This is not a breach of Rule 5

Started by Hardy, May 13, 2012, 08:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ziggysego on May 14, 2012, 12:06:47 PM
Bingo, calm down dear, it's only an internet thread.

It's not an anti-soccer thread, it's an anti-soccer thread, taking up the whole first page of the non-GAA Discussion section.

BTW, I was out with a 50 year old Brazilian over the weekend. He says that he much prefers Belfast to Dublin. Dublin tries to hard with for tourist, wellas Belfast doesn't. If only he knew.

I think you meant to say it's an anti soccer thread thread ziggy.  50 year old Brazilian, sounds a bit dodgy :-*

Nally Stand

Quote from: Bingo on May 14, 2012, 11:50:44 AM
Away with this soccer hating shite, no rule that says you can't enjoy both.

We had a senior club game yesterday at 4pm, so effectively everyone at it hardly seen a kick of a ball. Wasn't a player missing including injured players and all the usual faces in the crowd including some people that would be very keen United men.

Its a sport, regardless of the background or origins, people can enjoy it.

I can't speak for anyone else on it, but for myself, it has nothing to do with soccer's background or origins. It's to do with the fact that to me, soccer is just an abysmally boring game which is over hyped to the extreme and is played for 90 excruciatingly long minutes by mercenaries and drama queens who would fall over in a stiff breeze (and this fall is then followed up by a half hour discussion on whether it was in fact a dive, or whether there was a enough miniscule contact made to term it a foul). Jaysus every time Uinted or Liverpool play, I avoid facebook etc like the plague. At the time this thread was started, there were at least ten soccer threads on page on of Non-GAA discussion. It never ends!!! Only so much I can hear about it each week without cracking up. I like to watch Ireland in the Euros or World Cup and the bit of atmosphere which that generates across the country, but outside of that I'd sooner watch curling.

Beautiful game my hole.

Rarely would yesterdays drama be matched in other sports.

Rarely does it happen in soccer either.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

thebigfella

It's not an anti-soccer thread, it's an anti-soccer thread, taking up the whole first page of the non-GAA Discussion section.

BTW, I was out with a 50 year old Brazilian over the weekend. He says that he much prefers Belfast to Dublin. Dublin tries to hard with for tourist, wellas Belfast doesn't. If only he knew.

How is Wagner getting on after the Xfactor anyway?

Hardy

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 14, 2012, 12:17:13 PMdrama queens who would fall over in a stiff breeze (and this fall is then followed up by a half hour discussion on whether it was in fact a dive, or whether there was a enough miniscule contact made to term it a foul).

Unfortunately, we're rapidly sliding down the same slope in our own sport. See the Canavan thread. I'd blame soccer, except that would be like Seve blaming his caddy instead of blaming himself for listening to him.

Bingo

I am quite calm darling.

Its a common GAA theme mind, if another sport ie soccer, seems to be grabbing the headlines, there is a thread like this to have a wee moan. It seems a natural GAA defence.

Hard to beat the Brazilians.

Hardy

Both what? Soccer and everything else? That seems to be roughly the breakdown of topics that interest the gaaboard community: soccer 50%; everything else 50%.

Hardy

Bump back down there, Merchandise United.

Bingo

Quote from: Hardy on May 14, 2012, 12:32:50 PM

Both what? Soccer and everything else? That seems to be roughly the breakdown of topics that interest the gaaboard community: soccer 50%; everything else 50%.

if thats the split then so be it, thats what people want to post about and comment on.

My "both" reference is more to do with the hardliners who would still have you banned from GAA activity for liking the soccer, probably not related to the opening post in fairness.

Donnellys Hollow

I wonder will Joe Duffy be discussing this incident from the weekend's soccer on Liveline this afternoon and will Tubridy be asking various guests on Friday night for their opinions of it?

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hardy

Premier Emperor

Quote from: Hardy on May 14, 2012, 12:55:49 PM
What's going on there?
Someone is throwing Lucozade onto the pitch to help out a thirsty player.

Bingo

What's going on there?

Sligo V Shamrock rovers at the weekend. Sligo winning 2-0 and some sc**bag in the crowd threw a lucozade bottle at a sligo player.

Donnellys Hollow

What's going on there?

Not really sure. I thought initially it was a Tyrone county league fixture but it turns out it's some soccer match. I'm sure the Indo will fill me in on the facts.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Gazzler

Awful waste of Lucozade.
I wouldn't mind if it was the yellow Lucozade but not the hangover busting original Lucozade.

camanchero

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 14, 2012, 12:17:13 PM
Rarely does it happen in soccer either.
happens often enough in Gaelic football
can immediately think of the donegal v kildare qualifier and Dublin v kerry Final that were equal to the manchester drama yesterday.

as for those soccer pictures- I find the young lad in the crowd on the right hand side front row amusing.
standing there and when the player gets hit by the bottle hs starts to rais his two fingers obv to mock the 'assaulted' player.
what a nice chap !!