Dublin vs Wexford LSFC

Started by emmetryan, June 28, 2012, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emmetryan

Quote from: Hardy on July 01, 2012, 05:04:56 PM

(What a quiet thread.)

I don't think I've ever experienced so little chatter on and offline about a Dublin game in the week before it. Even with Dublin as favourites going in, the lack of buzz around for it seemed weird.
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

heffo

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 01, 2012, 07:11:52 PM
Wexford choked, that game was there if they wanted it, kicked 14 wides that I counted plus about 4 or 5 short balls as well.

Not easy kicking points when you've the AI champs defending against you. Choked my arse. Dublin in second gear won (again) against an inferior team.

boro

Quote from: heffo on July 01, 2012, 10:55:21 PM
Wexford choked, that game was there if they wanted it, kicked 14 wides that I counted plus about 4 or 5 short balls as well.

Not easy kicking points when you've the AI champs defending against you. Choked my arse. Dublin in second gear won (again) against an inferior team.

3 years in row that Dublin have played 'in second gear' against Wexford. Only one team choked today and it wasn't Dublin.

heffo

Quote from: boro on July 01, 2012, 11:07:02 PM

3 years in row that Dublin have played 'in second gear' against Wexford. Only one team choked today and it wasn't Dublin.

Who won all three games?

What was the result of the other two games between the two sides?

Dinny Breen

The choke was bigger than that but nothing worse than a sore winner.

Choking is essence all about anxiety, the further you go in a competition the greater the anxiety, if for example you are Wexford and your target is to reach a Leinster final, once you reach the semi final your anxiety increases as you are that much closer to your goal. It is this anxiety that causes teams to choke. One of the reasons Dublin have been so dominate in Leinster the last few years is because their target is an All-Ireland and not a Leinster so they are relaxed and playing within comfortable anxiety levels.

Kildare and Mayo would also be good examples (Kildare I think have won only 13 out of nearly 40 Leinster finals).

#newbridgeornowhere

boro

Quote from: heffo on July 01, 2012, 11:12:57 PM
Quote from: boro on July 01, 2012, 11:07:02 PM

Who won all three games?

What was the result of the other two games between the two sides?

Dublin in second gear apparently, if you want all the results this is a good place to start http://www.gaa.ie/fixtures-and-results/historical-results/

heffo

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 01, 2012, 11:27:40 PM

Funny you said the same thing when we beat you again last year with 14 men.

In the last six games Dublin have played Wexford we've won by an average of 7.5 points. At some point Dublin should be given credit as a superior team.

boro

Quote from: heffo on July 01, 2012, 11:34:17 PM

In the last six games Dublin have played Wexford we've won by an average of 7.5 points. At some point Dublin should be given credit as a superior team.

Supporters of All Ireland champions insecure about Wexford footballers, you couldn't make it up. I'm guessing we should be chuffed

heffo

Quote from: boro on July 01, 2012, 11:41:54 PM
Quote from: heffo on July 01, 2012, 11:34:17 PM

Supporters of All Ireland champions insecure about Wexford footballers, you couldn't make it up. I'm guessing we should be chuffed

I responded to a Kildare supporter not you.

I've no reason in the world to be insecure about a Wexford footballer.

Looking forward to a hard game against Meath

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 02, 2012, 12:00:15 AM
Ex-Kildare supporter  >:(

Bit much Dinny. I've never been as apathetic about a defeat as I was today but I'll still be at the qualifier for my sins. Everyone has their opinion on the SJ fiasco but Kildare football is bigger than any one man and hopefully certain people will reflect on that fact in the days ahead. I can't say I'm enthused about following the seniors for however long (or short) the summer lasts but there are a few older players there who will sadly probably not be seen in a Kildare jersey again after this year and they deserve support for all the sacrifices they have made over the past 10+ years. Roll on the minor match in Newbridge on Wednesday week. Them young lads are the future of Kildare football. Hopefully they will restore some pride.

Apologies for posting this in the Dublin/Wexford thread. Only caught bits of the match on the radio on the drive home. Got to feel a bit for the yellabellies. They always seem to come up agonisingly short against Dublin. They remind me of Kildare in the early 1990s who year after year hit a brick wall v the Dubs. Dublin will be very hard bet this year but they have to cut their losses with Connolly. For all his talent, the guy is a liability. He's had too many chances at this stage.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Syferus

Jaysus, why the rush from HQ if you were driving?

Also I hope they rig the draw to bring Cavan-Kildare about, if only to avoid the tears that'll be shed in Gorthaganny if honourary local hero Johnny Doyle (the poor lad was dragging him around like a rag doll the whole night of the Dermot Snr. memorial unveiling by one of the local characters, it was worse than what those Donegal feckers put him through) has to line up against us.

Declan

Got out of jail in that one. Wexford should have won and we only woke up after the sending off. Jaysus Connolly does my head in. Fair play to Macker - great stuff and he's some man to (over)carry the ball. Thought McAuley was excellent when he came on and Flynn did some great work as well.
Looking forward to the final which hopefully should be a real championship game unlike our last couple of meetings with Meath which for some reason felt flat - and I'm not talking about the 5 goals either ;) 

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 02, 2012, 12:21:44 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 02, 2012, 12:00:15 AM
Ex-Kildare supporter  >:(

Bit much Dinny. I've never been as apathetic about a defeat as I was today but I'll still be at the qualifier for my sins. Everyone has their opinion on the SJ fiasco but Kildare football is bigger than any one man and hopefully certain people will reflect on that fact in the days ahead. I can't say I'm enthused about following the seniors for however long (or short) the summer lasts but there are a few older players there who will sadly probably not be seen in a Kildare jersey again after this year and they deserve support for all the sacrifices they have made over the past 10+ years. Roll on the minor match in Newbridge on Wednesday week. Them young lads are the future of Kildare football. Hopefully they will restore some pride.

Apologies for posting this in the Dublin/Wexford thread. Only caught bits of the match on the radio on the drive home. Got to feel a bit for the yellabellies. They always seem to come up agonisingly short against Dublin. They remind me of Kildare in the early 1990s who year after year hit a brick wall v the Dubs. Dublin will be very hard bet this year but they have to cut their losses with Connolly. For all his talent, the guy is a liability. He's had too many chances at this stage.

Just been melodramatic DH, I'll still be there next Sat night like the fool I am. Plus they better win even just for forcing me to watch Ireland AM.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Syferus on July 02, 2012, 02:21:20 AM
Jaysus, why the rush from HQ if you were driving?

Plenty of work to be done back home.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?