Started by Aaron Boone, May 11, 2012, 10:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Sadly Seanie that is so very true.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 15, 2012, 03:36:36 PM
There will be no change in anything that could negatively impact Mayo until there is regime change in Ballyhaunis.

Are you suggesting the Rossies need to put boots on the ground?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

joemamas

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 15, 2012, 03:18:08 PM
Hello everybody, 8)

So how many checked this post thinking sligonian took the bait by MGHUS on bellaghy.......

I have. It is only a matter of pages before you do.

GalwayBayBoy

There will be no change in anything that could negatively impact Mayo until there is regime change in Ballyhaunis.

WHO ME?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 15, 2012, 03:18:08 PM
Hello everybody, 8)

So how many checked this post thinking sligonian took the bait by MGHUS on bellaghy.......

I'll take that as a bite  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross4life

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 15, 2012, 01:51:36 PM
Quote from: ross4life on May 14, 2012, 04:01:29 PM
I will always consider myself and always do condisder myself having returned to Mayo (when driving from Dublin) when I come within a few kilometres East of Ballagh.
I'd say when you go into a Irish pub in England you probably consider it Mayo also.

Sean Kilbride is a decent man.
I went to Nathys with him so I can vouch for that.
However, with the greatest respect, Sean Kilbride isn't posting here and even if he was, you can't expect me or anybody else to keep tabs on anything that was written about him or by him last summer.
Besides, what you've quoted is an expression of Sean Kilbride's philosophy, which doesn't necessarily imply that you share his views.
Maybe you could point out to me any instance in this thread or any other on the same subject where any of the "Ballagh is our, give it back at once" brigade admitted that the pro-Mayo faction has any rights at all.
(Anything written since I first brought the matter up in an earlier reply to Turlough doesn't count.)
I think it would be an instance of democracy in action to allow the club members have the ultimate say.
What's wrong with that?
BTW, in regard to the name calling and general slagging, if you care to consider the matter in greater detail you will find that about 90% of this puerile behaviour is coming from your side of the border.
I don't mind it at all because it means the hoor on the other side is rattled but I use it as a means of payback in similar coin.
"The fox always smells his own tail first," was a saying we had in Nathys and I think it's an apt one to use here.

The piece i posted was article written in the build up to the Connacht final last summer seeing that you were on the thread & went to Nathys imagined it would have caught your eye.

The views held by Sean Kilbride are the same by the majority of rossies. Ballaghaderreen is Co Roscommon that's not going to change & Ballaghaderreen players playing for Mayo isn't going to change either but like Turlough said a compromise should be reached that allows the people of Ballagh to choose which county they can play for & seeing that you have already agreed with Turlough i think we can move on in that regard.

P.S I wouldn't expect sheepophiles comments to come from a guy the same age as Sean Kilbride young at heart perhaps?
I imagine that you are a bit younger than most who are posting on this thread and maybe some of what is going on is going over your head.
The main thing is don't let any of this upset you too much. Things are never as bad as they seem.
I'm a bit busy right now but I'll get back on board this evening maybe I will be able to explain a few matters that seem to be causing you bother.

Unless everyone here are in their 50s,60s then maybe i am younger. Nothing bothering me everything well above board. How about yourself all ok? at your age you could be suffering from a mid life crisis.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 15, 2012, 04:42:43 PM

WHO ME?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

spuds

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 15, 2012, 01:51:36 PM
Quote from: ross4life on May 14, 2012, 04:01:29 PM
I will always consider myself and always do condisder myself having returned to Mayo (when driving from Dublin) when I come within a few kilometres East of Ballagh.
I'd say when you go into a Irish pub in England you probably consider it Mayo also.

