Liam O'Neill

Started by Keane, July 05, 2012, 11:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Quote from: grounded on July 05, 2012, 01:42:59 PM
' Liam Hayes twirled them and I looked the other way and pulled them out '.

That sort of stuff should be on after the watershed!
50 shades of GAA

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: ludermor on July 05, 2012, 02:09:29 PM
Quote from: grounded on July 05, 2012, 01:42:59 PM
' Liam Hayes twirled them and I looked the other way and pulled them out '.

That sort of stuff should be on after the watershed!
50 shades of GAA

Very good luder.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Denn Forever

Quote from: Keane on July 05, 2012, 01:59:47 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 05, 2012, 01:16:27 PM
Threatening to personally sue people he's tasked with looking after (players) wasn't exactly a shining moment for the GAA presidency.

Didn't see him say that, got a quote?

I suppose it was inference from Syferus from the statement that he will not accept people slanndering me.  Where do you prove slander?

"I am not going to do anything this time but it's something I am watching carefully and will not accept people slandering me like that."

http://www.hoganstand.com/Cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=172638
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Keane

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 05, 2012, 02:19:03 PMI suppose it was inference from Syferus from the statement that he will not accept people slanndering me.  Where do you prove slander?

"I am not going to do anything this time but it's something I am watching carefully and will not accept people slandering me like that."

http://www.hoganstand.com/Cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=172638

Bit of a stretch from that to "threatening to personally sue".

Syferus

So he'll respond by turning up at their houses with boxing gloves and challenging them to a Queensbury rules dust-up? The implication was pretty clear since he or the GAA have no jurisdiction over what players say on twitter.

ziggy90

From what I've seen and heard he seems to be a decent enough skin. He's already been helpful towards the GAA in Warwickshire which for years had been shamefully ignored.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Syferus

He just needs some media training, his demeanour is too sour looking in interviews, he doesn't smile enough and he's clearly prone to getting involved in pointless arguments.

Premier Emperor

Quote from: stephenite on July 05, 2012, 11:45:49 AM
It's amazing that he's not a morning person, and had to get up early.

Glad he clarified that.
He is a teacher ffs.
Are they allowed to start work at 11:30 in the morning?

Fear ón Srath Bán

He's a genuine guy, with his heart in the right place. He deserves a decent chance.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Hardy

Jayz he sounds like some windbag. OK - we got the message. He didn't have to say it twenty seven different ways.

laoislad

Quote from: Syferus on July 05, 2012, 05:07:12 PM
He just needs some media training, his demeanour is too sour looking in interviews, he doesn't smile enough and he's clearly prone to getting involved in pointless arguments.
It's the Laois way, it's ingrained in him.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

sheamy

Those are essential requirements for any serious GAA man  :)...we have enough media trained assholes in this country. Nice to see someone be themselves.

magpie seanie

Media training, demeanour, smile - what the f**k is the GAA President supposed to be doing? We have had plenty of Presidents that were good at smiling and working (with) the media but they were not good Presidents. As has been said already I think O'Neill has started well and will exceed most peoples expectations. I think he has a point about the draws and the attitude to GAA Administrators in general. Can you imagine if an administrator said anything remotely negative about a player? You'd have Dessie and the boys up in arms/on strike/out marching.

Keane

I ended up doing a little piece on my impressions of him to date here if anyone's interested:

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/the-times-they-are-a-changin/

orangeman

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte
UPDATED 22 MAY 2014 08:31 PM

I'm not so sure about these comments about Mickey Harte. Mickey called the ref inconsistent which he was. He didn't criticise the ref personally.

Liam doesn't know Mickey that well. On and off the field Mickey Harte has been extremely positive and very inspirational for many.

Liam O'Neill has criticised the "consistent" negativity of Tyrone manager Mickey Harte.

The GAA president has expressed his disappointment with Harte following his comments regarding referee David Coldrick's performance in the drawn Ulster football championship opener last weekend.

Harte voiced his concerns regarding what he referred to as inconsistencies in the application of the new black rule after last Sunday's drawn Ulster SFC preliminary round against Down.

A major talking point from the encounter was how Down forward Conor Maginn avoided a black card in the first half for pulling down Mark Donnelly for a Tyrone penalty when goalkeeper Niall Morgan was shown one for tripping Jerome Johnston.

Maginn went on to score a goal in the second half as the Mourne men launched an inspired comeback before a Sean Cavanagh free rescued a draw in injury time.

The GAA president was critical of Harte today, suggesting that the Tyrone boss is overly negative.

"In fairness to Mickey Harte, he doesn't leave much negativity out," O'Neill told Ocean FM today.

"If there's something negative to be said, Mickey will say it and he's consistent on that."

The replay between Tyrone and Down will take place this Saturday.