An Mhí Vs Baile Átha Cliath - Cluiche Ceannais Laighean 22/07/12

Started by thejuice, July 02, 2012, 09:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

heffo

A hungry young Meath team big favourites for this one, we're consistently blessed to win a game.

thejuice

Dublin clear favourites, hardly having to play their best to get to the final. Meath will need to play out of their skins.

Likely Meath line up:

D Gallagher;

D Keogan, K Reilly, E Harrington;
D Tobin, S McAnarney, M Burke;

C Gillespie, G Reilly;

P Byrne , D Carroll, A Forde;
B Farrell, J Sheridan, S Bray.

Menton and Queeney both deserve a place too but  couldn't put them ahead of a healthy Reilly or Bray.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Declan

Looking forward to this one. As I said in another thread I hope it has a real championship feel to it as the last couple of meetings have been noticeably flat. On overall form this year we'd be favourites but Meath's performance yesterday was so good and we were so poor that de Royal would be worthy faves for it.

One thing's for sure Meath won't bottle it if they sniff a chance

Sea The Stars

I can't see Menton being dropped. If Reilly's fit, then Menton will go back in the corner at the expense of Lenihan. If not then it's between Lenihan and Harrington.

Meade and Ward are the other two contenders for the axe. One of them will probably make way for Bray. Meade had a bad day yesterday but was amongst the better players in the earlier rounds. Cian Ward I thought did very well yesterday and was surprised to see him taken off.

I doubt Peader will start - I get the impression that Banty sees him as an impact sub, the same with Queeney. The only other contender for starting position, apart from Reilly & Bray would be Paddy Gilsenan. Not sure how he's loonking with his injury though.

DUBSFORSAM1

It's good to be back playing the Auld enemy especially when their confidence will be up.....

Gazzler

2001 since Meath last won a Leinster.
I hope they win this one.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Gazzler on July 02, 2012, 01:42:19 PM
2001 since Meath last won a Leinster.
I hope they win this one.
Yeah, it's a long wait for a proud county like Meath to not have won a provincial title!

Declan

Quote2001 since Meath last won a Leinster.

eh - think the wee county might remember 2010 and Big Joe

Sarge

Dubs got a right big kick up the arse yesterday so expect a much better performance from us next time out. We should win this and for 3 reasons i hope we do.

1. Its a Leinster Final.
2. Its Meath.
3. To shut Liam Hayes up.

joemamas

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 02, 2012, 02:01:16 PM
Quote from: thejuice on July 02, 2012, 09:20:51 AM

Looks like he is trying to start a chain saw!

Good win by Meath, All the running Gym work mean diddily if you cannot kick the O'Neills over the bar.

Can somebody please put a similar type picture of Davy Fitz next to it.

Sarge

You do know that Kildare are a second half team and the fittest is the Country.  ;D

Gazzler

Quote from: Declan on July 02, 2012, 02:01:57 PM
Quote2001 since Meath last won a Leinster.

eh - think the wee county might remember 2010 and Big Joe

eh - I didn't think I was gonna to have to explain it to anyone   :-\
It's 2001 since they WON a Leinster Final...Yes they did cheat one in 2010 though.