Help Bud - Banned from Boards.ie

Started by Bud Wiser, June 15, 2012, 09:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

No Stew, what he said was that members who left South County and joined another named club probably paid their membership for the new club they joined out of money they should have paid South County and that they wouldn't be missed from South County because it was those type that had caused the club to go into liquidation.

There is only myself and another member after joining this club and because I objected to the statement because we were identifiable, I was banned.  I had all my fees paid up to 2013 in advance, lost my money and this donkey makes that allegation!  Anyway, could be worse.

As for South County, the joke is, the landlord owns the land and he wanted €450 for the rest of this year and probably €1200 at a minimum for next year and for the same price or less we were able to join a superior club.
Considering that South County fees were to include Insurance and GUI membership and it was disclosed at the EGM that these were never paid either, then it was a no brainer to move.

I am in no way dwelling on losing the money, whats done is done, I was merely pointing out the one sided moderating that is done by the crowd over on boards.ie and if you read any of Gombeen's posts you will probably see why people left anyway.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Captain Obvious

Each to their own however if i had two grand to throw around the money would go into my local club or county GAA team than on a foreign game for self enjoyment.

Gazzler

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 15, 2012, 07:34:39 PM
Each to their own however if i had two grand to throw around the money would go into my local club or county GAA team than on a foreign game for self enjoyment.
More fool you.

tommysmith

Knob  ;D

Bud Wiser

I dont have money to throw around, but at a guess, I'd say I have given more sets of hurleys to clubs and financial support to local clubs over the years than you have. Dublin hurling team didnt think golf was a foreign game when we played in their golf classic either and.......I'm worse to be even replying to you
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

thebigfella

He's not throwing it around, he's paying to play golf. At least he's getting something in return than having it pissed up again a wall by gimps in a local gaa club. Suppose though you could walk around with your chest puffed out pretending to be the big shot  ::)

Orior

Bud, as you left boards.ie, did the moderator shout "And stay out!"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thebigfella

Bud where did you move too? I was a member there too, luckily on DD, but certainly not going back. The place is an absolute mess and the committee are a shower of useless fcuks. Always was but I didn't care as long as I was playing golf.

Rossfan

I wouldnt want to be part of any organisation or club that would allow bigfella and Bud to be members of . :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jonah

Quote from: Rossfan on June 15, 2012, 09:59:46 PM
I wouldnt want to be part of any organisation or club that would allow bigfella and Bud to be members of . :D
I don't think they like Sheep so I'd say you're safe enough.

thebigfella

Very funny, could say that about most GAA followers  ::) Local gaa clubs have to be full of the most complete tossers ever, worse than golf club.
Quote from: Jonah on June 15, 2012, 10:02:49 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 15, 2012, 09:59:46 PM
I don't think they like Sheep so I'd say you're safe enough.

;)

stew

Bud is a tremendous asset to this board and he earns his corn like you, me and anyone else, Golf is a universal game and you are no more a patriot because you do not have the discretionary income  he does, he has simply been more successful so far in his life, and by the way, he values his reputation, not a damn thing wrong about that!

If you had a spare couple of grand I am sue the last place it would go would be your local GAA club, Bud has donated gear, time and sweat to the GAA and if you think he is being arrogant here you might want to look in the mirror................ well either that or read though his posts over a sustained period, he is top notch!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Lar Naparka

I imagine that if you were to re-read the post you fired off to boards.ie in response to the laitcheko who annoyed you, you will probably find that some of the language you used was somewhat intemperate.
I may well be wrong of course but, now that your temper has cooled down a bit, you may find that you were a bit OTT in what you wrote.
Otherwise, I can see no reason for the mods to ban you from the board. Did you name names or make threats of any sort?
It appears that the tool who upset you was non-specific in his allegations and that, while you felt you could be indentified as one of the people who failed to pay their subscriptions to South County, the mods may not have seen it your way.
They wouldn't have known the details and may have genuinely felt that there was nothing that contravened their Terms & Conditions in what he wrote.
BTW, I'm not blaming you in any way for what happened or for feeling that your good name was impugned but maybe  you were a bit incautious in your response
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: thebigfella on June 15, 2012, 09:05:48 PM

He's not throwing it around, he's paying to play golf. At least he's getting something in return than having it pissed up again a wall by gimps in a local gaa club. Suppose though you could walk around with your chest puffed out pretending to be the big shot  ::)

Not that I agree with Captain Obvious' original post that is a horribly pathetic post and quite demeaning to the large number of people on this board who play an integral volunteering role in their local clubs.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Capt Pat

You were not libeled Bud, you are just pissed off about what he said and rightly so. At least that is my legal opinion?