Started by Farrandeelin, June 09, 2012, 12:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: blast05 on June 15, 2012, 12:13:08 AM
Quote from: moysider on June 14, 2012, 02:51:42 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 14, 2012, 02:27:03 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on June 14, 2012, 01:48:08 PM
Quote from: western exile on June 14, 2012, 01:45:34 PM
http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15474:connacht-final-venue-up-in-the-air&catid=14&Itemid=100008

Fair enough, regarding capacity requirements. Rules are rules, and agreements are agreements.
But why does Sligo not get to pick the neutral venue?  Why is it that Mayo or Leitrim get this right?

because its their turn for a 'home' match against sligo i presume

I imagine that is the case alright but there is no other ground than the Hyde that would be suitable as a neutral venue.
The only places big enough to host a CF are Salthill, McHale Park and the Hyde. You could add Tuam also but that's not really suitable.
With McHale out of the picture, you'd have to consider a Galway venue and that would be asking a lot of Sligo and Leitim supporters to travel there.
Galway or Roscommon wouldn't bother Mayo too much the Hyde is the only realistic option for either of the other two.

What about Longford. That would suit all the supporters up the country that have to travel from Dublin etc. half of Mayo and Leitrim in Dublin anyway. So what if it isn t actually in Connacht. It s easier to get to than The Hyde as well and nicer grounds to watch a game.

What about it ?
Its the worse shithole of a ground in the country to watch a game.
Standing on the terrace side with a crowd you can only see from about 10 metres in from the sideline.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You re the only fished that snapped all day apart from Rosnarun 'kinda'. I was only trying to wind the Rossies up by trying to take The Hyde out of the equation.

Relax. Everybody knows this years final will be in The Hyde regardless what happens between Mayo and Leitrim. Just don t like The Hyde. Mixed memories but the ones that stick are wind and rain and the feeling that you are in the midlands without a decent mountain or lake in sight - so you may as well be in Longford or Westmeath. It doesn t feel like a Connacht town.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on June 14, 2012, 03:15:58 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 14, 2012, 03:00:34 PM
Pearse Park capacity is too small. Markievicz can hold more than it .

Tut, tut. Not the reaction I was hoping for. Should have gone down the river fishing.

There's a few taking the bait now. Hold off on the fishing a biteen longer. :D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on June 15, 2012, 12:25:09 AM
Glennon Brothers Pearse Park is one of the best-sized grounds in the country and doesn't have the echo-chamber feeling you get in most other stadiums on all but the biggest days of the year. Definitely a good ground. We've had three matches there in the last three months and even though we lost two of them they all were fantastic occasions that were enhanced by the ground.

The idea that someone would seriously suggest it, as a Leinster ground and a stadium with a capacity of only 8,000, for a Connacht final beggars belief though.

Hook line and sinker! See my previous post. Sorry lads but this thread has been too boring and I resorted to acting the maggot. Of course a Connacht final would not be played in Leinster ::)

No wonder Sniper, Abbeysider and others don t bother any more.

Syferus

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 15, 2012, 12:35:23 AM

Tut, tut. Not the reaction I was hoping for. Should have gone down the river fishing.

Jaysus Lar. Nobody else understands me. Not even the barmaid.

rosnarun

just i've heard you come out with worse 5h17
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

moysider

Quote from: rosnarun on June 15, 2012, 01:50:44 AM

Doubt it. My shite usually stacks up ok.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on June 15, 2012, 12:44:45 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 15, 2012, 12:35:23 AM

Jaysus Lar. Nobody else understands me. Not even the barmaid.
Still awake and feeling grumpy!
I fell asleep before the end of the Ireland/Spain game and only woke up an hour ago.
So I banged off my last post without spotting that you had already 'fessed up.
Geez, if only abbeysider was still active, he'd have hit you with a ream of nonsense by now. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

rosnarun

Quote from: moysider on June 15, 2012, 01:59:15 AM

nothng im sure  a good dose of prune juice   wouldn't cure

Any one see a team for the challange match in lonford?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

moysider

Quote from: rosnarun on June 15, 2012, 10:31:44 AM
Quote from: moysider on June 15, 2012, 01:59:15 AM

nothng im sure  a good dose of prune juice   wouldn't cure

Any one see a team for the challange match in lonford?

Ouch :) Walked into that one I did.

When is this challenge?

On a different here are the thoughts of Mayo coach on injuries in the squad.

Mayo senior team coach Cian O'Neill reports that the injured players are making steady progress.

Speaking to The Connaught Telegraph, O'Neill revealed that the injured players, including Aidan and Seamus O'Shea, were all on the mend but insisted that no player will be risked against Leitrim on Sunday week unless they are 100% fit.

"We are delighted with the progress of the injured players in the squad. There have been a few long term injuries like Seamus and Aidan O'Shea. They are making good head way. Seamus started back doing light training last Tuesday and will be taking a more active part this week.

"Aidan also returned to the training pitch where he did some jogging. His medical problem is almost cleared up and we expect to see him taking a bigger part in training in the near future.

"However, it will be all down to our medical team who have worked wonders with the injured players. They have been exceptional and we will continue to take their advice."

Reading that is looks unlikely either O Sé brother will be able to play a full game v leitrim.

Blowitupref

Latest odds Mayo 1/80 Leitrim 18/1 draw 33/1
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

moysider

Mayo team supposed to be announced Wednesday evening according to the Mayo News.

Also it appears Aidan O Sé will not take any part in the game as he did not feature in the AvB match last weekend. O Connor also sat that one out but it seems only as a precaution. Seamus O Sé on the other hand started and is in the mix.

The local hacks (in the Mayo News at any rate) appear to be expecting the same team that played the league final. The only issue would seem to be who plays with Barry Moran at midfield. Sure we ll see.

moysider

On the other hand Horan is quoted in the Western People as suggesting there will be a couple of surprise selections tomorrow. Hmmmmm, I wonder what they could be?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: moysider on June 19, 2012, 06:49:25 PM

On the other hand Horan is quoted in the Western People as suggesting there will be a couple of surprise selections tomorrow. Hmmmmm, I wonder what they could be?
Horan could select himself,the gardener,the tea lady and still defeat Leitrim.

moysider

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 19, 2012, 06:59:54 PM
Quote from: moysider on June 19, 2012, 06:49:25 PM

Horan could select himself,the gardener,the tea lady and still defeat Leitrim.

Peadar Gardiner is one of those doubtful due to injury ;)