World Handball Championship 2012 In Dublin

Started by bottom brick, May 27, 2012, 10:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bottom brick

The up coming World Handball Championships 2012 will be staged in Dublin, at a purpose built venue  in Citywest Arena from 11th to 21st October. Ireland will have their largest number of representatives ever, but who will come out on top? Will it be current World Champion Paul Brady,the up and coming Robbie Mcarthy or one of our international visitors such as Luis Moreno or Sean Lenning?
Shoot for dough, pass for show...

Lar Naparka

Good to hear this. I hope to attend a few games.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

bottom brick

I think Brady is still the man to beat alright, barring injury. I predict an all Irish final

bottom brick

Quote from: hardstation on May 27, 2012, 10:34:04 PM
11th - 21st October, as he said.

Hard to look by Brady. Certainly the only Irish player. He is so far ahead if the rest of the country. It'll be a while before McCarthy takes his crown. He made a complete eejit of McCarthy in the AI final.

Would like to see some betting on the ladies open. Aisling Reilly is a cert IMO.
How do you rate Fiona Shannon's chance? Didn't dhe win it last time it was held here?

bottom brick

Quote from: hardstation on May 27, 2012, 11:15:37 PM
I watched her play Aisling in the AI semi. Aisling has far better shots but Fiona tends to be much fitter and is a better mover in the court. I believe Aisling is now working with Ricky McCann who is working her around the court. She was unreal in the nationals and beat Fiona very handy. Still can't really write Fiona out of it as she can turn it on on the big stage whereas Aisling can clam up but IMO if Aisling can keep it together, she'll not be touched.

McCarthy has no mission of beating Brady in the Worlds.
Id say your right about Mcarthy. Tere was a lot of big talk about him before the AI final this year and Brady just destroyed him

bottom brick

Quote from: hardstation on May 27, 2012, 11:26:36 PM
Yeah there was some silly stuff which did nothing but annoy Brady. Saying he'd retire Brady like he did Kennedy. Brady wanted to beat him to nil in the AI and almost did. He was pissed off when Robbie got one point.
Brady will be done one day but it might not be McCarthy who takes over. Some great players coming through. Killian Carroll looks like a smasher.
He does alright, hope he can repeat this years form for the Worlds. What categories will he be entered in? From a Cavan point of view we don't have the same glut of talent coming through that we've had in the last while, but hopefully we can uncover a few gems soon. The Worlds is a great experience for young lads, and will be more accessable this year for the young Irish lads who couldnt have travelled to the States

rosnarun

what about Charlie Shanks . is he the righ hardball/softball/40*20/60*30/ one wall /3 wall combination for this championship?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

bottom brick

Quote from: rosnarun on May 28, 2012, 04:27:37 PM
what about Charlie Shanks . is he the righ hardball/softball/40*20/60*30/ one wall /3 wall combination for this championship?
what?

big balla

How many players are they expecting to enter/ have entered?

Syferus

Lar Naparka

I went to the Citywest last night to see an old friend in action and I was very impressed by what I saw.
Even though it was 10 o'clock when I got there, competitions were still being staged and there were plenty of people about. I was told that there had been upwards of 3,000 there in mid-afternoon and that things have been running like clockwork since the event began.
Couldn't make it today but I hope to get a few hours in tomorrow.

Rois

DuffleKing

Is there a website for all results for this?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: hardstation on October 16, 2012, 11:07:38 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on October 16, 2012, 11:04:17 AM

Is there a website for all results for this?
https://handball.servasport.com/tournament/matches?tid=1
When will the final take place? Saw Brady against Cordova and he is in fine form! Love to cheer him on. (I'm looking for the time.)