Predict the 2012 Leinster SFC winners

Started by BennyCake, May 16, 2012, 12:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the 2012 Leinster Senior Football Championship?

Carlow
3 (6.7%)
Dublin
16 (35.6%)
Kildare
14 (31.1%)
Laois
2 (4.4%)
Longford
4 (8.9%)
Louth
0 (0%)
Meath
3 (6.7%)
Offaly
2 (4.4%)
Westmeath
0 (0%)
Wexford
1 (2.2%)
Wicklow
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: May 20, 2012, 12:48:52 AM

eviemonkey

Not very original maybe but hard to see past a Dublin v Kildare final. Wexford and Meath to provide the opposition at the semi-final stage and both should be competitive affairs but Dublin and Kildare to progress for me.

I think while they may not openly admit it, Kildare could really do with winning a Leinster title. Yes, they have shown an ability to take the qualifier route to reach an All-Ireland Semi-Final which they nearly won but winning Leinster is the next logical progression in their development curve.  Winning it could provide the added sense of inner-belief, however marginal that takes them through the kind of tight games they have lost in the past.

Now for all that I am still not sure they will win it. I would still make Dublin slight favourites. I think were Dublin and Kildare to meet in an earlier round, I'd nearly fancy the Lilywhites. But the draw has worked out ok for Dublin and in a Leinster Final in front of a big crowd I can see them winning by 2 or 3 points.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: gerrykeegan on May 16, 2012, 05:38:41 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 16, 2012, 05:16:14 PM
For pig iron I voted Longford.

If we do win it I will march naked down O'Connell St at midday on 14 Aug 2012 waving a Westmeath flag.

I wouldn't know whether to sit at the top of O'Connell Street and wait for you, or sit at the bottom and see you set off, following you up the street wouldn't feel right.

:D C'mon the Slashers.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 17, 2012, 09:58:34 AM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on May 16, 2012, 05:38:41 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 16, 2012, 05:16:14 PM
For pig iron I voted Longford.

If we do win it I will march naked down O'Connell St at midday on 14 Aug 2012 waving a Westmeath flag.

I wouldn't know whether to sit at the top of O'Connell Street and wait for you, or sit at the bottom and see you set off, following you up the street wouldn't feel right.

:D C'mon the Slashers.

One step closer, I know a lad who does those crowd control barriers, I'll give him a call.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Keane

Dublin are correctly favourites but the 7/2 that was available about Kildare a few weeks ago was a ridiculous price. There'll be nothing between those two on final day.