LIAM O' NEILL

Started by goal 10, April 14, 2012, 06:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goal 10

How will Liam O'Neill do as president of the gaa ?

DuffleKing

Denn Forever

He seems to have good ideas but he will be fighting tradition.  Hurling AI in August?  He looks to have the grassroots uppermost in his mind though.

Some people will have to change their footers.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hardy

He seems to have his priorities right - sort out the club fixtures mess so that players have regular games and a known schedule. I reckon that is the correct number one requirement.

He also sounds sensible and straightforward and not a "say nothing categorical" PR gombeen like ... well, you know ...

magpie seanie

I'm optimistic that he'll be an improvement.

INDIANA

I wouldnt be optimistic personally. hopefully I'll be wrong.

SLIGONIAN

He was on about indiscipline of players today and it annoyed me that no one in the gaa hierarchy are looking at the standard of refereeing, When will someone get rid of curley and address this?

There was a great photo in the papers when grimley was about 10 feet away from Michael Duffy in the Armagh v Laois game, Duffy was walking off the field with grimley pointing and shouting a fair distance away and Duffy had a massive SMILE on his face. The amount of times ive seen refs smiling there heads when in the midst of a controversy. Its the most angering thing a ref can do imo, they love it judgeing by there reactions to it.

Couldnt be any worse than cooney could he?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

heffo

He has a barring order being processed against Coilin as we speak.

magpie seanie

Quote from: heffo on April 15, 2012, 01:53:08 AM
He has a barring order being processed against Coilin as we speak.

;D ;D ;D

Would have thought that's a bit slow off the mark! (only kidding Coilin!)