Landlords with 18 properties evicted for not paying their mortgage...

Started by ludermor, April 20, 2012, 10:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: ziggy90 on April 20, 2012, 09:22:11 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 20, 2012, 09:18:08 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 20, 2012, 07:48:58 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 20, 2012, 07:44:53 PM
No sympathy here, don't understand why anyone would have sympathy.
The banks didn't create the mess by themselves.
+1 sir. They took a risk that didn't pay off. Tough shit regardless of their age.
Yep. Fcuk 'em. Greedy cnuts.

Spot on

Agree with all that, big boys games, big boys rules. Tough titty.
Careful now

orangeman

Yes Kelly made some bad moves and now is going to lose all it seems.

What did the banks lose when they ran out of money ?. They got bailed out by the tax payer cos they were considered too big to fail.

But it's ok for boys like Kelly and even smaller fish to drown in the tsunami caused in no small way by the banks who lent Kelly and co the money.

Tubberman

Quote from: orangeman on April 20, 2012, 11:57:41 PM

What did the banks lose when they ran out of money ?. They got bailed out by the tax payer cos they were considered too big to fail.

But it's ok for boys like Kelly and even smaller fish to drown in the tsunami caused in no small way by the banks who lent Kelly and co the money.

He was given two years notice of eviction proceedings. He decided on this course of action. The bailiffs didn't arrive at his doorstep and drag from his bed unannounced.
You can't possibly think a waiver should be given to everyone who has a loan with the banks - can you? They owe the money. If they don't pay it back, the taxpayers will have to.
To paraphrase what Noonan said today, there's a big difference between can't pay and won't pay. This fella tried to manipulate the situation for his own advantage and it seems to have backfired. Tough shite.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

The moral proplem was not so much with bailing out the banks, it was letting those running them at the top away with it. The country needs banks, thats just the fact of life.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Never beat the deeler

Its not just the banks that have left the country in the state its in. People who have benefited by buying houses at the start of the boom have gone all out to make a killing. They took a risk for large profits. As stated elsewhere, its not like he didnt have enough notice. What did he think was going to happen when he stopped paying his mortgage in 2009??

People need to be accountable for their actions. You make an investment, you stand to make or lose money. But you pay your debts.
Hasta la victoria siempre

Denn Forever

Maybe because he had the Mortgage from Anglo, he thought the government would bail him out.

Bad audio but eviction at Kiliney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9u_rV7VGqw
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Gaffer

He had to go  and I agree with his eviction but that was difficult to watch.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Gaffer on April 21, 2012, 09:59:11 AM
He had to go  and I agree with his eviction but that was difficult to watch.

The video actually had the opposite effect on me. I am less sympathetic (I had very little prior to the video) to the couple now. The most difficult thing about that video was listening to that pair of whining, snivelling women.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

pintsofguinness

Before I seen the video I thought they were pulled out by the hair or something, don't see what the big fuss is.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

AhJaysusRef

With a Jacket and a pompous fake accent like that, they are West Brits.

ziggy90

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 20, 2012, 11:37:54 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on April 20, 2012, 09:22:11 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 20, 2012, 09:18:08 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 20, 2012, 07:48:58 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 20, 2012, 07:44:53 PM
No sympathy here, don't understand why anyone would have sympathy.
The banks didn't create the mess by themselves.
+1 sir. They took a risk that didn't pay off. Tough shit regardless of their age.
Yep. Fcuk 'em. Greedy cnuts.

Spot o :on

Agree with all that, big boys games, big boys rules. Tough titty.
Don't know where Dougal's reply went.

:o

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Orangemac

If I have a car I can't afford I doubt I would be able to hang onto it for 2 years. There is a 1800s approach to property in Ireland that needs to be sorted. There are minimal house repossessions in Ireland compared to the UK or America. If you can't afford it then tough luck.

People in arrears should be given the chance to come to an arrangement with lenders to see if payments can be spread out or made more manageable but some people are never going to be able to afford their payments. Unfortunately the debt resolution legisaltion planned does not seem to involve being able to hand back the keys and declare yourself bankrupt for a few years.

No one has a right to own their own house, there are enough houses to rent in this country to make sure no-one is out on the street.

seafoid

Kelly for me is no different to Sean Quinn. The cost of the bet that went arseways ends up with the taxpayer.

Quinn bet the house on Anglo and Kelly didn't pay anything on his mortgage since 2009.

There used to be more accountability in Ireland. 

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on April 21, 2012, 04:42:06 PM
Kelly for me is no different to Sean Quinn. The cost of the bet that went arseways ends up with the taxpayer.

Quinn bet the house on Anglo and Kelly didn't pay anything on his mortgage since 2009.

Electing Bertie 3 times put an end to accountability.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on April 22, 2012, 11:13:39 AM
Quote from: seafoid on April 21, 2012, 04:42:06 PM

Electing Bertie 3 times put an end to accountability.
Muppet

I started reading "the Pope's children" last week and it is some selection of choice delusions.