Ulster Minor Football Championship - 2012

Started by omagh_gael, May 30, 2012, 11:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

So with Monaghan and Derry through to the semi finals, Down and Fermanagh are up next. I'm assuming that Down will be favourites, although Fermanagh will have a large contingent of Mac Rory winners on board.

I'd imagine Tyrone are overall favourites following their league triumph.

Any word of teams for this weekend?

yellowcard

I don't know much about anyone else but I do know that Armagh are weak enough this year. On the basis of the League Tyrone would start as favourites I would imagine.

Rawhide

Armagh can't be that weak, they beat Donegal out of the gate in the Ulster League shield final. Donegal then beat Cavan in the championship who were one of the pre competitions championship favourites, based on having 10 of last years winning panel back this year.
cccc is a true supporter lol

sheamy

Paddy Power All-Ireland Minor odds

Tipp 5/2
Dubs 9/2
Tyrone 13/2
Roscommon 13/2
Armagh 9/1

Armagh can't be that bad if they're only at 9's for the whole thing.

yellowcard

Quote from: sheamy on May 31, 2012, 02:59:39 PM
Paddy Power All-Ireland Minor odds

Tipp 5/2
Dubs 9/2
Tyrone 13/2
Roscommon 13/2
Armagh 9/1

Armagh can't be that bad if they're only at 9's for the whole thing.

I'm not saying they are poor but just that they wouldn't be as strong as last year. Bookies tend to have very little basis on which to price up this market other than recent minor trends, tradition, schools results etc so its not a great barometer as to how strong a team is.

Onlooker

It is some change to see Tipperary favourites to win the All Ireland Minor Football Championship.  This time last year they were probably 50/1 to win the 2011 title.  It is great to see it and whatever happens for the rest of the year, Tipp are certainly producing a lot of talented young players these days and the future looks bright for Under 21 and Senior level in the next few years. BTW  I understand that Tipp had a narrow win over Armagh in Laois last weekend.

Captain Obvious

Minor football is so unpredictable last year Armagh were favourites to win Ulster after winning the league. All the remaining teams has a case for winning it.

omagh_gael

TYRONE MINOR TEAM TO FACE ARMAGH

1. Daire Martin (Cill Íseal)
2. Ruairi Mullan (An Chorr Chríochach)
3. Padraig Hampsey (Oileán a'Ghuail)
4. Caolan Harvey (Caisleán na Deirge)
5. Rory Brennan (Trí Leac)
6. Ciaran McLaughlin (An Ómaigh)
7. Peter McKenna (Domhnach Mór)
8. Diarmuid Carroll (An Charraig)
9. Sean Molloy (Dún Geanainn)
10. Kieran McGeary (Cabhán a'Chaortainn)
11. Conor Mallon (Naomh Mhuire)
12. Ruairi Sludden (An Droim Mór)
13. Mark Bradley (Ceapach)
14. Daniel McNulty (Cluain Eo)
15. Sean Hackett (Gael Naomh Pádraig)

16. Sean Fox (Ceapach)
17. Caolan Corr (Doire Treasc)
18. Anthony Devlin (Baile na Móna)
19. Darragh Kavanagh (Gael Naomh Pádraig)
20. Ruairi Kelly (Trí Leac)
21. James McGahan (An Chorr Chríochach)
22. Fearghal McGarrity (Gallbhaile)
23. Ruairi McGlone (Achadh Lú)
24. Cormac O'Neill (An Ómaigh)

Blowitupref

HT: Armagh 0-13 Tyrone 2-06.  Armagh were leading 7-0
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Gabriel_Hurl

Tyrone win 4-11 to 0-19

Sounds like a cracker

Captain Obvious

19 points in 60 minutes would be good enough to win most minor games. Depressing day for Armagh football.

orangeman

One of the most entertaining and exciting minor games I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

Armagh lads will be gutted. Armagh were on fire in the first 15 minutes but Tyrone management made the necessary changes and from there to the end it was a pulsating contest.

There definitely is a case for a review of the backdoor for minors in Ulster along the lines of what they have in Munster etc.

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: orangeman on June 10, 2012, 10:36:10 PM
One of the most entertaining and exciting minor games I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

Armagh lads will be gutted. Armagh were on fire in the first 15 minutes but Tyrone management made the necessary changes and from there to the end it was a pulsating contest.

There definitely is a case for a review of the backdoor for minors in Ulster along the lines of what they have in Munster etc.

completely agree...deadly game, adn hard to see any one team loose
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

eriugaMS

Tyrone 13 had MOTM by far. Must have scored 1-5 alone and set up every other score.

How Armagh management did  not get someone else on this lad is unbelievable. And to to think he is only 5-6 and run the show. Is he the new canavan?

orangeman

Quote from: eriugaMS on June 10, 2012, 10:53:20 PM
Tyrone 13 had MOTM by far. Must have scored 1-5 alone and set up every other score.

How Armagh management did get someone else on this lad is unbelievable. And to to think he is only 5-6 and run the show. Is he the new canavan?

He actually scored 2-7. He was on fire.