Ulster Championship Latest Odds

Started by Orangemac, May 08, 2012, 10:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

regal

Quote from: PAULD123 on May 11, 2012, 09:31:55 AM
Quote from: regal on May 10, 2012, 10:55:42 PM
You can put a line through armagh and derry when looking at who will win the ulster title. There should be a monaghan v down semi final and i would fancy monaghan to get to the final. I would fancy them to win it if they weren't playing tyrone. They always disappoint when the pressue has been on over recent years - perhaps less pressure now with such a dismal year and a half under eamon mcenaney.

Strange comment. You expect Monaghan to win after "a dismal year and a half", and having just been relegated twice in a row? Whereas Down have reached and All-Ireland final and have finished top 4 in Division 1 for two years running. So all this information somehow makes Monaghan more likely to win?????

Incidentally I would be confident of Down beating Monaghan in a semi-final. But I am much more worried about another balls-up in Brewster Park like 2009. Unlike Monaghan, Fermanagh have had anything but a dismal season and are full of confidence.

Fair enough points but you couldn't argue that down were really ever a top 4 or top 8 team over the last 2 years. Monaghan have players at least as good as down and I just have a fancy that they will at least get to an ulster final. Down have a few unfortunate injuries which wont help but I would still fancy them to beat Fermanagh.