Maigh Eo Vs Corcaigh, 29ú Aibreáin 2012 @ 1600, Pairc an Chrocaigh

Started by macdanger2, April 23, 2012, 05:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam2011

The Cork Senior Football team to play Mayo in Sunday's Allianz League Final at 4pm at Croke Park will line out as follows:

1. Alan Quirke
                  Valley Rovers

2. Ray Carey            3. Michael Shields          4. Eoin Cadogan
Clyda Rovers         St. Finbarrs                Douglas

5. Noel O'Leary    6. Graham Canty       7. Paudie Kissane
Cill na Martra         Bantry Blues                Clyda Rovers

8. Pearse O'Neill       9. Alan O'Connor
      Aghada                    St. Colum's

10. Fintan Goold    11. Patrick Kelly       12. Paul Kerrigan
Macroom       Ballincollig         Nemo Rangers

13. Colm O' Neill    14. Aidan Walsh       15. Donncha O'Connor
Ballyclough         Kanturk                    Ballydesmond

ross4life

Mayo should have joy vs that Cork full back line & Cork still doesn't have settled midfield. When is Daniel Goulding expected to return from injury?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

eviemonkey

Quote from: ross4life on April 26, 2012, 09:29:35 PM
Mayo should have joy vs that Cork full back line & Cork still doesn't have settled midfield. When is Daniel Goulding expected to return from injury?

I'd be a lot more worried about our half-back line than the full-back line to be honest. Canty and Kissane are fine pushing on in attack but suspect defensively. Canty doesn't really have the pace to hold down the middle of the half-back line anymore.

Goulding lined out for his club the other week and came on briefly against Down. A bit away from full fitness yet but close enough. Apparently Ciaran Sheehan is due to tog out for the same club (Eire Og) in a week or so but his injury was a lot more complicated so no guarantee he will be the same player again so soon.

Crete Boom

Quote from: eviemonkey on April 26, 2012, 09:57:32 PM

I'd be a lot more worried about our half-back line than the full-back line to be honest. Canty and Kissane are fine pushing on in attack but suspect defensively. Canty doesn't really have the pace to hold down the middle of the half-back line anymore.

Goulding lined out for his club the other week and came on briefly against Down. A bit away from full fitness yet but close enough. Apparently Ciaran Sheehan is due to tog out for the same club (Eire Og) in a week or so but his injury was a lot more complicated so no guarantee he will be the same player again so soon.

Good to hear Goulding and Sheehan are back playing two serious players for Cork. Any word on the Mayo team are will it be announced the night before like all through the league?

Tubberman

Quote from: Crete Boom on April 27, 2012, 10:46:56 AM
Quote from: eviemonkey on April 26, 2012, 09:57:32 PM

Good to hear Goulding and Sheehan are back playing two serious players for Cork. Any word on the Mayo team are will it be announced the night before like all through the league?

Due to be announced at midday today
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

intoDwest

he Mayo Senior Football team to face Cork this coming Sunday in the Allianz Football League Final is as follows:

1.   David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
2.   Kevin Keane - Westport
3.   Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
4.   Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
5.   Lee Keegan - Westport
6.   Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe
7.   Colm Boyle - Davitts
8.   Barry Moran - Castlebar Mitchels
9.   Jason Gibbons - Ballintubber
10.   Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
11.   Andy Moran - Ballaghaderreen (Capt.)
12.   Alan Dillon - Ballintubber
13.   Conor Mortimer - Parnells
14.   Cillian O'Connor - Ballintubber
15.   Michael Conroy - Davitts

16.   Robert Hennelly - Breaffy
17.   Michael Walsh - Ardnaree
18.   Shane McHale - Knockmore
19.   Peadar Gardiner - Crossmolina
20.   Richie Feeney - Castlebar Mitchels
21.   Danny Geraghty - Ballintubber
22.   Seamus O'Shea - Breaffy
23.   Patrick Harte - Ballina Stephenites
24.   Alan Freeman - Aghamore
25.   Enda Varley - Garrymore
26.   Jason Doherty - Burrishoole

Tubberman

No surprises there.
I think he made the right call leaving Andy at CHF, he'll give Canty an awful time.
Cillian is very clever and if he's back on form could create a lot of chances.
Not convinced about Barry Moran in midfield at all though..... hope I'm wrong, but there could be a change required there early on.
Pat Harte, SOS and Geraghty are good options to be able to call on though.

intoDwest

Tubberman

Quote from: intoDwest on April 27, 2012, 12:03:21 PM
Whats the story with Danny Kirby? Injured?

