchieftain on July 08, 2012, 02:49:58 PM
Clare going man to man is madness, especially with someone like Kerrigan against you. If ever an extra man back was called for this game was it. Clare giving it their all but those goals are killing them, even though the 3rd goal was  a square ball.

Cork are some team all the same, they'll be hard  to stop this year.

Third goal was over the line, before Murphy contact.

haze

The Clare lads had some craic running into Cadogan every time he laid the ball off. Bookies on the ball again with a 12 point handicap