USFC: Fermanagh v Down: Brewster Park: 3/6/12

Started by DownFanatic, May 15, 2012, 10:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 31, 2012, 10:52:08 PM
From Official Down GAA.
James names his side to face Fermanagh and has named one debutant from the Clonduff Club Arthur Mc Conville in the full forward position and Darren O' Hagan on his third
appearance in the championship gets the corner back position .

1 Brendan McVeigh
2 Daniel McCartan
3 Brendan McArdle
4 Darren O'Hagan
5 Aiden Branagan
6 Kevin McKernan
7 Conor Garvey
8 Ambrose Rogers
9 Kalum King
10 Daniel Hughes
11 Mark Poland
12 Aidan Carr
13 Conor Laverty
14 Arthur McConville
15 Conor Maginn

Weakest Down Championship team in years.

Should we expect a shock on the cards?

Mid Down Gael

western exile

The points are well made by posters regarding the strong footballers who are missing from the Down squad for various reasons.  However the weakness of the selection for today is exaggerated.
For example,  12 of today's starting 15 beat All-Ireland champions Dublin only a few weeks ago.  And only 3 of them started when they lost  v. Fermanagh at this fixture 3 years ago.
Even allowing for some players short of match practice, and even allowing for possible wet weather, there should be no surprise result. The favourites might struggle, but should win.

EC Unique

Good luck to Peter in his first county senior championship match as a manager. First of many I would guess.

GAA_Talk

Quote from: Link on June 03, 2012, 12:46:06 PM
Is this on tv?

Deferred coverage on BBC2 at 7.30 which I doubt many will be watching as the game will be long over with the result already known to most.

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

outinfront

AQMP

Hate to say it but Fermanagh were woeful.  Down could have won that by 15 if they wanted to.

gortnaleck

I cant find the game ,just some program About Singapore in 1942

Captain Obvious

One point by Fermanagh in 34 minutes no wonder they lost.

John o connor

Quote from: hardstation on June 03, 2012, 07:17:41 PM
Fermanagh should be fcuked off with the ref after seeing the 1st 10 minutes here. Tomas Corrigan getting the shit kicked out of him - Conor Garvey and Dan McCartan did as bad as Keenan. Another boy punched Marty McGrath in the face.
Quote from: hardstation on June 03, 2012, 07:25:27 PM
I don't usually mind Sidebottom but he has been a right pain in the hole this last 20 minutes.

Any more words of wisdom on the game you prat

Jinxy

Quote from: gortnaleck on June 03, 2012, 07:37:05 PM
I cant find the game ,just some program About Singapore in 1942

Was it any good?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Agent Orange