Broke bone in his hand in the U21 game against Galway, but don't think he's involved with senior panel at the moment anyway. Could be wrong on that though...

Farrandeelin

Like Tubberman, I'm worried about B. Moran at midfield. He may have a tough time of it  diddn't cconvince in any of the legue games he playedd there so far. Apart from that, it's as good as we have at the moment so best of luck to them.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

western exile

Barry Moran's continued selection at midfield baffles me.  :-\
I can only guess that he must be doing some wonderful things at training that he has not produced in games. Danny Geraghty, Seamus O'Shea, and Pat Harte have all performed better than him, even with only brief appearances, and all 3 should be ahead of Barry Moran in selection.

Crete Boom

Quote from: western exile on April 27, 2012, 12:43:58 PM
Barry Moran's continued selection at midfield baffles me.  :-\
I can only guess that he must be doing some wonderful things at training that he has not produced in games. Danny Geraghty, Seamus O'Shea, and Pat Harte have all performed better than him, even with only brief appearances, and all 3 should be ahead of Barry Moran in selection.

In fairness I though he was excellent against Down but I thought he struggled big time in the Kerry match(granted these were the only times I got to see him). Pretty happy with the team especially the options off the bench with Seamus O' Shea and Alana Freeman back.

marym

I have a free childs ticket if anybody wants it Row hh section 304 cusack stand. can email it to you

moysider

Quote from: intoDwest on April 27, 2012, 11:46:48 AM
he Mayo Senior Football team to face Cork this coming Sunday in the Allianz Football League Final is as follows:

1.   David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
2.   Kevin Keane - Westport
3.   Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
4.   Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
5.   Lee Keegan - Westport
6.   Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe
7.   Colm Boyle - Davitts
8.   Barry Moran - Castlebar Mitchels
9.   Jason Gibbons - Ballintubber
10.   Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
11.   Andy Moran - Ballaghaderreen (Capt.)
12.   Alan Dillon - Ballintubber
13.   Conor Mortimer - Parnells
14.   Cillian O'Connor - Ballintubber
15.   Michael Conroy - Davitts

16.   Robert Hennelly - Breaffy
17.   Michael Walsh - Ardnaree
18.   Shane McHale - Knockmore
19.   Peadar Gardiner - Crossmolina
20.   Richie Feeney - Castlebar Mitchels
21.   Danny Geraghty - Ballintubber
22.   Seamus O'Shea - Breaffy
23.   Patrick Harte - Ballina Stephenites
24.   Alan Freeman - Aghamore
25.   Enda Varley - Garrymore
26.   Jason Doherty - Burrishoole

That ll do ..... and we may even get a result out of it.

I don t think there was any other pick we could realistically put out tbh.

Yeah, Barry M. has been struggling but if can be got right he ll be an assett. SOS just coming back can be brought in. Harte and Geraghty too but I wouldn t start either. If we could get him right Moran has more quality than O Neill and O Connor put together.
  In spite of earlier good showings by other players it is obvious now that the only lads we have that can make a fist of 14 is either Andy or Cillian. For we need Andy out. COC has looked off colour so far but at least we know he knows how to play there. Unfortunately for us, apart from Andy, nobody else has a clue what s going on.
We re not in a bad place right now. Not too bothered about Sunday tbh. Looking forward we need a few midfielders fit and somebody that knows how to play full f if were playing a 14 as a target.

western exile

Regarding the 14 jersey,  Alan Freeman looked the answer in recent seasons. Has he lost the touch?