Sandwiches

Started by Gazzler, May 26, 2012, 12:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gazzler

Love them.
Can anyone recommend good Deli's that make good sandwiches? Preferably in the 26 counties.
Not the likes of Subway/O'Briens as IMO these are the McDonalds/Burger King of the sandwich world.
The Pig and Heifer in Dublin is one of my favourites especially the Hot Beef sambo.
Anywhere I can get a pulled pork sandwich? Use to eat them all the time in America but can't find a decent place here that does them.

ziggysego

The Sandwich Co, but it's mostly in the north.

www.thesandwichco.com
Testing Accessibility

heganboy

one of the things I miss most in New York is a good sangwich...

doorsteps in Belfast was worth the queueing

though in fairness Katz Deli is pretty good, but just not right. United States of Americans just can't make decent bread
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Hardy

In Cork, it's The Long Valley for legendary sandwiches.

Denn Forever

Is the Swedish Food Co.  still in Dublin?  They were at the bottom of Georges street but I used to love their sandwiches.

Yes they are, thank you Google.
Address: 24 Baggot Street Upper, South City Centre, Dublin 2, Dublin
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BennyCake

Quote from: Gazzler on May 26, 2012, 12:35:39 AM
Love them.
Can anyone recommend good Deli's that make good sandwiches? Preferably in the 26 counties.
Not the likes of Subway/O'Briens as IMO these are the McDonalds/Burger King of the sandwich world.
The Pig and Heifer in Dublin is one of my favourites especially the Hot Beef sambo.
Anywhere I can get a pulled pork sandwich? Use to eat them all the time in America but can't find a decent place here that does them.

Is that you, Joey Tribbiani?  ;D

Puckoon

Ah the humble sandwich. Mighty stuff. I'd a Vietnamese pork sandwich yesterday and it was delicious. Very crusty bread, thin slices of marinated, grilled Vietnamese pork (I've never tasted meat like it, hard to describe), sliced cucumber, and some fresh sliced jalapeño peppers.
A hidden gem of a sandwich.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Puckoon on May 27, 2012, 04:01:56 PM
Ah the humble sandwich. Mighty stuff. I'd a Vietnamese pork sandwich yesterday and it was delicious. Very crusty bread, thin slices of marinated, grilled Vietnamese pork (I've never tasted meat like it, hard to describe), sliced cucumber, and some fresh sliced jalapeño peppers.
A hidden gem of a sandwich.
Probably the pig I saw Bunny blast with a shotgun in Platoon the other night. Tasty.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Hardy on May 26, 2012, 10:58:46 AM
In Cork, it's The Long Valley for legendary sandwiches.

Oh yes indeed, though it's been years since I had one.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

My little lad was caught on Camera at the Tipp game yesterday. Talk about stereotypical Tipp :) Tipp jersey, Brown sun hat, waving his little flag and eating a good aul' ham and butter sandwich :D

ziggysego

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 28, 2012, 10:08:52 AM
My little lad was caught on Camera at the Tipp game yesterday. Talk about stereotypical Tipp :) Tipp jersey, Brown sun hat, waving his little flag and eating a good aul' ham and butter sandwich :D

So that's who that wee cub was! :)
Testing Accessibility

Leo

Wait till I tell ye...
Travelling most weekends from Ab n Dun to Bun Beag, there is a wee filling station on the Strabane side of Sion Mills that makes the freshest sangwich on beautiful granary bread - aw, sometimes I don't even want to go on to Bunbeg, but then ....
Sion Mills???
Who would think of stopping there?
But I do.
Fierce tame altogether

Lar Naparka

You can get a mighty breakfast sandwich at The White House which is halfway between Finglas and Ashbourne on the old road. I go there every Sunday morning with a group of lads to play pitch & putt and a few greedy hoors gobble them up. At a fiver with a pot of teas they are very good value.
I seldom eat the likes because of the high cholesterol content but a few of the gang swear by them.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

5 Sams

The Shelbourne in Newry...not exactly the Carnegie Deli...but.... get a granary sambo or a tomato and herb roll with butter and mayo and either prawns or honey and mustard chicken..it'll cost you the princely sum of £3...and it's sum feed..
The Aristocrat Years

TopofthePops

Deli Lites in Newrys do great sambo's, very filling too :)