Started by Dinny Breen, April 14, 2012, 04:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Louth 0-04 0-06 Westmeath, Haggardstown, 3pm
Longford 0-06 1-04 Meath, Pearse Park, 3pm
Wicklow v Laois, Aughrim, 7pm
Carlow v Dublin, Dr Cullen Park, 7pm
Kildare 3-19 0-10 Wexford, Newbridge FT

Kildare were only a point up at half-time but there was a strong wind and Kildare just moved up the gears but still hard to gauge where Kildare are at as Wexford completely lost their way in the 2nd half.

However Kildare's spine was very good with Mahon at fullback, the always impressive Hyland at centre-half back, O'Connell in midfield but Niall Kelly 11) and Paddy Brophy (14) were just two footballers head and shoulders above everything else on the pitch. They just seem to have an eternity on the ball.

Good win though.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Leinster MFC
Louth 2-10 0-06 Westmeath, Haggardstown FT
Longford 0-11 1-11 Meath, Pearse Park FT
Wicklow v Laois, Aughrim, 7pm
Carlow v Dublin, Dr Cullen Park, 7pm
Kildare 3-19 0-10 Wexford, Newbridge FT
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Didn't make the match but we must have a decent shout in Leinster this year. Dublin clearly the team to beat as always but this Kildare team have had some good challenge results including giving Cork a few good hidings. Must be a good spread of talent if only one of the Edenderry lads are involved and he was only a sub today. Kelly was always highly thought of but Fitzpatrick from Monasterevin could be anything. He was different class for the VEC team in their run to the All-Ireland Final.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 14, 2012, 05:21:29 PM
Didn't make the match but we must have a decent shout in Leinster this year. Dublin clearly the team to beat as always but this Kildare team have had some good challenge results including giving Cork a few good hidings. Must be a good spread of talent if only one of the Edenderry lads are involved and he was only a sub today. Kelly was always highly thought of but Fitzpatrick from Monasterevin could be anything. He was different class for the VEC team in their run to the All-Ireland Final.

He actually banged in a couple of goals and a few points and was particularly impressive in the 2nd half. He was however poor in the 1st half, seem to abdicate responsibility with some very poor off the ball running and was outshone by Brophy who I thought was superb.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

I was impressed by him last year too. He's a younger brother of Conor.

INDIANA

Donnellys Hollow

Many of that Dublin team back from last year?

I see Wicklow had two points to spare over Laois down in Aughrim. Some decline from Laois at this age level over the past five years.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Typical Meath arrogance. Congratulating Longford for staying close.

Hardy

Oh great!

(Hurriedly deletes post.)

Call it dyslexia. Or call it Rioja.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 14, 2012, 08:36:35 PM

Don't worry, I'll burst him for all us subjugated midlanders. The bollixs only have an inch of a coastline themselves!

INDIANA

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 14, 2012, 08:30:12 PM
Many of that Dublin team back from last year?

I see Wicklow had two points to spare over Laois down in Aughrim. Some decline from Laois at this age level over the past five years.

2-24 to 0-4.

Only 2 DH. Brand new team. But the structures are so good that we've good lads coming through most years but its not as good as last years side and I think Leinster is quite open this year.

Jinxy

Fair play to them for togging out.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on April 14, 2012, 08:44:56 PM

Don't worry, I'll burst him for all us subjugated midlanders. The bollixs only have an inch of a coastline themselves!

I'm  not a subjugated Midlander. I'm from Offaly. We don't bow the head to anyone, no matter how shite we are :D

Dont Matter

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 14, 2012, 08:30:12 PM

Standards have slipped badly. Pity we and other counties like us didn't get a share of the 7 million that slithered it's way into the hands of one county. See below.

Quote from: INDIANA on April 14, 2012, 08:45:38 PM
2-24 to 0-4.

Only 2 DH. Brand new team. But the structures are so good that we've good lads coming through most years but its not as good as last years side and I think Leinster is quite open this year.

Nothing to do with the millions received though. No way, just some good old fashioned volunteer work by the salt of the earth, working class Dubs.  ::)
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn