The Day Leitrim Played Dublin in Croke Park

Started by EwanMacKenna, April 18, 2012, 03:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EwanMacKenna

Don't know how to describe it, in fact don't think it needs an introduction. Thought this was simply brilliant and sums up the summer and makes you want it to come around even quicker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHsZOEjXfVE

Syferus

Wonderful.

I found the programme for the 1994  Roscommon-Leitrim Connacht semi-final at the Hyde, Cake Curran was playing at corner forward that day. What a lad.

The Hyde was kind to Leitrim that summer.

Jinxy

Was in the Hyde for the Connacht final that year.
The scenes afterwards would melt a heart of stone.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

deiseach

The last minute of that video literally made my hairs stand on end. "There's more to football than winning, there's . . . sandwiches". Just lovely.

haranguerer

Already in the classic youtube thread I believe

ross4life

Quote from: Syferus on April 18, 2012, 03:25:04 PM
Wonderful.

I found the programme for the 1994  Roscommon-Leitrim Connacht semi-final at the Hyde, Cake Curran was playing at corner forward that day. What a lad.

The Hyde was kind to Leitrim that summer.
I was behind the town end goal that day (to be later known as Lohan's corner) Shane came over for a chat during the game unreal character.
Quote from: haranguerer on April 18, 2012, 04:11:27 PM
Already in the classic youtube thread I believe
There is but i think it deserves a thread of it's own. The Connacht final pitch invasion followed by the mad session in Carrick on Shannon that night was something Leitrim fans will never forget.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Shamrock Shore

I was in the Hogan beside the Gunner Garvey, a Leitrim priest that would start a row in an empty room. He started one at half time cos some lad refused to sit down. Great occasion. Leitrim must have been empty that day. Or emptier!!

Rossfan

Was working in Dublin at that time and got a lift home on the Saturday.
Must have met every Leitrim person that ever learned to drive heading East  on the N4  that day .
There was also a tale that an awful lot of Laythrums living in Dublin and surrounds travelled home on the Friday so they could be part of the great occasion of travelling to Croker on the Saturday. ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM