Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on June 07, 2012, 05:24:25 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 07, 2012, 05:14:20 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 07, 2012, 04:59:49 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 07, 2012, 04:44:03 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 07, 2012, 03:56:47 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 07, 2012, 03:52:28 PM
I haven't seen a team self destruct like that. Dreadful. Should have won, were by far the better team,

Jaysus it's

In your long glorius history on this board Reillers, Cork have never been beaten in a game in any code at any level where you haven't been the better team and should've won.

Your idiotic post isn't exactly out of the ordinary, but the fact that you didn't see the game, well your post means even less than it normally does.

I didn't see it, said that last night. Any comment on my observation??

How can you feel that you can comment on a game you haven't seen.
Cork were winning, and were ahead with a few to spare, and they simply threw it away in the last 2 minutes of the game.
Cork have been beaten many times by better teams, your comment was idiotic at best. Though against Tipp they were the better team, deserved to win, but yet again, we snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Like I said, it wasn't the fact that I thought we could have won the competition, it was the way in which we lost the game. So many of these U21 games have ended up with Cork losing by 1 point, be it like last night or in added extra time after a replay, but they've never had the mentality to go on and win games they should have won.
Cork did not deserve to win the game the way they gave up in the end, but they were the better team. Tipp were ahead once..in the 60th minute and that is all that counts at the end of the day. So if you want to say, because of their timing, that they did deserve to win the game (without seeing it) than by all means do, but the way in which it happened is infuriating because Cork were in such complete control and yet again, bottled it.

I didn't comment on the game whatsoever.

I commented on your inability to be gracious in the slightest whenever a Cork team loses.

Massive difference.

Pot meet kettle.
And I did say that Tipp deserved to win it.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on June 07, 2012, 06:07:55 PM
Cork bottled it yet again ?

Not normally a Cork characteristic. Is this just a recent thing ?.

Oh it is for underage level which will become a huge problem in the future I imagine.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on June 07, 2012, 09:10:15 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 07, 2012, 05:24:25 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 07, 2012, 05:14:20 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 07, 2012, 04:59:49 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 07, 2012, 04:44:03 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 07, 2012, 03:56:47 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 07, 2012, 03:52:28 PM
I haven't seen a team self destruct like that. Dreadful. Should have won, were by far the better team,

Jaysus it's

In your long glorius history on this board Reillers, Cork have never been beaten in a game in any code at any level where you haven't been the better team and should've won.

Your idiotic post isn't exactly out of the ordinary, but the fact that you didn't see the game, well your post means even less than it normally does.

I didn't see it, said that last night. Any comment on my observation??

How can you feel that you can comment on a game you haven't seen.
Cork were winning, and were ahead with a few to spare, and they simply threw it away in the last 2 minutes of the game.
Cork have been beaten many times by better teams, your comment was idiotic at best. Though against Tipp they were the better team, deserved to win, but yet again, we snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Like I said, it wasn't the fact that I thought we could have won the competition, it was the way in which we lost the game. So many of these U21 games have ended up with Cork losing by 1 point, be it like last night or in added extra time after a replay, but they've never had the mentality to go on and win games they should have won.
Cork did not deserve to win the game the way they gave up in the end, but they were the better team. Tipp were ahead once..in the 60th minute and that is all that counts at the end of the day. So if you want to say, because of their timing, that they did deserve to win the game (without seeing it) than by all means do, but the way in which it happened is infuriating because Cork were in such complete control and yet again, bottled it.

I didn't comment on the game whatsoever.

I commented on your inability to be gracious in the slightest whenever a Cork team loses.

Massive difference.

Pot meet kettle.
And I did say that Tipp deserved to win it.

Pot meet kettle?

I've never been ungracious to my knowledge when Dublin lose, you on the other hand are unable to countenance the fact that Cork at any level could be beaten by a better team..

seafoid

The hurling posters - we have Reillers representing Cork and with the Cork persecution complex self esteem
We have Premier emperor representing all that is best about Tipperary modesty
Everyone else would love to win an all-Ireland sometime

Bord na Mona man

Laois play Carlow in the Leinster semi-final.
If Wexford did a job on Kilkenny in the other semi final, it would leave us a novel final pairing.

I have a feeling that Clare could be the team to beat this year.

G@@

Kilkenny U21s beat Waterford in a challenge game recently 1-22 to 1-16. Kilkenny were missing R.Doyle, C.Buckley, K.Kelly, J.Power, E. McGrath, M.Gaffney. They also lost Padraig Walsh to a hand injury mid-way through the first half.

Kilkenny will, as always, be hard bet at any level.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Onlooker

Quote from: G@@ on June 16, 2012, 08:42:28 PM
Kilkenny U21s beat Waterford in a challenge game recently 1-22 to 1-16. Kilkenny were missing R.Doyle, C.Buckley, K.Kelly, J.Power, E. McGrath, M.Gaffney. They also lost Padraig Walsh to a hand injury mid-way through the first half.

Kilkenny will, as always, be hard bet at any level.
As long as it is not football. ;D ;D ;D

Premier Emperor

Quote from: G@@ on June 16, 2012, 08:42:28 PM
The Waterford U21s or the Waterford senior team?

laoislad

Leinster semi final result : Laois 0-15 Carlow 0-14
Laois into first U/21 Leinster Final since 1990.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

johnneycool

Quote from: laoislad on June 20, 2012, 09:01:41 PM

Caught 10 minutes of the other semi-final on TG4, second half. Kilkenny were at a canter, but I think Wexford were a man down.

Were they and why?

clootfromthe21

Quote from: johnneycool on June 21, 2012, 08:44:31 AM
Quote from: laoislad on June 20, 2012, 09:01:41 PM

Caught 10 minutes of the other semi-final on TG4, second half. Kilkenny were at a canter, but I think Wexford were a man down.

Were they and why?

Their corner back was sent off for two yellows. Wexford started very strongly, scored the first 4 points without reply and got an early goal. Kilkenny upped their game, Wexford hit a lot of wides and then fell away to nothing towards the end of the first half, having a penalty saved in the process.

Donnellys Hollow

Kildare won the Leinster u21A Championship tonight beating Meath by a point in Newbridge 2-14 to 1-16.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

CitySlicker11

Antrim won the Ulster championship tonight in Armagh beating Derry by 11 points.

Lecale2

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 25, 2012, 09:06:20 PM
Kildare won the Leinster u21A Championship tonight beating Meath by a point in Newbridge 2-14 to 1-16.

Well done Kildare but should that not be B?

Clare look impressive. Thank God for TG4.

johnneycool

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 25, 2012, 09:06:20 PM

did Seany get a run out  or is he too old?