An Mhí Vs Baile Átha Cliath - Cluiche Ceannais Laighean 22/07/12

Started by thejuice, July 02, 2012, 09:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agorm

Quote from: thejuice on July 02, 2012, 09:56:25 AM
Dublin clear favourites, hardly having to play their best to get to the final. Meath will need to play out of their skins.

Likely Meath line up:

D Gallagher;

D Keogan, K Reilly, E Harrington;
D Tobin, S McAnarney, M Burke;

C Gillespie, G Reilly;

P Byrne , D Carroll, A Forde;
B Farrell, J Sheridan, S Bray.

Menton and Queeney both deserve a place too but  couldn't put them ahead of a healthy Reilly or Bray.
Sorry Juice I totally disagree with the suggestion of dropping Menton. He had a great game yesterday and would be one of the first I would pick. I know Banty has some difficult choices to make but I would hope that Menton would be a given.

Regarding the forwards and midfield I would agree. I think that Joe still has room for improvement and hope that happens in the final. Queeney not far off.

thejuice

Maybe my memory ain't what it was but I felt Menton hasn't been great in the corner. Maybe I'm wrong. Does he start ahead of Reilly and thinking about who is minding the Brogans, Connelly, McMenamon,
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AZOffaly

Don't think it matters, he has to miss the next match at the grade, so he has to be out for the Meath match. Striking is normally a month FWIW.

heffo

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 02, 2012, 11:35:50 PM
Is striking a 2 or 4 week ban?

Minimum four weeks depending on what he's reported for + next match in competition - this is what he will get.

He might find it hard to get back in - ludicrous stuff - he knows teams target him to get him sent off and he shouldn't react.

agorm

Quote from: thejuice on July 02, 2012, 11:07:39 PM
Maybe my memory ain't what it was but I felt Menton hasn't been great in the corner. Maybe I'm wrong. Does he start ahead of Reilly and thinking about who is minding the Brogans, Connelly, McMenamon,
I think that Menton should probably be on the half-back line, possibly even Centre-Half Back ahead of McAnarney but McAnarney is captain and he wont be dropped. Menton has been named at corner back in the previous games but has played as corner back and wing back in the other games as far as I recall. The point regarding identifyng who marks the Brogans etc is a good one, I dont know what Banty will do but i suspect he will go back to the formation that played Carlow in the replay with Reily slotting back in.

Declan

The mood in the royal is certainly optimistic. Out at a Junior game last night and the overriding message was were ready for you and remember what happened the last time ye won Sam!!

screenexile

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 02, 2012, 11:48:20 PM
Don't think it matters, he has to miss the next match at the grade, so he has to be out for the Meath match. Striking is normally a month FWIW.

Unless it's an All Ireland Final . . .

heffo

Quote from: screenexile on July 03, 2012, 10:01:55 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 02, 2012, 11:48:20 PM

Unless it's an All Ireland Final . . .

Or unless he is not sent off correctly and is correctly cleared to play.

thejuice

Quote from: Declan on July 03, 2012, 09:39:22 AM
The mood in the royal is certainly optimistic. Out at a Junior game last night and the overriding message was were ready for you and remember what happened the last time ye won Sam!!

Its amazing the selective memory people have. These same lads were probably calling for Boylan's return a few months ago.

We won nothing yet.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Declan

QuoteIts amazing the selective memory people have.

Maybe it's just the initial euphoria after Sunday and a more reasoned analysis will follow closer to the final but there's definitely a spring back in the step

Ard-Rí

Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

squire_in_navy_slacks

Personally if I wasnt a dub id be all over the 7/2 about Meath..............................

On the day, forget all that nostalgia shite talk, this should be an absolute rasper, a truer game of football than a kildare dublin final