Tattoos - am I the only person without one?

Started by Aaron Boone, May 04, 2012, 09:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: ziggysego on May 05, 2012, 03:51:39 PM
Considered it for a long, but decided against. Grew a beard instead.

Instead?

The Gs Man

Once you get one, you're hooked. It's a rush.
Keep 'er lit

Don Johnson

Haven't got one and I never will. Don't see the appeal.

I have three brothers and one sister, all have hideous ones.

One of them has a tattoo of Che Guevara but could write everything he knows about Che on the back of a stamp.

I do enjoy hearing stories of people getting the name of a loved one inked on them only for them to break up later.

Arthur_Friend

Never could understand why people get something tattooed on themselves in a foreign language, e.g. Japanese. Why the f**k would you do that?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on May 05, 2012, 10:14:11 PM
Never could understand why people get something tattooed on themselves in a foreign language, e.g. Japanese. Why the f**k would you do that?

Its probably just the Sushi menu.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hardy on May 05, 2012, 07:33:12 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 05, 2012, 03:51:39 PM
Considered it for a long, but decided against. Grew a beard instead.

Instead?
Yeah he was originally gonna get a beard tatooed on. Saves on maintenance.

Captain Obvious

Date of birth in roman numerals is another tattoo i can't understand.

LeoMc

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 05, 2012, 11:13:56 PM
MM=2000
MCM=1900 :P

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 05, 2012, 11:13:56 PM
X = 10, V = 5, I = 1 etc. It's really not that difficult  ;)

ballinaman

Have a mate who has "no regrets" in latin on his back. Says now though he kinda regrets getting it done tho ;D ;D

The Worker

thejuice

I don't think I've ever seen a tattoo I ever liked.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

BennyCake

I think a few years ago people got tattoos to become individual or unique. These day, I think you're more individual if you don't have tattoos.

Not my thing. Never were. Never will be.

Aerlik

I remember an Canadian mate being refused entry to a Japanese onsen for having a tattoo.  In Oz there is a huge fad (and I use that word deliberately) for full sleeve tats.  Look like shit and so 'unindividual'.  Got a mate who regularly goes to Bali to get inked.  His latest is his rather huge back.

The best I have seen was on an old bloke here in Oz.  It was written in Thai.  I asked him what it meant and he said "if you can read this I'll buy you a drink."  A week later and several repeats of same question, I gave up.  Turned out that that is exactly what it meant.  Needless to say, he didn't have to buy many drinks.

To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!