Donegal V Derry Ulster Quarter Final June 16th

Started by J70, May 21, 2012, 03:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadence

Quote from: emmetryan on June 17, 2012, 08:37:20 PM
Thanks lads for the comments on the analysis, much appreciated.

killer analysis emmet. written so well.... u r d man!

donegal_abu

Quote from: cadence on June 17, 2012, 08:41:51 PM
Quote from: donegal_abu on June 17, 2012, 07:37:02 PM
Quote from: cadence on June 17, 2012, 06:18:08 PM
Quote from: donegal_abu on June 17, 2012, 04:40:02 PM
Cadence

It wasnt the drink, Neil McGee did score ! And was maiking plenty of burst forward yesterday aswell. Same with McGlynn in the last two games.  alot of rotating going on, neil mcgee and mcglynn making bursts forward and then sometime neil gallgher in watching their place. very promising to have 9 different scoreres yesterday.. not as dependant on murphy and mcfadden... important to have those players that can kick a wee point here and there, cud be crucial in tight game

haha... that's reassuring... i nearly choked on me pint when i saw him score. he can play a bit, and like mcglynn, is as fit as fiddle.... our fitness and physical presence in general looks top notch. we look like we're on a mission. players must be absolutely loving it. i'm hyped up about us and the summer ahead. can't help it. 

the only thing i'm a bit upset about these days is the less mouthin' going on about us. bring back slating donegal!!! more fuel for the fire!!!!!

hahahah :D He's going forward a lot this year... mad a good few runs yesterday ! Good to see him an d frank scoring!! Bth fit as fiddle and able to force their way through anything.. Neil isn't called the ram for nothing!!! Defo look like we're on amission and the boys are in great shape. so fit, strong and mentally prepared. far ahead of where we were this time last year even. Looking good so far. I know derry and cavan have been 2 poor teams so far but we're looking well so we are!

ahahaha your right there.. i'd say it spurs jim & the lads on even more when we're being slated alright!!! Although I was looking on hoganstand forum.. lot of dubs on slating us... I can smell the fear from here haha;)

i thought we've looked in even better shape physically this year too. and i suppose the players have to be. there's no-one being carried because everyone puts a shift in to make it work. it's more nuanced and varied work now though, but it doesn't look like the work rate has dropped significantly. hopefully, in games that are tighter and more challenging physically, it'll mean we have enough in the tank to play hard right to the end. be tough to beat. even the oul dubs, with their penchants for us in our trackies, will be pleasantly surprised if nothing else i'm imagining.   

Ah i'd say there wud be plenty more in the tank when it's needed. they just look so fit and i have heard from people who atteneded training that what they go through on those nights is mental. so intense. we were extrememly fit last year (Kildare game wouldnt have turned out as it did if we werent) and we're even further ahead this year. every man has obviously been putting in hard work in the gym aswell. we will be very hard to break down, especially now that we are scoring more

Orchardman

Donegal won't be beaten this year, sam is for the hills again

rrhf

I can't believe how few headlines they are making.  They are cruising and destroying all in front of them.   I can't see them stopped .

cadence

Quote from: donegal_abu on June 17, 2012, 09:30:58 PM
Quote from: cadence on June 17, 2012, 08:41:51 PM
Quote from: donegal_abu on June 17, 2012, 07:37:02 PM
Quote from: cadence on June 17, 2012, 06:18:08 PM
Quote from: donegal_abu on June 17, 2012, 04:40:02 PM
Cadence

It wasnt the drink, Neil McGee did score ! And was maiking plenty of burst forward yesterday aswell. Same with McGlynn in the last two games.  alot of rotating going on, neil mcgee and mcglynn making bursts forward and then sometime neil gallgher in watching their place. very promising to have 9 different scoreres yesterday.. not as dependant on murphy and mcfadden... important to have those players that can kick a wee point here and there, cud be crucial in tight game

haha... that's reassuring... i nearly choked on me pint when i saw him score. he can play a bit, and like mcglynn, is as fit as fiddle.... our fitness and physical presence in general looks top notch. we look like we're on a mission. players must be absolutely loving it. i'm hyped up about us and the summer ahead. can't help it. 

the only thing i'm a bit upset about these days is the less mouthin' going on about us. bring back slating donegal!!! more fuel for the fire!!!!!

hahahah :D He's going forward a lot this year... mad a good few runs yesterday ! Good to see him an d frank scoring!! Bth fit as fiddle and able to force their way through anything.. Neil isn't called the ram for nothing!!! Defo look like we're on amission and the boys are in great shape. so fit, strong and mentally prepared. far ahead of where we were this time last year even. Looking good so far. I know derry and cavan have been 2 poor teams so far but we're looking well so we are!

ahahaha your right there.. i'd say it spurs jim & the lads on even more when we're being slated alright!!! Although I was looking on hoganstand forum.. lot of dubs on slating us... I can smell the fear from here haha;)

i thought we've looked in even better shape physically this year too. and i suppose the players have to be. there's no-one being carried because everyone puts a shift in to make it work. it's more nuanced and varied work now though, but it doesn't look like the work rate has dropped significantly. hopefully, in games that are tighter and more challenging physically, it'll mean we have enough in the tank to play hard right to the end. be tough to beat. even the oul dubs, with their penchants for us in our trackies, will be pleasantly surprised if nothing else i'm imagining.   

Ah i'd say there wud be plenty more in the tank when it's needed. they just look so fit and i have heard from people who atteneded training that what they go through on those nights is mental. so intense. we were extrememly fit last year (Kildare game wouldnt have turned out as it did if we werent) and we're even further ahead this year. every man has obviously been putting in hard work in the gym aswell. we will be very hard to break down, especially now that we are scoring more

good to hear they look even fitter than last year. that and the tactical changes should make us more of a problem. we'll see how it pans out, but i think you're right though, we'll still be hard to break down and more difficult to stop in attack.     

cadence

@ orchardman and rrhf...

i'm impressed by how we're playing. as far as winning it, i'm guessing the players will have their feet firmly on the ground and they'll be focussed, but i'd want them to have a ruthlessness about them too. confident in themselves that they can go out and impose ourselves in the games ahead. i think it's difficult to say how we'll square up against the usual suspects with our new tactics. the whole are we leaving ourselves too open when we commit to attacks is freaking me out a wee bit. ah, the good aul' days... you knew where you stood with the swarm defence.