Ballaghaderreen - what is the gig?

Started by Aaron Boone, May 11, 2012, 10:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

Im not going anywhere lar na parka or should that read lar na multi million euro wasted Mchale parka?

deiseach

You told me this thread was immortal!
O green-life-conquering thread!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: LeoMc on February 27, 2015, 08:31:51 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 26, 2015, 11:51:09 PM
The thought of Tommy Tom Tom managing the U21s has left him in a total state of chassis.
He is not responsible for his actions for a while in.
What is a total state of chassis???
"total state of chassis" = a state of irrationality, imbecility, general disorientation and teetotal bewilderment.
(ie Rossfan's mind)
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

deiseach

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 27, 2015, 09:32:13 AM
The thought of Tommy Tom Tom managing the U21s has left him in a total state of chassis.
"total state of chassis" = a state of irrationality, imbecility, general disorientation and teetotal bewilderment.
(ie Rossfan's mind)

Ye're nothin' but a prognosticator, a procrastinator!

LeoMc

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 27, 2015, 09:32:13 AM
(ie Rossfan's mind)

Ahh. The opposite of a state of stasis then.

giveballaghback

So lar na broken down pairca is a phyc....... feck it I mean head doctor as well as a teacher.

Maroon Manc

Can anyone clear this up, would a player from Ballaghaderrren Gaa club qualify for Roscommon based on the relatively new parentage rule if their parents were from Ballaghaderren or would they not because in GAA terms Ballaghaderren is a Mayo club?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 10, 2015, 05:25:44 PM
Can anyone clear this up, would a player from Ballaghaderrren Gaa club qualify for Roscommon based on the relatively new parentage rule if their parents were from Ballaghaderren or would they not because in GAA terms Ballaghaderren is a Mayo club?

Jaysus it had just quietened down too. You'll set it off again. ;D

Rossfan

Can anyone clear this up, would a player from Ballaghaderrren Gaa club qualify for Roscommon based on the relatively new parentage rule if their parents were from Ballaghaderren or would they not because in GAA terms the club based in Ballaghaderren, Co Roscommon is classed as a Mayo club?
No. because of the bit in bold.
What is the relatively new parentage rule?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on April 10, 2015, 05:36:01 PM
Can anyone clear this up, would a player from Ballaghaderrren Gaa club qualify for Roscommon based on the relatively new parentage rule if their parents were from Ballaghaderren or would they not because in GAA terms the club based in Ballaghaderren, Co Roscommon is classed as a Mayo club?
No. because of the bit in bold.
What is the relatively new parentage rule?

Your parents home club . James kilcullen , Sligo would be a recent example.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

seafoid

Ballaghaderreen is very like Joe Brolly- you either love the setup or hate it

giveballaghback

This little country of ours has always had landlords, gombeen men, tans, and land grabbers, Mayo qualify on a few of those fronts.

Shrewdness

The current Ballagh Senior Panel hasn't one player imo who would get on the Roscommon senior panel, apart from a fit Andy Moran at a push. Yet go a couple of miles out the Dublin road and you find Western Gaels who currently supply Cathal Cregg, Kevin Higgins, Seanie Mc Dermott, Ciaran Cafferky and Donal Ward. Enough said.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 10, 2015, 10:44:38 PM
The current Ballagh Senior Panel hasn't one player imo who would get on the Roscommon senior panel, apart from a fit Andy Moran at a push. Yet go a couple of miles out the Dublin road and you find Western Gaels who currently supply Cathal Cregg, Kevin Higgins, Seanie Mc Dermott, Ciaran Cafferky and Donal Ward. Enough said.

The question is how many of them would make the Mayo Panel?  :P

larryin89

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 10, 2015, 10:44:38 PM

I don't care for the Ballagh argument it's done to death in here and elsewhere , my nearest town down home is Ballagh and I'm often in it and nobody talks about it like is done in here , honestly it's not a topic other than maybe after a Mayo v Ross game with a dozen pints swallowed.

Getting back to your post shrewdness , I honestly think Ye are getting carried away with yourselves but if the truth be known that suits me fine. The players you mention have never made an impression in a match against Mayo and to add to that all these young meneen like murtaghs , smiths etc albeit they are admittedly progressing well they have not being tested at the top level . That will be your ultimate test in about 14/15 weeks time against Galway or Mayo in the connacht final.

These promised revolutions can often end up being an almighty anti climax . Like I said I know a lot of Rossies and it wasn't that long ago ,they were Rubin the hands together at the prospect of beating Galway in hyde park , was it 3 years ago I think and Galway came out of the blocks and landed ye on yer backsides .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .