Tour de France 2012

Started by bennydorano, June 30, 2012, 07:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Cancellara gets the show on the road with a superb showing in the Prologue (7/4f) , Wiggins 2nd @7 secs, but has 10 in hand on Cadel.

1st proper stage 2moro, one for the 'classics type riders, Sagan 7/4f, Gilbert 3/1 2nd fav.  Gilbert would be my bet in front of his home fans, for on outsider Edvald Bosan Hagan @14's or even Cancellara again @ 33's.

Love to see Wiggins do it, looks like Cadel is his only real opposition.

ludermor

Any word on why Gilbert has been so poor so far this year? He was a joy to watch last year attacking every second day.

maigheo

I see Roche is 25 secs down which is not bad for him as the time trial is not his greatest strength. Dan Martin finished 24 secs behind. Is Roche writing for the Sindo this year as I always look forward to reading his views on each stage

bennydorano

Dan Martin is 14/1 to win the KOTM, alot of people have been bigging up his chances as well. When u consider a non entity like Chris Anker Sorenson is a baffling 7/1 fav he has to have a sniff. Sammy sanchez would be my pick.

I get my prices from Bet365 btw.

Sheedy

i hope wiggins can stay injury and crash free this year. think he would have been in with a great chance last year only to crash out. the battle between him and evans should be interesting.
nil satis nisi optimum

Eamonnca1

Quote from: maigheo on June 30, 2012, 08:01:13 PM
I see Roche is 25 secs down which is not bad for him as the time trial is not his greatest strength.

Like father not like son then.

bennydorano

Result of stage 1

1) Sagan
2) Cancellara
3) Edvald Bosan hagan
4) Gilbert

Money to be made at this lark.

ludermor

Quote from: bennydorano on July 01, 2012, 04:49:46 PM
Result of stage 1

1) Sagan
2) Cancellara
3) Edvald Bosan hagan
4) Gilbert

Money to be made at this lark.
Jasus Benny, you should have done a forecast!

Sheedy

impressive finish from dan martin to take 8th on todays stage.
nil satis nisi optimum

bennydorano

Pure Sprinter stage tomorrow, Cavendish is 8/5 fav.  With the beef he's lost in preparation for the Olympics he's lost a bit of his oomph - but could still be too good, Marcel Kittel is 2nd fav at 13/4, but I'll be having a slice of Andre Griepel at 5/1 - the 'gorilla' has looked like Cavendish's biggest danger all year long.  Today's winner Sagan is such a prodigy and cycling's great white hope he's well capable of going in again at 7/1, but with another lumpy sprint day on Tuesday he mightn't bother and save himself for that. Matt Goss is a big danger at 11/1, Tyler Farrar is another top sprinter who'll probably make the first half dozen, he's 33/1 which is a huge price for him (but he's had a middling year to date).

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: bennydorano on July 01, 2012, 07:11:35 PM
Pure Sprinter stage tomorrow, Cavendish is 8/5 fav.  With the beef he's lost in preparation for the Olympics he's lost a bit of his oomph - but could still be too good, Marcel Kittel is 2nd fav at 13/4, but I'll be having a slice of Andre Griepel at 5/1 - the 'gorilla' has looked like Cavendish's biggest danger all year long.  Today's winner Sagan is such a prodigy and cycling's great white hope he's well capable of going in again at 7/1, but with another lumpy sprint day on Tuesday he mightn't bother and save himself for that. Matt Goss is a big danger at 11/1, Tyler Farrar is another top sprinter who'll probably make the first half dozen, he's 33/1 which is a huge price for him (but he's had a middling year to date).

Cavandish is an animal, great shout today again Benny

bennydorano

Cavendish is some boy, that was a pure streetfighter win, no lead out trains today.

Stage 3 is a lumpy sprint again, Sagan is 27/20f, worth opposing tomorrow, he was going flat out for the win today, just found life with the real big boys of flat out sprinting very tough, that's 2 tough stages in a row.  Gilbert took it handy today and at 11/2 will be my main bet for the stage.  Simon Gerrans @ 25/1 and Vincenzo Nibali at 40/1 for an EW interest.

Donnellys Hollow

Good ride from Roche in today's stage finishing in 7th
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

bennydorano

Sagan's the real deal, ridiculously good for a 22 yr old, surely a future tour winner.

flat sprint tomorrow, Cav is Evens, Griepel 4/1, Goss 7's.  Kittel was 2nd fav for Monday's stage is 12/1 for tommorrow - he did however have a dose of the skoot on Monday , if he's recovered he's worth a go at 12/1 for the value.

Looking at his twitter feed, maybe not  :P
I did the 250m from the team bus to my room/lovely toilette probably faster than Usain Bolt... Is his key to world records diarrhea?! :-S

Griepel it is.