Cork V Tipp

Started by Reillers, June 21, 2012, 08:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

The Cork Senior Hurling team to play Tipperary in Sunday's Munster Hurling Championship Semi-Final at 4pm in Páirc Uí Chaoimh will line out as follows:

1. Anthony Nash
                    Kanturk

2. Shane O Neill      3. Brian Murphy           4. Conor O'Sullivan
Bishopstown               Bride Rovers                    Sarsfields

5. Tom Kenny           6. Eoin Cadogan           7. William Egan
Grenagh                Douglas                         Kilbrin

8. Darren Sweetnam      9. Lorcán Mc Loughlin
     Dohenys                         Kanturk

10. Conor Lehane      11. Pa Cronin                12. Cathal Naughton
Midleton                    Bishopstown                    Newtownshandrum

13. Jamie Coughlan     14. Paudie O'Sullivan      15. Padraig Ó hArgáin
Newtownshandrum          Cloyne                         Glen Rovers
Subs:

16. Darren McCarthy - Ballymartle     
17. Stephen McDonnell- Glen Rovers     
18. Damien Cahalane - St. Finbarrs
19. Killian Murphy - Erin's Own
20. Christopher Joyce - Na Piarsaigh
21. Daniel Kearney - Sarsfields
22. Seán Óg hAilpín - Na Piarsaigh
23. John Gardiner - Na Piarsaigh     
24. Cian McCarthy - Sarsfields
25. Luke O'Farrell - Midleton
26. Stephen Moylan - Douglas

A lot of big calls there.

heffo

The last fella who dropped Sean Óg didn't last very long.

orangeman

Quote from: heffo on June 21, 2012, 09:55:45 PM
The last fella who dropped Sean Óg didn't last very long.

Long time till Sunday.  ;)

thejuice

Brendan Cummins,

Conor O'Brien, Paul Curran (c), Michael Cahill,
Thomas Stapleton , Conor O'Mahony, Padraic Maher,

Brendan Maher, Shane McGrath,

Gearóid Ryan, Patrick Maher, Pa Bourke,
Brian O'Meara, John O'Brien, Noel McGrath.

No Eoin Kelly in the starting 15.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

CitySlicker11

Don't believe that EK not starting for Tipp is a big a shock as some of the ones left of the Cork starting team. Tom Kenny wasn't showing very well in the league and seemed to be past it, Sean Og is still worth his spot, and John Gardiner is a huge name to leave off the team. Stephen McD had made the number 3 shirt his own this year so far, is he carrying a knock? Looking forward to seeing Lehane could be the find of the summer if he gets going on Sunday. Darren McCarthy an excellent under age goalkeeper, has Coleman left completely now? Luke O'F could have a big say on the outcome of the game. Tipp line out as expected really. Hoping for a cracker.

heffo

All jokes aside, I think there would be uproar had it been Walsh who made those calls.

Looking forward to this one. Don't think there'll be much in it.

AZOffaly

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on June 22, 2012, 02:00:08 AM
Don't believe that EK not starting for Tipp is a big a shock as some of the ones left of the Cork starting team. Tom Kenny wasn't showing very well in the league and seemed to be past it, Sean Og is still worth his spot, and John Gardiner is a huge name to leave off the team. Stephen McD had made the number 3 shirt his own this year so far, is he carrying a knock? Looking forward to seeing Lehane could be the find of the summer if he gets going on Sunday. Darren McCarthy an excellent under age goalkeeper, has Coleman left completely now? Luke O'F could have a big say on the outcome of the game. Tipp line out as expected really. Hoping for a cracker.

Eoin Kelly hasn't been playing well, and looked off the pace against Limerick as well. That Tipp forward line is just not good enough though, even though Bonner Maher is a big boost. Expect to see the mother of all roars when Gearoid Ryan is replaced by Lar Corbett, and Noel McGrath moves out the field. Or else Callanan for Ryan and Lar for John O'Brien. I cannot see the Tipp forwards in their last championship game of the year lining up like they are on Sunday.

I'd imagine the ideal scenario would be

Seamie Callanan, Noel McGrath, Bonner Maher

Lar Corbett, Brian O'Meara, Pa Bourke/Eoin Kelly.

heffo

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 22, 2012, 10:16:48 AM
Quote from: CitySlicker11 on June 22, 2012, 02:00:08 AM

Eoin Kelly hasn't been playing well, and looked off the pace against Limerick as well. That Tipp forward line is just not good enough though, even though Bonner Maher is a big boost. Expect to see the mother of all roars when Gearoid Ryan is replaced by Lar Corbett, and Noel McGrath moves out the field. Or else Callanan for Ryan and Lar for John O'Brien. I cannot see the Tipp forwards in their last championship game of the year lining up like they are on Sunday.

I'd imagine the ideal scenario would be

Seamie Callanan, Noel McGrath, Bonner Maher

Lar Corbett, Brian O'Meara, Pa Bourke/Eoin Kelly.

I wouldn't think there is a chance of Tipp lining out as named up front.

AZOffaly

Wouldn't be surprised heffo. I can see some positional switches, like McGrath to centre, Bonner to wing and Pa Bourke to Corner. John O'Brien to corner and O'Meara to Full, but personnel wise I think it's close enough.

heffo

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 22, 2012, 10:40:53 AM
Wouldn't be surprised heffo. I can see some positional switches, like McGrath to centre, Bonner to wing and Pa Bourke to Corner. John O'Brien to corner and O'Meara to Full, but personnel wise I think it's close enough.

Yeah meant positionally not personnel!

AZOffaly

Quote from: heffo on June 22, 2012, 10:44:12 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 22, 2012, 10:40:53 AM

Yeah meant positionally not personnel!

Yeah, you could be right, although Bonner Maher's style will give Cadogan fits, whereas he'd love to get stuck into Noel McGrath. So it might be horses for courses. I don't see the point of O'Meara in the corner alright so that might be a ploy where they will withdraw McGrath to be an extra half forward or midfielder and let O'Meara play in a two man inside line with O'Brien.

Ash Smoker

17 points in 17 minutes. Cork will regret putting two good goal chances over the bar.

CorkMan

We were just as good as Tipp today. A bit of inexperience and a lack of composure at the end cost us. Cian McCarthy should be put down for the wide he had straight in front of the post.

orangeman

Quote from: CorkMan on June 24, 2012, 08:46:10 PM
We were just as good as Tipp today. A bit of inexperience and a lack of composure at the end cost us. Cian McCarthy should be put down for the wide he had straight in front of the post.

Cork with the extra man should have won the match. But Tipp played some courageous hurling after O'Brien's dismissal. Great game of hurling, thoroughly enjoyable.

It was a bad miss alright by Mc Carthy but putting him down would be a bit extreme.

I thought Cork had a couple of great goal chances in the last 15 minutes but failed to go for them.

CorkMan

Quote from: orangeman on June 24, 2012, 10:01:07 PM
Quote from: CorkMan on June 24, 2012, 08:46:10 PM

Cork with the extra man should have won the match. But Tipp played some courageous hurling after O'Brien's dismissal. Great game of hurling, thoroughly enjoyable.

It was a bad miss alright by Mc Carthy but putting him down would be a bit extreme.

I thought Cork had a couple of great goal chances in the last 15 minutes but failed to go for them.

We should definitley have kicked on after O'Briens red card. Tipp stepped it up a notch then, they won every break. Was expecting more of Conor Lehane today, he looked brilliant during the league but looked fairly average today.