Cavan v Kildare

Started by Dinny Breen, July 02, 2012, 08:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mup

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 03, 2012, 08:44:14 PM
All the cameras will be at the club hurling in Kildare.

Sure don't RTE have the inside track into all things hurling in Kildare these days.

heffo

Quote from: Go home ref on July 03, 2012, 08:43:01 PM
Quote from: heffo on July 03, 2012, 07:19:28 PM
Surprised it's not on the box.

Its on the same day as provincial finals not a hope in hell of it being on the television

I was referring to the decision to schedule it at a time when it clearly wouldn't be shown on tv.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 02, 2012, 01:39:56 PM
This isn't a great draw for Cavan at all...

Despite yesterday's result you'd have to figure Kildare are still in the Top 6 teams in the country   (Ya couldn't find too many to put ahead of them other than Kerry, Cork, Dublin, Tyrone and Donegal... and well Meath too I suppose)

Wanted to avoid them, Tyrone and Kerry in the draw.... Hard to know what way the inevitable media circus will have on the match and/or the two teams but I doubt Kingspan Breffni Park will have seen anything like it before

Top 6, you've been reading the Sunday World again. Jez, who have Kildare beaten (of worth) in 5 years? What trophies have they won? Why are they an annual participant in the Back door? Why have they played most of their League football outside of Division One?

Last weekend was seen as a surprise just like last years defeat to Donegal, Just like the year befores defeats to Down and Louth, just like their 2008 defeat to Wicklow.

Look as far as Ranking goes there is a Top 3. Then there are about 4 or 5 other teams who can cause a surprise, each no better than the other.

mylestheslasher

I hope Johnston plays but I bet he and kildare will chicken out and not follow through with the mess they started . Win lose or draw we will be cacan at the end of the game and I just hope Johnston plays so everyone from cavan in the crowd can see what he is when walks on the sacred breffni pitch in a kildare Jersey. Have kildare and sean Johnston the balls to finish what they started?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 03, 2012, 08:50:31 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on July 03, 2012, 08:45:21 PM
They will be hoping for a good gate in this one.

Do Kildare travel in big numbers around the country DH?

Yeah we've quite a decent travelling support. I know there are some that are disillusioned with the whole setup at the moment but most of the hardcore will travel regardless.

Sure it's a handy commute from Kildare to Cavan these days afterall!

Will travel up Sunday and while I think we'll win and want us to win well, part of me is of the opinion that a loss might not be the worse thing that could happen to Kildare football.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 03, 2012, 11:25:16 PM

Yeah we've quite a decent travelling support. I know there are some that are disillusioned with the whole setup at the moment but most of the hardcore will travel regardless.

Will travel up Sunday and while I think we'll win and want us to win well, part of me is of the opinion that a loss might not be the worse thing that could happen to Kildare football.

I'd say there'll be changes next year regardless of how the seniors go for the rest of the year. The clubs' lack of access to their county players cannot continue for much longer not to mention the inevitable financial cuts in order to balance the books. There was a fairly lively county board meeting tonight I hear. No prizes for guessing what issue dominated the agenda.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

panc56

As a Longford man, I'm just dreading Glen Ryan leaving us to take the Kildare job next season. Unless Geezer wins Sam his future is over. Most decent Kildare people would swap right now. The Johnston saga has pulled a great county into an awful place one that is making them enemy no1 in the rest of Ireland. The same player hardly got a kick of the ball in last years game against us and it's been awhile since he performed to any great level in the c'ship against a top team. He scouted two other counties last winter before the lilies bought into it. Fact.

Jinxy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 03, 2012, 11:34:16 PM

I'd say there'll be changes next year regardless of how the seniors go for the rest of the year. The clubs' lack of access to their county players cannot continue for much longer not to mention the inevitable financial cuts in order to balance the books. There was a fairly lively county board meeting tonight I hear. No prizes for guessing what issue dominated the agenda.

What did Seán Brady think of the whole thing?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Geezer's a bluffer, only embarrassing yis. Best thing Kildare could do would be to get rid of him as soon as possible.............
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Jinxy on July 04, 2012, 12:13:38 AM

What did Seán Brady think of the whole thing?

He's waiting for the final. Only a matter of just toggin out in these qualifiers sure.....
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

LilySavage

'Will travel up Sunday and while I think we'll win and want us to win well, part of me is of the opinion that a loss might not be the worse thing that could happen to Kildare football.'

Losing to Meath and then Cavan two weeks later would be pretty bleak whichever way you look at it. Dont throw the towel in just yet. We were 7/1 to win Sam on Saturday, we cant be tht bad. A couple of wins would have us playing likes of Clare/Sligo/Meath/Down for a place in the quarter finals. Not all doom and gloom.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: panc56 on July 03, 2012, 11:48:36 PM
As a Longford man, I'm just dreading Glen Ryan leaving us to take the Kildare job next season. Unless Geezer wins Sam his future is over. Most decent Kildare people would swap right now. The Johnston saga has pulled a great county into an awful place one that is making them enemy no1 in the rest of Ireland. The same player hardly got a kick of the ball in last years game against us and it's been awhile since he performed to any great level in the c'ship against a top team. He scouted two other counties last winter before the lilies bought into it. Fact.

Interesting....
Care to elaborate?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Main Street

Kildare supporters have the odd dramatic bout of fatalism whenever they get beaten in the early rounds, only to recover when the ball gets rolling again.
However, I sincerely hope that Cavan puts these GAA robots to the sword.

tommysmith

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 04, 2012, 10:12:36 AM
Quote from: panc56 on July 03, 2012, 11:48:36 PM

Interesting....
Care to elaborate?

And its def going to true as he has fact at end of message.

viva the mccooey

Seanie is a fool. Kildare are a one trick pony and at least Cavan are on the up. He should have stayed and fought for his place, let himself down a bagfull.