Sean Kilbride is a decent man.
I went to Nathys with him so I can vouch for that.
However, with the greatest respect, Sean Kilbride isn't posting here and even if he was, you can't expect me or anybody else to keep tabs on anything that was written about him or by him last summer.
Besides, what you've quoted is an expression of Sean Kilbride's philosophy, which doesn't necessarily imply that you share his views.
Maybe you could point out to me any instance in this thread or any other on the same subject where any of the "Ballagh is our, give it back at once" brigade admitted that the pro-Mayo faction has any rights at all.
(Anything written since I first brought the matter up in an earlier reply to Turlough doesn't count.)
I think it would be an instance of democracy in action to allow the club members have the ultimate say.
What's wrong with that?
BTW, in regard to the name calling and general slagging, if you care to consider the matter in greater detail you will find that about 90% of this puerile behaviour is coming from your side of the border.
I don't mind it at all because it means the hoor on the other side is rattled but I use it as a means of payback in similar coin.
"The fox always smells his own tail first," was a saying we had in Nathys and I think it's an apt one to use here.

The piece i posted was article written in the build up to the Connacht final last summer seeing that you were on the thread & went to Nathys imagined it would have caught your eye.

The views held by Sean Kilbride are the same by the majority of rossies. Ballaghaderreen is Co Roscommon that's not going to change & Ballaghaderreen players playing for Mayo isn't going to change either but like Turlough said a compromise should be reached that allows the people of Ballagh to choose which county they can play for & seeing that you have already agreed with Turlough i think we can move on in that regard.

P.S I wouldn't expect sheepophiles comments to come from a guy the same age as Sean Kilbride young at heart perhaps?
I imagine that you are a bit younger than most who are posting on this thread and maybe some of what is going on is going over your head.
The main thing is don't let any of this upset you too much. Things are never as bad as they seem.
I'm a bit busy right now but I'll get back on board this evening maybe I will be able to explain a few matters that seem to be causing you bother.
In the meantime watch out as there are two mad Meath buckos on the loose and running wild out around Carracastle or thereabouts.
Talk about wolves among sheep!
Maybe you should carry a pointy wooden stake and a few cloves of garlic with you in case you bump into that gruesome twosome.
Maybe Farrandeelin should back off too.  That poor lad is as innocent as any Mayo forward who ever tried mixing it with a Meath back.
When I come back this evening I'll bring the Parish Priest and a bucket of holy water and with a biteen of luck, he might manage to exorcise the pair of them.
Great stuff Lar, you tell 'em !
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Syferus

Speaking of people in frocks, the Bishop of Achonry has been stum on this whole topic. Sitting right there in town, overlooking the mess from his newly refurbished bell tower. Surely this new, go-getting bishop can solve this issue? Or has he sided with the enemy>:(

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Syferus on May 15, 2012, 07:24:51 PM
Speaking of people in frocks, the Bishop of Achonry has been stum on this whole topic. Sitting right there in town, overlooking the mess from his newly refurbished bell tower. Surely this new, go-getting bishop can solve this issue? Or has he sided with the enemy>:(

Well he can sod off for a start. It's the Gaelic Athletic Association not the Roman Catholic Church.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Syferus

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 15, 2012, 10:10:24 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 15, 2012, 07:24:51 PM

Well he can sod off for a start. It's the Gaelic Athletic Association not the Roman Catholic Church.

That never stopped them before  ;)

TacadoirArdMhacha

A great thread and a fascinating issue. As an outsider, it would appear that the only logical solution would be to allow Ballaghdeeren players to play for either Mayo or Roscommon but logic is so rarely applied to disagreements of such a wonderfully "Irish" nature.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Croí na hÉireann

Ye're all mad, Ballaghaderreen is a hole, ye should be fighting to get rid of it.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

Westmeath would be better off if you joined your soulmates in Connacht too.
I've always said you lack the necessary sophistication to make it in this province.
Look at the ambition and drive of Longford.
Now THERE'S a Leinster team.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Croí na hÉireann

Sure no one has any interest in Connacht. Just look at Sligo a couple of years ago, beat Galway and Mayo and then threw the final. The place is an embarrassment.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...