Ulster Championship is Muck

Started by bennydorano, June 03, 2012, 10:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: snoopdog on June 05, 2012, 02:48:28 PM
When i didnt have a season ticket Terrace was the way to go.

The GAA in general need to pay attention to this - many people don't actually want a seat. I certainly don't get anything like the same enjoyment when watching a match sitting down.

So the crusade for all seater stadia are both pushing up prices and depriving people of what they actually want.
i usse an speelchekor

trileacman

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 06, 2012, 01:38:57 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on June 05, 2012, 02:48:28 PM
When i didnt have a season ticket Terrace was the way to go.

The GAA in general need to pay attention to this - many people don't actually want a seat. I certainly don't get anything like the same enjoyment when watching a match sitting down.

So the crusade for all seater stadia are both pushing up prices and depriving people of what they actually want.

+1. Terracing is a much more enjoyable experience during a good match.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 04, 2012, 03:20:30 PM
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on June 04, 2012, 12:15:34 PM
Right, trying to look positively on it - poor game between Fermanagh and Down, yet looking at the stats, Down's 12 scores were by 11 different players. Is this not a way of beating the blanket defence?

I would like to commend McCartan and Down on achieving 2-10 against a team intent defence.

The main answer to how to beat it arises in the basic skills, and this is true for all team sports. Excellence will shine through if a team is handling passing and moving the ball well.

What cheeses me off watching these matches is not the blanket defence, but dropping passes, poor shooting, bad tackling and start stop football. I actually could watch Donegal last year because I thought their defence and tackling was first class, up there with the Meath defence in late 80s/early 90s.

It is up to the coaches of our teams to provide a winning formula to beat blanket defence; this has to lie in better ball skills, long range shooting, faster forwards, moving the ball at speed and accurately, which will in turn make a better spectacle.

Really?

Yeah - judging by McCartans interview after the game, he knew that it wasn't the best showing - seemed glad to get the result, as were all Down Fans.
At this stage I reckon, with the poor standard of football usually prevalent in early rounds, and considering opposing tactics, 2-10 was commendable enough and did the job. Thats all really.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Wildweasel74

got the best game of the championship today, good points, and good open -play, next week welcome to the worst game of the championship with gaelic football played the way it shouldn`t be played, Derry played very open and gung ho last year but to match this type of game Derry will have to go very negative to have a chance, but i dont think derry have the know how to play that type of game

Orchardman

nothing wrong with 12 quid in today, good spot on the terrace, jes i hate sitting down anyway. Armagh was looking well today, great wee stadium, and good open football

Captain Obvious

From the muck came the All Ireland champions.

omagh_gael

All Ireland club football and hurling champions as well!

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: omagh_gael on September 23, 2012, 10:33:54 PM
All Ireland club football and hurling champions as well!

and the 7's yesterday !! Crap province altogether !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ONeill

Ye are missing the point here. It wouldn't matter if an Ulster team won the World Cup - it's the style of football that's shite. Pure muck is right.

Donegal can string together a few passages of play but generally we're a province of shit-to-watch county football.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on September 23, 2012, 10:46:54 PM
Ye are missing the point here. It wouldn't matter if an Ulster team won the World Cup - it's the style of football that's shite. Pure muck is right.

Donegal can string together a few passages of play but generally we're a province of shit-to-watch county football.

It's been generally accepted by the gaa media that Donegal got their style of football from Tyrone, is this true?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

So in senior football and hurling in county and club in 2012 Ulster have won 3 out of 4, not a bad auld turnaround :D

cadence

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 24, 2012, 11:45:45 AM

It's been generally accepted by the gaa media that Donegal got their style of football from Tyrone, is this true?

only partly... donegal style has always had a strong emphasis on the handpassing and running game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: cadence on September 24, 2012, 10:36:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 24, 2012, 11:45:45 AM

only partly... donegal style has always had a strong emphasis on the handpassing and running game.

They are very defensive also, players play all over the park and break in numbers with running and handpassing.  For me (and the pundits) this was a Tyrone trait
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Applesisapples

Look at the way Cross won the Club AI, traditional no nonsense football.