Roscommon v Tyrone AI Round 2 Qualifier

Started by Syferus, July 02, 2012, 08:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ONeill

Can see this being tight for a while, probably mirroring last year's game. I think Tyrone's work-rate will see them a few points ahead over the line. I'm expecting Peter Harte to find his first bit of freedom in this year's championship.

An early goal for the Rossies, at home, and it could be a nervy one.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

This one is  there for us. The fact we're going into Tyrone this year off the back of a big win and Tyrone off the back of a close loss shouldn't be under-estimated. We need to come out and play them with the same deference we would show a Leitrim or a London, if we honestly believe we cna win we can win.

Tyrone have weaknesses in their back-line and midfield that can be exploited to serious effect with good fielding and deep ball to Compton and Senan.

We have to be prepared for Tyrone's patented brand of needle - off -the-ball jabs, feigning injuries when we're on top and fouling up the field to funnel bodies back.

Last year should stand to us and we shouldn't be in any awe of Tyrone. This match can likely be reduced to one factor; the impact of the benches. If our's has a similar impact to the last day then it will at minimum nullify Tyrone's (significantly weakened) bench and they won't pull away from us in the last 15 minutes and after that one of our sweetest wins in many years will be on the cards.

Win or lose I know this is a talented group of lads who are only going to improve. A win puts us on an entirely new level. C'mon Roscommon!

weareross

Heading to the Hyde now. If we do the basic things right, win the midfield and our half forwards and half backs help out and work hard and give good ball into Shine and Kilbride we can win it. Easier said then done though! C'mon the ross!

omagh_gael

Best of luck to the red hands today. It'll be much closer than last year as we aren't as strong or have as much firepower on the bench. However, I have a feeling Mugsy and SON will be itching for a big performance after the strangulation a fortnight ago. Tyrone by 3.

EC Unique

What is the weather like down there today? Is the pitch sodden?

All of a Sludden

http://www.shannonside.ie/liveapp.php

Eoin Mulligan, he seems to be playing for 40 years. 

Roscommon 0-00  0-02 Tyrone
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Fuzzman

6 wides to Tyrone. Sounds like its very physical with big joe just getting a hard hit.
4~3 to Tyrone.
The Newstalk lads are saying Roscommon's tackling is high intensity and are not making it an open game. Now 4-4

CK_Redhand

Is Lafferty on for Stephen O'Neill or what?  Haven't heard any mention of SON yet

ross4life

Poor game we should be at least level at ht but our freetaking has been awful so far.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

tyssam5

Quote from: CK_Redhand on July 14, 2012, 02:39:45 PM
Is Lafferty on for Stephen O'Neill or what?  Haven't heard any mention of SON yet

Warming up on the line according to lads of BBC.

Fuzzman

Missed the start of coverage so don't know why Lafferty is on for SoN.
Penalty