Dublin vs Wexford LSFC

Started by emmetryan, June 28, 2012, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Liam Hayes is a real tool, regarding his after match comments on McMenamin. At least When Brolly Spillane and Co are wrong they will eat humble pie and admit it.  Really annoying.

Tubberman

Quote from: joemamas on July 01, 2012, 05:45:48 PM
Liam Hayes is a real tool, regarding his after match comments on McMenamin. At least When Brolly Spillane and Co are wrong they will eat humble pie and admit it.  Really annoying.

Really?? Can't think of too many times that happened. They all predicted that Cork would wipe the floor with Mayo last year, then when Mayo won, Spillane said it was no surprise because these were two division 1 teams. They're as bad as each other.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

orangeman

What did he say ?.

CitySlicker11

He claimed that he was not a quality IC footballer and that despite his performance today he still holds the same views. I totally disagree, Kevin was great today, and the go to man in the Dublin forward line when the two Brogans weren't performing and Connolly was sent off.

macdanger2

Quote from: orangeman on July 01, 2012, 05:42:35 PM
Quote from: bucko on July 01, 2012, 05:39:55 PM
If I was a Wexford supporter I'd be seriously pissed off. The extra man, more possession, more opportunities and yet ye were the architects of ye're own downfall with 14 wides, ball given away cheaply through very poor passes under no pressure, running in contact numerous times and displayed some very poor pedestrian play in the last quarter when ye needed to move it quickly. Wexford had the beating of Dublin today and completely blew it. Jason Ryan will not be a happy man after that performance.

If I was a Wexford supporter I'd be very proud of my team and how they performed.

Coming into this game, most pundits would have said Wexford wouldn't have got 14 shots off, let alone nearly getting to a point where they could have beaten the all Ireland champions.

Fair enough they should be proud in one sense but moral victories aren't worth a sh*te to them after the past few years. Could and should have won today, they'll find it hard to pick themselves up for a qualifier after that.

Hayes is a complete gom

joemamas

Quote from: orangeman on July 01, 2012, 05:50:40 PM

What did he say ?.

Apparently he said on pregame that McManamin was an average county footballer (or words to that effect, I did not hear them live), he was asked after the game did he want to retract his comments, he was pig headed enough to say no, this after McManimin scored 1-3 from play, in a game where most of the forward line were awol.

orangeman

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 01, 2012, 05:54:48 PM
If I was a Wexford supporter I'd be seriously pissed off. The extra man, more possession, more opportunities and yet ye were the architects of ye're own downfall with 14 wides, ball given away cheaply through very poor passes under no pressure, running in contact numerous times and displayed some very poor pedestrian play in the last quarter when ye needed to move it quickly. Wexford had the beating of Dublin today and completely blew it. Jason Ryan will not be a happy man after that performance.

If I was a Wexford supporter I'd be very proud of my team and how they performed.

Coming into this game, most pundits would have said Wexford wouldn't have got 14 shots off, let alone nearly getting to a point where they could have beaten the all Ireland champions.

Fair enough they should be proud in one sense but moral victories aren't worth a sh*te to them after the past few years. Could and should have won today, they'll find it hard to pick themselves up for a qualifier after that.Hayes is a complete gom

Yes they could have won. But it's Dublin they were playing, a team described in the previous round when they humiliated the oppsition, as machines and the most complete team ever to have played Gaelic football ( which was a bit of an exaggeration ) so I think Wexford should be justly proud.

Liam is Liam. No point arguing with him or talking about him. He's always right. Leave it at that.

They should take great heart from today's result and should be confident going into the qualifiers.

Ard-Rí

It's important to remember that Liam Hayes has a deep personal hatred for Dublin, and won't acknowledge anything good about them at all really. He said they should have beaten Louth by more the last day.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

orangeman

Quote from: Ard-Rí on July 01, 2012, 06:04:11 PM
It's important to remember that Liam Hayes has a deep personal hatred for Dublin, and won't acknowledge anything good about them at all really. He said they should have beaten Louth by more the last day.

He tries hard to be ultra controversial. Wants to be more controversial than Brolly, Spiilane and the rest of the Sunday Games pundits put together.

bucko

After all the other times they came close I wouldn't be so sure. As a neutral I thought they looked the better team for the first 45-50 mins, but after that it looked like they completely lost confidence. It was like they saw Connolly being sent off and they couldn't believe the position they were in. They gave 2-3 very bad passes straight to Dublin players not long after that, their approach play became very slow and narrow up through the middle of the pitch and persisted with very short lateral and backward hand passing, carrying the ball into contact on numerous occassions. This was bread and butter for the Dublin defense and they turned the ball over off Wexford on several occassions. I think this was the best opportunity Wexford have had in recent times to beat Dublin and they let it slip.

orangeman

Quote from: bucko on July 01, 2012, 06:06:50 PM

After all the other times they came close I wouldn't be so sure. As a neutral I thought they looked the better team for the first 45-50 mins, but after that it looked like they completely lost confidence. It was like they saw Connolly being sent off and they couldn't believe the position they were in. They gave 2-3 very bad passes straight to Dublin players not long after that, their approach play became very slow and narrow up through the middle of the pitch and persisted with very short lateral and backward hand passing, carrying the ball into contact on numerous occassions. This was bread and butter for the Dublin defense and they turned the ball over off Wexford on several occassions. I think this was the best opportunity Wexford have had in recent times to beat Dublin and they let it slip.

What about last year ? Surely last year was just as good a chance ?

thejuice

Quote from: Ard-Rí on July 01, 2012, 06:04:11 PM

And good on him. f**k them.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

bucko

Quote from: orangeman on July 01, 2012, 06:10:22 PM
Quote from: bucko on July 01, 2012, 06:06:50 PM

What about last year ? Surely last year was just as good a chance ?
Them losing last year was down to a bit of rotten bad luck on Masterson with that bizzare own goal. There was no such factor this year. It was more in their own hands this time round.

Dinny Breen

Wexford choked, that game was there if they wanted it, kicked 14 wides that I counted plus about 4 or 5 short balls as well.
#newbridgeornowhere

boro

Sickened. The game was there to be won and we blew it. Wide after wide in the second half. That's 3 years in row we had the Dubs on the rack and couldn't put them away. It will be tough picking ourselves up for the qualifiers, please don't let us get Longford again...