U21 Hurling Championship

Started by Donnellys Hollow, June 06, 2012, 09:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spuds

Any radio station in Dublin covering this ? If not any links to online stations ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

spuds

Not working, taking an age. Thanks anyways
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Capt Pat

Clare started well but Kilkenny have taken over 2-7 to1-7 . Kilkenny lead by a goal scored just before half time.

Capt Pat

2-14 to 2-9 for Clare now for the kk comeback?

Rossfan

Roscommon all Ireland Hurling Champions .
Has a lovely ring to it ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Capt Pat

Clare 2-17 Kilkenny 2-11? Final score.
Patrick O''Connor from Clare had a great over the head backwards clearance to deny Aylward another goal.

Cathal O Connell the smallest man in Clare is man of the match. He scored 1-6. Onwards and upwards for Clare.

Bad luck Kilkenny.

Minder

Clare were very impressive, fitter, faster and more skilful than Kilkenny.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

Pace was a huge difference in this game. Clare were very quick all over the field but especially up front. Made Kilkenny look leaden footed.

Lecale2

Clare were the better team but I thought the 2 goals just before half time would have affected them especially against Kilkenny. It didn't and they won well. Fair play to them!!

seafoid

Up the banner. Great stuff. I hope they can turn it into something at senior level for the post cat era.

bp

Yes, great stuff from Clare altogether, played with great style, skill and pace and a good attacking purpose about them.
Cathal "  Tots " O'Connell is proof positive that you don't have to be 6'2 to be good - superb performance !

bp

.....oh yes, and well done to the Rossies, wasn't in for the game myself but anyone I spoke to, who saw it, was very impressed.

johnneycool

Clare have copied the Galway blueprint for beating Kilkenny and looked a very good team to keep an eye on in the future.

Clare, like Galway didn't allow the Kilkenny forwards to catch too much ball and then worked their arses off the get on the breaking ball first and then build from midfield with pacey runners finding their corner forwards in space. The few times that Kilkenny caught ball, big Walter Walsh in particular they looked dangerous and were getting scores in the first half especially. In the second half big Walsh struggled to get into the game and was brought out the field where he'd a lot of ground to cover when he did get possession where he was either smothered out of it or fouled, but a that stage Clare were defending a six or so point lead and points weren't going to get Kilkenny back into the game.

Clare seemed to be building at underage with a stream of good minor and U-21 teams the last few years, it'll be interesting to see if Davy Fitz turns them into a serious force in the coming years.

AZOffaly

It would be good to see Clare coming again, and I think they might be a bit more grounded this time if they do make a breakthrough. They got awful carried away with themselves the last time, which is understandable I suppose :D.

I remember a barman in the old Davin Arms in Limerick congratulating a Clare supporter in October 1995 for taking '2 months to do what it took Tipp 100 years to do'.