What do Celtic supporters hope happens to Rangers?

Started by deiseach, June 12, 2012, 02:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Given Rangers look certain to be liquidated, what do you hope happens next?

Let them back into the SPL somehow. Life won't be the same without the Old Firm matches
9 (14.3%)
They have to go to the bottom of the Scottish football pyramid. Maybe we'll seem them again in a few years
34 (54%)
Burn, baby, BURN! Their demise will represent our final triumph. I will not miss the Old Firm
20 (31.7%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: June 17, 2012, 02:51:14 PM

johnneycool

Quote from: ziggysego on June 13, 2012, 02:04:47 PM
Quote from: Hound on June 13, 2012, 01:02:27 PM
I see also today the buyers have said that their legal team have confirmed, that if there is a transfer of business to a new entity, the new entity will be obliged to honour all employee contracts, and likewise players will be obliged to honour their contracts. Old Rangers will only go into liquidation after the business has been transferred out, so the players/employees will never be part of a club that went into liquidation.

To me, that seems fair enough, assuming the players are happy to stay with newco Rangers. I can't say I would be, after the way they handled their wages.

would these employees not be assets of sorts, and HMRC not want them sold off to recouperate some of their losses? I'd be surprised if they were able to walk away.

ziggysego

Quote from: johnneycool on June 13, 2012, 02:21:24 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 13, 2012, 02:04:47 PM
Quote from: Hound on June 13, 2012, 01:02:27 PM
I see also today the buyers have said that their legal team have confirmed, that if there is a transfer of business to a new entity, the new entity will be obliged to honour all employee contracts, and likewise players will be obliged to honour their contracts. Old Rangers will only go into liquidation after the business has been transferred out, so the players/employees will never be part of a club that went into liquidation.

To me, that seems fair enough, assuming the players are happy to stay with newco Rangers. I can't say I would be, after the way they handled their wages.

would these employees not be assets of sorts, and HMRC not want them sold off to recouperate some of their losses? I'd be surprised if they were able to walk away.

I'd be more concerned for the players, who would be locked into seeing out their contract with the new club, that messed them about in the pass.
Testing Accessibility

fitzroyalty

Quote from: PAULD123 on June 13, 2012, 12:44:58 PM
They should not be allowed to play in blue and they should be told they can never have Rangers in their name. That is the only way to genuinely hurt them. That robs them of their identity in the way that liquidation should. So they get to call themselves Glasgow City (or something like that) and they play in red/yellow/white.... That way they really are a new team and that is the only punishment that I could imagine being worthwhile.

After that, letting them back into the SPL wouldn't seem so bad, and the other financial sanctions for a few years would seem reasonable punishment.
I like the sound of that, though I can't imagine it ever happening.

The management seem set to leave, which will add to further instability on the field. Good riddance!