USFC: Armagh v Tyrone @ MAG. 10/6/12

Started by our_fella, May 15, 2012, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: Orangemac on June 05, 2012, 09:24:59 PM
See Mickey has drafted in this young fella from Eglish to ease Tyrone's injury crisis.

Reports are that he has a great spring and will put Jamie Clarke in his pocket on Sunday.

http://www.u.tv/News/Wallaby-in-the-wild-in-Co-Tyrone/79738496-bed1-486c-8fe6-2b4c5a1c4ca0

::)

Don't believe all the romours you hear bouncing around.

tyroneman

McQuillan was woeful in the Div 2 final. Gave Tyrone nothing.

rrhf

Loving this typical Tyrone modesty and you can see the orangemen getting more bullish about their chances in fact  arrogance and a lack of respect for this tyrone team is evident  from the noisy neighbours. As little mix sang It's not hard to fall when you have a head like a cannonball and youse boyos certainly do.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: tyroneman on June 05, 2012, 10:15:08 PM
McQuillan was woeful in the Div 2 final. Gave Tyrone nothing.

He actually wasn't the league final ref. There seems to be a growing confidence among Armagh fans as the game draws closer. Even in the Tyrone Times today the experts went 7 5 in favour of Armagh, though I think 2 of the experts were from Armagh.

Given the make up of the Tyrone team I don't think its right to say they're a spent force, just like it wasn't in 2008. I wonder are people reading too much into the league final. It seems to be used to judge Tyrone more than the previous 12 games before it.

BennyCake

I honestly can't see anything but a Tyrone win. I just don't think we have the forwards to put up a bigger scoreline than Tyrone.

eriugaMS

was in the Chinese in the Moy tonight and your big lad with all the tattoos was taking the orders like  be damned.....

Anyway in walks Plunkett donaghy with his lovely curls flowing behind him. He asked for a chip butty and when tattoo man said they don't do chip butty's he asked for a fish supper with curry. Anyway, he told me that Micky Harte was on the phone looking to know if he would come out of retirement for next week. He said he might but would check if Eugene McKenna was free first of all.

:)  :)

P.S. Chris.....  just put in the garden (Lawn) has made himself available for selection.....

Tyrone for Sam 2012 (PMSLROFSMFHOIMHO)

tyroneman

QuoteHe actually wasn't the league final ref

Right enough, don't know why I associated him with that match.....Coldrick was bad though.......

It was the Donegal game last year where McQuillan had a real shocker against us

Captain Obvious

Quote from: yellowcard on June 05, 2012, 07:23:10 PM
Also very confident that Armagh can do the business this week. The media have talked up Tyrone all winter with no real good reason. They are a spent force, a top 10 team together with Armagh but no longer All Ireland contendors. Armagh at 2/1 are the bet of the weekend. Ridiculous price considering we are at home, I will be having some of that thank you very much.

It's a great chance to cause upset however so much can happen on the day. This game will need a strong ref.

everymanaman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 06, 2012, 01:43:49 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 05, 2012, 07:23:10 PM
Also very confident that Armagh can do the business this week. The media have talked up Tyrone all winter with no real good reason. They are a spent force, a top 10 team together with Armagh but no longer All Ireland contendors. Armagh at 2/1 are the bet of the weekend. Ridiculous price considering we are at home, I will be having some of that thank you very much.

It's a great chance to cause upset however so much can happen on the day. This game will need a strong ref.

Unfortunately there is unlikely to be a change of referee at this stage and Joe Mc Quillan will still be reffing it.

