Tattoos - am I the only person without one?

Started by Aaron Boone, May 04, 2012, 09:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 04, 2012, 10:42:49 PM
Ultimate nightmare for any father is his daughter getting a tr**p stamp.

Ultimate nightmare for any daughter is realising daddy has a tr**p stamp.

Many decent artists won't even do it now. It's readily being confined to the history books along with the barbed wire arm band.

ross4life

Quote from: Puckoon on May 04, 2012, 10:43:35 PM
Quote from: ross4life on May 04, 2012, 10:36:00 PM
I don't have any intention of ever getting a tattoo. I actually went into the Miami ink place with my friend a few weeks ago, he was quoted 200 dollars a hour for the one he wanted done. It made me think i'll have to get into the tattoo business.

See the OP. The likes of the Jodie Marsh tattoo apprentice TV show is a blemish on hardworking tattooers who have put in years and years of apprenticeship and developed a trade and a serious reputation and a client base. Unfortunately any gobshite can think what you just typed (I imagine you were being tounge in cheek) and can open a tattoo parlour these days and many are doing so due to the heavily edited glory of TV shows such as Miami Ink, London Ink and NY Ink. It is leading to a lot of really bad work and a saturation of good artists work with junk artists who will tattoo people for cheap. Unfortunately some people are still persuaded with this permanent form on the basis of price. Bad decision #1 (or #2, if its not your thing, or you don't see the point).
You would have imagined right Puck. Miami ink have excellent art work on display from talking to them they have years & years of experience but are certainly using their fame now in the pricing.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

They are stupid things in my opinion (exception if they have historic significance in some cultures). I have learnt that you don't let your opinion on tattoos be expressed (if its negative) on front of women if your looking for the ride. I now pretend to like them and think in my head, you are hot but would be so much hotter if you didn't have that self-inflicted mutilation (in my head of course), well even I can keep my opinions to myself for the ride.

Women these days seem to think they are sexy and make them hotter, but I personally think that they make a good looking (or any woman) look a little less hot.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Having worked in a mainly protestant industry (engineering) I always noticed that the lads kept getting tattoos!! I know taigs with them also but plenty more prods. I'd say in my classes that 90% of the kids have tattoos, spending over 500 quid on them.

So my thoughts are, is it mainly prods that get them? How many posters have a tattoo?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 05, 2012, 09:31:04 AM
Having worked in a mainly protestant industry (engineering) I always noticed that the lads kept getting tattoos!! I know taigs with them also but plenty more prods. I'd say in my classes that 90% of the kids have tattoos, spending over 500 quid on them.

So my thoughts are, is it mainly prods that get them? How many posters have a tattoo?

i have a couple nothing wild like, My favourite 1 is the sam maguire across my chest exact dimensions love it i do love it.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Tony Baloney

Is highlighted hair more prevalent among prods too? I remember in the 80s when McCoist had some blonde highlights they were all at it.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 05, 2012, 10:56:14 AM

Is highlighted hair more prevalent among prods too? I remember in the 80s when McCoist had some blonde highlights they were all at it.

It probably is, I reckon it helps to emphasize the closenes of their eyes.

Gold

100% it is. Gazza had it too when he was at Rangers.

Even lot of Ulster/Methody type Rugby boys have the blonde highlights and collars up

As for tattoos--dunno if it's a religious thing. Tattoos suit some people, not all.

May be more a class thing (in sociology we were taught that 'the criminal class' were more likely to have tattoos. Whatever the f that means. As were sailors

Some sexy star tattoos knocking about girls these days --always wonder what they'll think of them when they are 60 odd though
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Milltown Row2

Just a thought, having worked in that environment It was just something I picked up on. Was mainly a working class thing anyways so it probably will be just as prevalent in both sides.

As for the highlights in the hair, never did and not able to now, though I have a lot of white going on, on the bits I have left :(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stew

Never had one, never will, they look like shite imo.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Puckoon

I hope that by the time I reach 60, and beyond, that my only concern in life is if my tattoos still look ok or if they look like shit. If they look like shit and that's all I have to worry about, I'll be happy enough.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Puckoon on May 05, 2012, 02:16:22 PM
I hope that by the time I reach 60, and beyond, that my only concern in life is if my tattoos still look ok or if they look like shit. If they look like shit and that's all I have to worry about, I'll be happy enough.

Once you Like them Puck thats all that matters
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ziggysego

Considered it for a long, but decided against. Grew a beard instead.
Testing Accessibility