Laois                                   Galway
Westmeath                          Leitrim
Tipperary                             Kerry
Longford                              Limerick
Roscommon/Armagh             Kildare/Meath
Fermanagh/Cavan                 Dublin/Wexford

LaurelEye

Quote from: drici on June 26, 2012, 11:42:07 AM
The draw for Round 2 of the All Ireland Senior Football Championship Qualifiers will take place on TV3 this Monday morning coming, July 2.

The draw will be broadcast live on the station's Ireland AM programme at 8-35am

You can follow the draw as it happens on the GAA's official Twitter account @officialgaa, and full details of the Round 2 games will be available on GAA.ie shortly afterwards.

The eight winners from this weekend's Round 1 games as well as each of the eight teams defeated in the Provincial Semi Finals will be entered in the draw.

The defeated Provincial Semi Finalists will be drawn from Bowl A, the Round 1 winners from Bowl B, and both will be then be placed in Bowl C, with the first team drawn from Bowl C handed home advantage.

The games will be played on the weekend of July 14/15, with times and venues to be confirmed later by the CCCC.

The draw will be carried out by Uachtarán Chumann Lúthchleas Gael Liam Ó Néill and a guest.

Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

EC Unique

AQMP

Quote from: hardstation on June 30, 2012, 09:42:34 PM
We are going to cut the shite out of whoever we get.

Fancy a go at Limerick...pay back for the hurling ;)

Onlooker

Quote from: EC Unique on July 01, 2012, 10:48:51 AM
I take it tyrone can not get Armagh?
If Armagh beat Roscommon, they could be drawn against Tyrone in Round 2.  Tipp and Kerry could meet again as well.  IMO these repeat matches should not be part of the qualifiers.

AQMP

Quote from: Onlooker on July 01, 2012, 11:26:04 AM
If Armagh beat Roscommon, they could be drawn against Tyrone in Round 2.  Tipp and Kerry could meet again as well.  IMO these repeat matches should not be part of the qualifiers.

...and Antrim could play Monaghan again...

Hardy

Quote from: Onlooker on July 01, 2012, 11:26:04 AM

I've never understood why people say that. What's wrong with repeat matches, if that's what the draw throws up? If anything, they add a bit if spice and extra interest.

Syferus

Nope, because Armagh's championship will be long over before the angelus rings out this evening ;)

Man of Kent

Good contest at Ruislip yesterday. Once again London, who by 3 at half-time, came up short. But if they were disappointed by the Leitrim defeat, they shouldn't be by the loss yesterday.

Sean McVeigh was at the heart everything good that London did, and didn't stop from first whistle to last. Top performance!

Both sides missed good goal chances and Antrim had a goal ruled out for an over-carry that certainly upset the man in front of me!

Antrim probably deserved to win, but they couldn't have complained if they hadn't!

weareross

Quote from: hardstation on June 30, 2012, 09:42:34 PM
We are going to cut the shite out of whoever we get.

When, in next years Dr McKenna cup?

Onlooker

Plea to the GAA, make sure that Cavan & Kildare are drawn together in the next round.

macdanger2

macdanger2

Bowl B                            Bowl A
Antrim                                  Tyrone
Wicklow                               Monaghan
Laois                                   Galway
Westmeath                          Leitrim
Tipperary                             Kerry
Longford                              Limerick
Roscommon                         Kildare
Cavan                                  Wexford

Longford and Roscommon probably the teams to avoid from Bowl B. Leitrim probably the weakest of the Bowl A teams. What's the story with home draw? First out of the bowl?

Cavan Kildare in Breffni would be some craic

Lucifer

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 18, 2012, 06:44:27 PM
Quote from: Lucifer on June 18, 2012, 06:03:03 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 18, 2012, 04:09:08 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 18, 2012, 09:13:34 AM
Thank God a home draw. Now let's see what our response to the Gakway game is, we're either going to ignite our championship or sink.
Iceberg right ahead
Quote from: under the bar on June 18, 2012, 11:11:22 AM
Nice handy draw for Armagh, not so for other ulster  teams.
Armagh would beat all 15 in this in round. It was always round 2 before Armagh would get tested.

Whilst Armagh were admirable against Tyrone, I think you might be getting a little ahead of yourself.  It was only last year when Wicklow drew with Armagh in the qualifiers.

Wicklow caught Armagh on the hop last year in the replay Armagh ran out easy winners with Jamie Clarke turning on the style. The round two possible opponents are Kerry,Donegal/Tyrone,Kildare/Dublin bigger tests than any team in round one.

I think this deserves to be re-quoted after today's result.  I take it 'Captain Obvious' is an ironic name?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Lucifer on July 01, 2012, 06:46:20 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 18, 2012, 06:44:27 PM
Quote from: Lucifer on June 18, 2012, 06:03:03 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 18, 2012, 04:09:08 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 18, 2012, 09:13:34 AM
Thank God a home draw. Now let's see what our response to the Gakway game is, we're either going to ignite our championship or sink.
Iceberg right ahead
Quote from: under the bar on June 18, 2012, 11:11:22 AM
Nice handy draw for Armagh, not so for other ulster  teams.
Armagh would beat all 15 in this in round. It was always round 2 before Armagh would get tested.

Whilst Armagh were admirable against Tyrone, I think you might be getting a little ahead of yourself.  It was only last year when Wicklow drew with Armagh in the qualifiers.

Wicklow caught Armagh on the hop last year in the replay Armagh ran out easy winners with Jamie Clarke turning on the style. The round two possible opponents are Kerry,Donegal/Tyrone,Kildare/Dublin bigger tests than any team in round one.

I think this deserves to be re-quoted after today's result.  I take it 'Captain Obvious' is an ironic name?

I was wrong what more can i say? Armagh have to regroup for 2013 now all the best to Roscommon in qualifiers.