Mickey Harte in control for another 3years.

Started by supersarsfields, May 02, 2012, 10:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheamy

EC Unique

Quote1.  scundered: In Belfast and environs this means 'embarassed' but in mid-ulster it means 'annoyed' or 'frustrated'
I was so scundered at work today

AhJaysusRef

How do such uncultured and primitive phrases enter everyday language.

Why does someone from Tyrone have to be the loudest person in the vicinity.

neanderthals

omagh_gael

You beat me to it HS. I have been pulled up on this board about my (Improper) use of the word doubt. However, would this be more common in us west Tyronies? Or are our eastern brothers also doubtly challenged? IMO, I doubt the rest of you are all using the word doubt wrong anyway.

nrico2006

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 04, 2012, 11:27:40 AM
Know people from the lurgan area they used to get confused when i said i scundered!

Lurgan defo: embarassed
Tyrone defo: bored/pissed off

Anyone settle this argument??

I know your Tyrone interpretation is accurate at least.  I called a few Lurgan boys 'ball eaters' the other week, hadn't a clue what I was on about.  There are a few wannabe smart Alecs in Lurgan who like to try and correct me when I say 'mines' or if I am referring to an area behind houses as the 'backs' and not 'back'.  Also, fond of calling a young person a 'child' as opposed to a 'waine/wayne...etc'.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hardy

Quote from: AQMP on May 04, 2012, 11:59:22 AM
Quote from: Hardy on May 04, 2012, 10:04:30 AM
Don't want to start a thread for something trivial, so since this seems to be the catch-all thread of the moment - does anyone know what today's Google logo is about?

Keith Haring would have been 54 today...apparently

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Haring

Thanks AQMP. I figured it was something obscure.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hardy on May 04, 2012, 02:34:55 PM

Just let the cursor hover over the graphics (for any of them) and all will be revealed.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

AQMP

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 04, 2012, 03:00:34 PM

Just let the cursor hover over the graphics (for any of them) and all will be revealed.

Sssshhh!

EC Unique

Hardy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 04, 2012, 03:00:34 PM

To quote a famous philosopher - D'oh!

Orchardman

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 04, 2012, 01:03:09 PM
You beat me to it HS. I have been pulled up on this board about my (Improper) use of the word doubt. However, would this be more common in us west Tyronies? Or are our eastern brothers also doubtly challenged? IMO, I doubt the rest of you are all using the word doubt wrong anyway.

Most people in armagh that i know would also use the word 'doubt' in this way, in fact i just thought it was commonplace throughout ireland, and indeed the whole world

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on May 04, 2012, 11:30:40 AM
Embarrassed for everyone apart from people from Tyrone.

Annoyed for everyone outside of Goodfellas.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on May 04, 2012, 11:30:40 AM
Embarrassed for everyone apart from people from Tyrone.
Wrong. Would primarily be bored/pissed off for me. "He's a f**king scunner", "I'm scunnered listening to that cnut" etc. I'm thankfully not from Tyrone.

Tony Baloney

It's wrong in the previous posts that is why.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 03, 2012, 12:08:17 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 02, 2012, 11:55:42 PM
Surely his position will come into question when Tyrone are hammered by Armagh in the Morgan Athletic Grounds.

Yeah, 2022 will be pushing it a bit all right!  ;)

Sure why will anyone be interested in that division 4 game, when they are looking forward to Mayo beating their annual All-Ireland Final punch bags Kerry in the All-Ireland Final as they go for a record breaking 8-in-a-row.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.