USFC: Armagh v Tyrone @ MAG. 10/6/12

Started by our_fella, May 15, 2012, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

McGuigan and Canavan came back late in the day in 2005 and it worked out ok then despite the mocking about bringing back Canavan. The young boys were competing with Coney, Cavanagh and O'Neill this year who are all now gone. Makes sense to bring back in a bit of quality to improve the squad. Would welcome another couple of additions.

BennyCake

I spotted Plunkett Donaghy doing star-jumps in the Moy square this evening. Maybe he's had a call from Mickey too?

trileacman

I heard (insert over the hill Tyrone player here) is being called up!!

This joke gets old after a while lads.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

give her dixie

I see on the Edendork  facebook page that McCurry was indeed called up for training tonight. He had a great run for the U21's this year, and sure looks like a good prospect for the future.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

BennyCake

You Tyronies have no sense of humour. Or maybe you're getting worried we might actually beat you?

barelegs

McAliskey was at the session. I think there were two other fresh faces as well.

ONeill

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 31, 2012, 10:38:19 PM
McGuigan and Canavan came back late in the day in 2005 and it worked out ok then despite the mocking about bringing back Canavan. The young boys were competing with Coney, Cavanagh and O'Neill this year who are all now gone. Makes sense to bring back in a bit of quality to improve the squad. Would welcome another couple of additions.

I'm sure Canavan played nearly every game in 2005. Definitely in that first round game in Omagh v Down in the torrential rain.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stew

Quote from: EC Unique on May 31, 2012, 11:29:42 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 31, 2012, 11:19:31 AM
Its a big blow with the injuries but frig all this negativity. Its championship time and what better way to start than with a trip to our big rivals Armagh. We'll beat them, hammer the Donegal robots and go on to win the most unlikely of our 4 All Irelands. Mark Donnelly will run the legs of McKeever next week and Mulligan will produce his best performance in years.

I could see McKeever picking up Harte no matter where Harte starts. I could also see mcKeever getting a red card as his frustrations at Harte giving him a roasting boil over.

Harte will shite himself at the mere sight of McKeever!  :P

Armagh will be alright, if we do lose and dont get to the quarters Paddy will be out and Grimley and geezer will be running the show, ye heard it here first. :)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

loughshore lad

Quote from: ONeill on June 01, 2012, 12:52:17 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 31, 2012, 10:38:19 PM

I'm sure Canavan played nearly every game in 2005. Definitely in that first round game in Omagh v Down in the torrential rain.

That's correct Canavan came off the bench in Omagh against Down to turn the game.

Wee Brian cam back a day or 2 before the Cavan game and came on to steady the ship as Tyrone came from behind to draw with Cavan.

LeoMc

Quote from: stew on June 01, 2012, 01:29:29 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 31, 2012, 11:29:42 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 31, 2012, 11:19:31 AM
Its a big blow with the injuries but frig all this negativity. Its championship time and what better way to start than with a trip to our big rivals Armagh. We'll beat them, hammer the Donegal robots and go on to win the most unlikely of our 4 All Irelands. Mark Donnelly will run the legs of McKeever next week and Mulligan will produce his best performance in years.

I could see McKeever picking up Harte no matter where Harte starts. I could also see mcKeever getting a red card as his frustrations at Harte giving him a roasting boil over.

Harte will shite himself at the mere sight of McKeever!  :P

Armagh will be alright, if we do lose and dont get to the quarters Paddy will be out and Grimley and geezer will be running the show, ye heard it here first. :)

Can ye sort out an apartment in Lurgan for Seanie Johnston?

Redhand Santa

My point was Canavan only came back for the championship and it was after a league semi final defeat to Wexford. There was plenty of talk about Harte being desperate etc then.

heganboy

Quote from: ONeill on May 30, 2012, 10:48:05 AM
I can see Armagh giving Tyrone a right royal hammering (1996), signalling the end of the careers of Gormley, O'Neill, Ricey, Mickey, Philomena Begley, Hugo and Malachi Cush. The Athletic Grounds will reverberate with the delirious applechompers celebrating a long overdue victory over their nemesis or that might be Fearon stomping away from the burger van which was sold out.

