Muineachán v An Dún - 24/06/12, Ard Mhacha

Started by Maguire01, June 09, 2012, 12:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

very low key build up to this match. hopefully this will help down as there doesnt seem to be the same hype as other years. i would be a bit concerned that we dont have a forward that is likely to kick 4/5pts. need a big game from danny hughes and mark poland. scores came from all over the team against fermanagh but this is unlikely to be the case tomorrow. hoping we can sneak a narrow win but am feeling less confident as the match approaches.

good luck to both down teams tomorrow.
nil satis nisi optimum

Bensars

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 23, 2012, 07:48:08 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 23, 2012, 07:44:21 PM
I think it's a hard one to call. The bookies appear certain that Down will walk it, yet two previews in The Irish News today tip Monaghan. I think Monaghan can edge it, especially with Hughes back. Hopefully there's a big crowd and good atmosphere.

Yeah, Monaghan are damned good value at 15/8.. I'm not a betting man though and if I start now I'll likely jinx them!  ;)

What's the verdict on this one then.

Monaghan 5/2 on betfair, down clear favourites @ 1.6

Seems very generous! Have Monaghan selection problems?

orangeman

Quote from: Bensars on June 23, 2012, 10:41:05 PM
I think it's a hard one to call. The bookies appear certain that Down will walk it, yet two previews in The Irish News today tip Monaghan. I think Monaghan can edge it, especially with Hughes back. Hopefully there's a big crowd and good atmosphere.

Yeah, Monaghan are damned good value at 15/8.. I'm not a betting man though and if I start now I'll likely jinx them!  ;)

[/b]

Scoring problems more like.

Line Ball

Benny played 20 mins for Mayobridge on Friday night - I hear he's good to go tomorrow.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: orangeman on June 23, 2012, 11:36:59 PM

[/b]

Unlike 2 years ago when the racked up 1:18 with an outfield player in goals and scores coming from all over the place: http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2010/0606/266248-monaghan_armagh/

::)

thebandit

Does anyone know the seating plan for the athletic grounds?

I'm in section 109 row L.

Is row L covered?

Maguire01

Quote from: orangeman on June 23, 2012, 11:36:59 PM

What are you talking about? 1-12 against Antrim from 9 different players, even with Finlay, our main scorer, off after 20 minutes?

Even in being relegated in the league, Monaghan averaged 15 points a game.

Main Street

I think Orangeman was just being flippant. The question invited a flippant response.
Let's hope we do the point scoring on the pitch today.

armaghniac

QuoteLet's hope we do the point scoring on the pitch today.

A few wides, but so far you are!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sammymaguire

5-1 Monaghan after 15 minutes, looking very assured and so far only 1 winner in this game. Down need to find another gear very soon or there will be too much to do in the 2nd half.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Heshs Umpire

8-2 now. Down look to be on the way to the qualifiers unless they improve drastically.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

ziggysego

Down should be dead and buried now, Monaghan is all over them, but missing a sinful of scores.

Monaghan 0-11 Down 1-02
Testing Accessibility

cadence

trileacman

Quote from: ziggysego on June 24, 2012, 02:37:18 PM
Down should be dead and buried now, Monaghan is all over them, but missing a sinful of scores.

Monaghan 0-11 Down 1-02

In any game you'll have misses, hate how guys always draw on the negative here on rte, Monaghan are rampant but Carney can only say that they need to be more clinical in front of goal. 11 points in the first half Martin, aye there not clinical enough Marty ya bollix.

Half time coming now, can't wait to be told what Down are doing wrong. Do you think they'll give two minutes to what Monaghan are doing right. Can write it now, Down have turned up, poor passing, no heart, blah, blah, blah.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Main Street

The most effect Down have made were through a couple of accidental collisions.
Great to McManus back to his best for Monaghan.
Oisin in the BBCNI  studio called it a lucky enough penalty for Down, thanks Oisin  but it looked a stonewall penalty to me.