TV3 GAA Coverage

Started by highorlow, June 05, 2012, 12:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

Not sure if this topic is already started elsewhere?

Looking through the RTE Sunday game topic re Spillane and Brolly it shouldn't go unnoticed the great coverage of the Dublin v Louth game on TV3. Great pundits and positive, studied analysis rather than the same old lazy muck from the RTE lads.

The TV3 lads did a good enough job that they managed to distract and give the impression that Matt Cooper was a genuine GAA man.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Jinxy

I thought it was very good.
Themselves and Newstalk are far superior to RTE.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Newstalk's GAA coverage is class.

From the Bunker

I suppose most of the RTE Boys played in the mid 90's at the latest. The game has changed tactically since 2002 when Armagh and then Tyrone won All Irelands. None of these lads have encountered this type of football (as players) and do not have a grasp of its intensity.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 05, 2012, 10:04:39 PM
I suppose most of the RTE Boys played in the mid 90's at the latest. The game has changed tactically since 2002 when Armagh and then Tyrone won All Irelands. None of these lads have encountered this type of football (as players) and do not have a grasp of its intensity.

I think you're letting them off the hook a bit there. McStay is from the same era as Spillane and Tony Davis but he works hard to know the teams and studies the game too. That's what the TV3 boys do too but most of RTÉ's guys think they've the monopoly on knowledge, Spillane being the living embodiment of this arrogance.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Go home ref

TV3 think that Dublin are the only team in the country ffs! and they have David Brady which automatically means they are total shite for even letting that knob near a mic