Tyrone supporters will be sent home with their collective tail trailing the ground, back to the dreary bumpy roads and the families squabbles over ramparts and loanans. The times are changing. Tyrone's last game was a hammering by Dublin in Dublin. The unmerciful beating the street-urinators will afford us will scar lads forever, like 20 year olds from Mayo now. They look haunted and hunted. "Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio, Armagh for apples, Tyrone for handbags.." Batten down the hatches. It'll be a long cold summer that'll last the rest of our lives. Darkness.

Armagh 3-18
Tyrone 0-9

Or maybe Armagh are middlin. In that case a draw.

O'Neill- is this a whole new generation of Armagh youngsters you're on the wind with?
I thought us auld hands (red or otherwise) would be more likely to sit on the sidelines and then wait for the emergency call up at the end.

Unfortunately for us lovers of apples and oranges we are a long way off being able to compete with Tyrone and the bookies rightly reflect that. The advantages are on the field and especially at this time on the sideline. However, especially given the Tyrone injury issues, the return of the boys of the old brigade, Cross players back etc there are a couple of interesting things playing out at the minute, and Armagh could actually catch Tyrone in the long grass if they have a really bad day. Also given the fact that it is Armagh and Tyrone in the championship, logic goes out the window...

Still Tyrone by 5 (unfortunately) with one handbags incident where we "coulda woulda shoulda" to cling to

I do however vote for a homecoming parade if we bate ye, ya bollix
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

ballymac

TBH it doesnt really matter who wins between Armagh and Tyrone (as long as its Tyrone  :P) none of them are exactly going to go on and treaten Kerry Cork Dublin Kildare Mayo and the likes. Ulster football is definitely on the wane, it needs the likes of Tyrone and Down and Armagh and Donegal when they played a different style, to keep the youngsters interested.

A lot of young fellas/girls have grown up knowing/seeing a great deal of success including All irelands and that generated alot for the GAA in the north, not only in Tyrone but all counties. This level of achievement will need to be maintained to keep the same levels of interest. Sorry a different topic don't want to hi jack. Back to slagging

Sean is not injured, nor is Coney O Neill Mugsy Joe or anyone else in the squad. We will be flying fit come the 10th and Brian is only there to make sure the water gets on quickly. Armagh beware we will be in with the strimmers on the 9th, just to make sure there is no long grass  :D

sandwiches_in_the_boot

http://bit.ly/KQ7E8k

Ulster Herald:
Brian McGuigan has said any potential return for Tyrone won't come until after the June 10 Ulster Championship opener with Armagh.

Despite taking part in an in house training game with the Tyrone senior squad in Clogher on Thursday evening, the Ardboe play-maker has repeated his assertion made to the Ulster Herald this week, that any return to the county set-up won't come before the clash with the Orchard county in the Athletic Grounds.

"It's simply not feasible for me to come in before the Armagh match. The boys who are there have put in a serious effort since before Christmas, and there's no way I'm going to come in this close to the championship and disrupt things," he said this week.

"After the Armagh game we'll look at it properly, see where I'm at, where Tyrone are at, and make a decision which we feel is going to be in everyone's best interests."

Speaking on Friday, McGuigan confirmed that his position remains the same.

The Ardboe man played for 30 minutes in the in-house game, which featured a number of promising club players from around Tyrone, yet to be drafted into the injury-hit senior side.

Mickey Harte's injury headache was further compounded this week after Moy talisman Sean Cavanagh was ruled out for the rest of the season. Ronan O'Neill, Tommy McGuigan and Kyle Coney have also been ruled out the 2012 championship.

It's understood that Peter Harte, Ronan McNabb, Stephen O'Neill and Colm Cavanagh sat out last night's training game, which featured county under-21 stars Conor McAliskey (Clonoe) and Darren McCurry (Edendork), who have impressed for their clubs in this year's All County League campaign.

It's also believed that approaches have been made to a number of recently retired county stars to return for Tyrone, however the Ardboe man appears the only retiree that has heeded Mickey Harte's calls to date.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken