USFC: Armagh v Tyrone @ MAG. 10/6/12

Started by our_fella, May 15, 2012, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

FT Armagh 1-13 Tyrone 0-19 good game well done to both sides.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

moysider

Quality match. Impressive final flourish by Tyrone after looking to be going away from them.

tyroneboi

Quote from: gerrykeegan on June 10, 2012, 05:30:53 PM
game over, Tyrone just upped it at the end..................and they have "go to players" what ever that is Tony

Players you go to when you need scores - self explanatory I would have thought!

rrhf

Captain Obvious

Armagh gave their best shot but wasn't good enough well done Tyrone i can't see anyone stopping them in Ulster now.

stew

Armagh played very well today, that was an excellent game of football and hopefully will shut up Spillane.

What did Brolly say to pish off Tyrone supporters this time?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Entertaining match and pretty free flowing apart from a wee spell in the second half. I thought Tyrone were lucky enough to win it in the end, Armagh deserved to pull level and at that point Tyrone gave up possession 3 or 4 times whilst on the attack and were inviting Armagh onto them. Armagh looked more likely to win at that point. Credit where it's due though, Tyrone got the crucial scores when it mattered at the end with Petey Harte showing great composure when on the ball, unlike some of his teammates in the previous few minutes. Plenty to work on for Tyrone but a good victory.

GTB

Basically that Tyrone are boring blah blah, he has served his wind up purpose >:(

GTB

Big Joe was impressive in the full back line - Murphy at mid field was not.

A good game which will serve both counties well

Whishtup

Tyrone lucky to get away with that one, altough Armagh lacked a scoring threat outside of Clarke.  I'd say Tyrone psychologically stepped down a gear when Dyas was sent off-took it for granted.  Have to say that whatever Brolly says, I feel that Tyrone showed a maturity in getting on with it after shipping a lot of persistent niggly fouls- a virtue missing in other years where they might have lost the head a bit. 
      Tyrone not as far ahead of Armagh as the commentators would have you believe only Armagh need more firepower.  Priceless to see O'Neill make a Laurel and Hardy of McKeever and Mackin in the first half!  Some of the newer Tyrone players lack a small bit of experience at crunch-time in matches, I'm sure Mickey will work on that.
     All in all, a good pacy game, much different to the Munster one

Oraisteach

Didn't get to see it thanks to Premium Sports (&%@@#$ them), but from what I heard Tyrone seemed to maximize their points-scoring chances and deserved the win.  McParland sounded impressive.  Did anyone think that sticking King Kong in the square did any good?  Well, soft teams in the qualifiers--Kerry, Galway. . . . double drat!

EC Unique

Quote from: Oraisteach on June 10, 2012, 06:38:43 PM
Didn't get to see it thanks to Premium Sports (&%@@#$ them), but from what I heard Tyrone seemed to maximize their points-scoring chances and deserved the win.  McParland sounded impressive.  Did anyone think that sticking King Kong in the square did any good?  Well, soft teams in the qualifiers--Kerry, Galway. . . . double drat!

The only thing of worth the big man on the edge of the square did today was con tyre ref into a free in and a yellow card for joe mc. After that he had the ball broken away from him easily enough.

orangeman

Quote from: Hashtag on June 10, 2012, 10:37:42 AM
Ronan McNabb not fit to start. Aidan Cassidy replaces him at MF with Joseph McMahon operating in the half forward line, playing McNabb's role. #leaked

Bad leak.

JP

Quote from: Oraisteach on June 10, 2012, 06:38:43 PM

Kingham had 3 big balls launched into him. The first one he knocked down to a Tyrone player and don't he touched the ball again after that :/ Toner, Clarke and Duffy were the best Armagh players imo. Was very disappointed with Mackin.