Onion Bag

Armagh Team Named

1.        PHILIP Mc EVOY
2.        ANDY MALLON
3.        BRENDAN DONAGHY
4.        DECLAN Mc KENNA
5.        AARON KERNAN
6.        CIARAN MC KEEVER
7.        FINNIAN MORIARTY
8.        KIERAN TONER
9.        MALACHY MACKIN
10.        AIDAN FORKER
11.        KEVIN DYAS
12.        ANTO DUFFY
13.        JAMIE CLARKE
14.        BRIAN MALLON
15.        CAOLAN RAFFERTY
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

God14

Must admit, that Armagh defense looks very very strong. There wont be much room or space there at all. Decent midfield as well - Toner is good in the air & Mackin is mobile for a big fella.
However the potency of their forward would give me a bit more encouragement personally.

Havnt seen much of Armagh post Stevie Mac. Who will be taking their frees? Aaron Kernan from the left obviously, but what about the other side?? ... Could have a big bearing in the result.

Since the draw was made I was very confident of a Tyrone victory. That confidence has eroded significantly as the game fast approaches. Sean Cavanagh isnt as big a loss as some make out, he hasnt played well for Tyrone since the 2009 Ulster Final - almost 3 years! Ronan O'Neill likewise as even if fit he wouldnt have started. I dont believe Tommy McGuigan would have started either. Kyle Coneys injury however made me feel sick to the stomach. He was primed for a very big year & without question will be a huge loss.
Any of the Trillick lads shed any light on Mattie Donnellys fitness??
Surely McCurry & McAliskey will not see game time? What message would that send out to Paddy McNiece, JOnny Lafferty & Niall McKenna??

nrico2006

Quote from: God14 on June 06, 2012, 09:32:50 AM
Must admit, that Armagh defense looks very very strong. There wont be much room or space there at all. Decent midfield as well - Toner is good in the air & Mackin is mobile for a big fella.
However the potency of their forward would give me a bit more encouragement personally.

Havnt seen much of Armagh post Stevie Mac. Who will be taking their frees? Aaron Kernan from the left obviously, but what about the other side?? ... Could have a big bearing in the result.

Since the draw was made I was very confident of a Tyrone victory. That confidence has eroded significantly as the game fast approaches. Sean Cavanagh isnt as big a loss as some make out, he hasnt played well for Tyrone since the 2009 Ulster Final - almost 3 years! Ronan O'Neill likewise as even if fit he wouldnt have started. I dont believe Tommy McGuigan would have started either. Kyle Coneys injury however made me feel sick to the stomach. He was primed for a very big year & without question will be a huge loss.
Any of the Trillick lads shed any light on Mattie Donnellys fitness??
Surely McCurry & McAliskey will not see game time? What message would that send out to Paddy McNiece, JOnny Lafferty & Niall McKenna??

I think Ronan O'Neill would have been primed for a big role this summer if he hadn't suffered the injury.  I would like to see Lafferty get the chance as he is big, very fast and can score from distance.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

regal

Quote from: Onion Bag on June 06, 2012, 08:54:18 AM
Armagh Team Named

1.        PHILIP Mc EVOY
2.        ANDY MALLON
3.        BRENDAN DONAGHY
4.        DECLAN Mc KENNA
5.        AARON KERNAN
6.        CIARAN MC KEEVER
7.        FINNIAN MORIARTY
8.        KIERAN TONER
9.        MALACHY MACKIN
10.        AIDAN FORKER
11.        KEVIN DYAS
12.        ANTO DUFFY
13.        JAMIE CLARKE
14.        BRIAN MALLON
15.        CAOLAN RAFFERTY

By my reckoning there are 5 lads making their ulster championship debuts. Not many surprises but you would have to worry about the lack of a right footed free taker. Dyas to drop into defense and bmallon out to occupy pharte?

In reserve, we have:
defense - morgan / duffy
midfield - lavery / hanratty / vernon
forwards - mcparland / mcverry / kingham / tkernan

DuffleKing

Three debutantes by my reckoning? McKenna, forker & Rafferty?

Cold tea

Terrace Tickets for the Armagh v Tyrone will go on
sale to the general public on Wednesday 6th June
between 7.30pm - 9.30pm in the Morgan Athletic Grounds