Roscommon v Tyrone AI Round 2 Qualifier

Started by Syferus, July 02, 2012, 08:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

intoDwest

I hope the pitch didn't cut up................

Captain Obvious

Expected easy win for Tyrone. Sounds like Roscommon produced a worse 2nd half display than Armagh did a few weeks ago.  :o

under the bar

Note to incoming Armagh manager.... that's how you put Roscommon away!  ;)

tyroneboi

Quote from: tyssam5 on July 14, 2012, 03:49:57 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 14, 2012, 03:34:43 PM
Quote from: CK_Redhand on July 14, 2012, 03:31:23 PM
Good to hear the McCurry lad is playing well.  What club is he?  I don't remember him from the league or McKenna cup
Edendork

Don't know much about this lad but according to Mugsy on newstalk just now, he is  'different gravy'!

Starred for the u21s this year and scoring for fun in div 1 with edendork. He was called up the week before the Armagh game along with McGuigan. The lad is just 19 so it's good to see Mickey giving him sone game time today. Excellent prospect!

EC Unique

Easy win as expected 8). Serious nonsense talked on this thread now looks even more silly. ;D

Onion Bag

Quote from: under the bar on July 14, 2012, 05:47:08 PM
Note to incoming Armagh manager.... that's how you put Roscommon away!  ;)

TBH UTB I don't think whoever the new manager is will be reading this
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

armaghniac

QuoteTBH UTB I don't think whoever the new manager is will be reading this

Yes I am!  :P
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ross4life

The Senan Kilbride goal turned the game v Armagh without it we would have lost & lost well. Today's goal from the penalty spot killed the game shame to see our county men give up with 30 plus minutes to go and only 6 points down but that's what happened today. Tyrone probably didn't learn much certainly wasn't much of test for the next round.

It's back to the drawing board for us 2013 can only get better (i hope)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

Quote from: ross4life on July 14, 2012, 07:16:14 PM
The Senan Kilbride goal turned the game v Armagh without it we would have lost & lost well. Today's goal from the penalty spot killed the game shame to see our county men give up with 30 plus minutes to go and only 6 points down but that's what happened today. Tyrone probably didn't learn much certainly wasn't much of test for the next round.

Learned one thing Ross. Young McCurry is a serious player! 4 points from play in debut at 19 is not bad regardless of quality of opposition.

barelegs

I have to say I was really impressed with young McCurry in what apart from that was a fairly average Tyrone display.

He has an excellent turn of pace and great balance, and gives the opposition something else to think about. His movement was top class today and he took his scores very well. Full of self confidence, he's certainly given Mickey something else to think about ahead of the next round.

Wouldn't be getting carried away with the overall performance. There was some very sloppy play at times and we gave the ball away stupidly on too many occasions. Too many times today Tyrone players carried the ball into contact and got dispossessed. When they moved it faster in the second half they looked much more dangerous.

Have to say the frees were a lot better today. Wouldn't have been so keen on the short kickouts which were putting the full back line under deadly pressure at times. And we didn't win too many breaking balls when it did to longer.

Pleased to get a tricky encounter out of the way but there's plenty to work on this week on the training ground

ross4life

Quote from: EC Unique on July 14, 2012, 08:01:05 PM

Learned one thing Ross. Young McCurry is a serious player! 4 points from play in debut at 19 is not bad regardless of quality of opposition.

Credit to Mickey Harte for starting him. We have our own talented 19 year old by the name of Donal Smith only Ciarán Kilkenny scored more than him in the U-21 championship this year & minor championship last year but he wasn't given the same chance to impress.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

Quote from: ross4life on July 14, 2012, 08:12:47 PM

Credit to Mickey Harte for starting him. We have our own talented 19 year old by the name of Donal Smith only Ciarán Kilkenny scored more than him in the U-21 championship this year & minor championship last year but he wasn't given the same chance to impress.

He did not start. He came on as a 2nd half sub. Only joined the panel a few weeks ago!

ross4life

Quote from: EC Unique on July 14, 2012, 08:20:20 PM
Quote from: ross4life on July 14, 2012, 08:12:47 PM

He did not start. He came on as a 2nd half sub. Only joined the panel a few weeks ago!

Still given more of chance to impress. Donal Smith was brought on with only a few minutes to go when the game was over and wasn't given any game time v Armagh,Galway.

On another note i was at the Tyrone v Roscommon minor game in 2008 was very impressed by your minor team that day how come more of that team hasn't come through to senior?

EC Unique

Coney would have been one of the stand out players that year andbwould have started today but for serious groin injury which may keep him out for the season. Peter Harte and Niall McKenna who played today were on that team. Roman mc Nabb out injured. Think that is it.

barelegs

Paddy McNeice came on against Armagh and Ciaran Gervin is still on the bench and Mattie Donnelly started today as well. I make that 7 out of the starting 15 from the 2008 team on the squad and 6 of the 7 have seen championship football either this year or in Coney's case last year.

McCurry, Clarke and O'Neill are the only 3 of the 2010 squad on the panel and 2 of those played today, the other is out with a long term injury